Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Put me down for one NW.

This thread is nuts.

Long flippin’ day of taking pictures, charging batteries, doing runtime tests, output measurements, throw measurements, and modifications. I’ve got 1 more runtime test I’m going to do tonight after the battery is charged then I’ll throw all the data at my PC and post it up in a thread. Should be up around noon tomorrow… then a final modification and a couple more measurements after that. :slight_smile:

I am in for one more CW light. Thanks

+1

I tend to avoid lights which switch on low like this, because I end up accidentally changing mode groups a lot or spending extra time every time I use it to make sure it’s configured correctly for my next usage. Same with mode memory, actually. I would rather it come on in the same mode each time, and I then manually have to set it to that mode every time I turn it off. Soldered stars are a great way to avoid these issues, if possible.

+1! Or rather, +1500 or so. Long thread is long.

It’s great to see everyone’s enthusiasm, but I don’t understand why there have been so many negative sentiments. Krono and the other organizers seem to be doing a great job and I’m happy to trust that they’ll get us a nice end result.

What about the JaredM’s suggestion of 20 clicks to change memory on/off, or mode groups? Surely that can not annoy anyone.

How will a driver without an electronic switch recognize 20 clicks?

I’m in for one NW. Thanks!

Yeah Im just kind of waiting for the end post now, the one with price, link, and its live. Then Ill decide if Im sticking to the 2 claimed, or upping it to 5. I stayed off the thread for a day or so, 112 posts added.

Yeah, if the price is right, I will be definitely going 2 NW for sure (and that’s how the fight started :stuck_out_tongue: )

The manufacturer needs to just burn off 1000 units…guarantee they will sell…ESPECIALLY since it’s a BLF only custom build!

This is completely possible.

It would work in relation to “on time”. If the light is on for less than ~2 seconds, 20 times in a row, then toggle memory activation/deactivation. This could be announced as completed by a short strobe burst, so you could know when to quit clicking.

I personally modified luxdrv once to do something vaguely similar on a light for a friend.

Side note: I have lights that I prefer mode memory, and I have lights that I prefer NO mode memory. I use them all for very different purposes. This debate can only be “won” by offering a light that can achieve both, although I have my doubts that this is something that is going to happen during this group buy.

If this light ends up with no mode memory and always starts on moonlight mode, it will secure itself a location on my bedside table, exactly where a light like that belongs - IMHO.

Im thinking an audible alarm should sound when ready to change mode groups, after 67 clicks. Yeah, like really high pitched and repetitive and it should continue to sound while in the change mode. And a submarine like wooop wooop on completion, just two as anything more might be annoying. 117 clicks to lock it so no accidental 67 clicks can happen.

I could be mistaken, but Im thinking the 20 clicks remark was humorous.

Third one for me, please - so 1x NW and 2x CW

173 arekm nw
416 arekm cw
XXX arekm cw

I haven’t thought of the technical side, but many lights already use this technique to activate the hidden strobe modes, so it certainly is possible.

To make sure you want to change a mode, you should have to do the 20 half clicks in 10 seconds, then the light burst and high pitched alarm, then you would manually enter what mode you wanted by a series of morse code half clicks, another light burst would then give you notice to verify the new mode, then you would repeat the same code, if it exactly matched, you’d get get a strobe with the wooop wooop. However, if things didn’t match exactly, you would go back to entering the mode again. The mode change could be like a game with difficulty settings and everything, and after level 10 the flashlight would connect to any open nearby wi-fi and post your high scores!

Y’all are hilarious. :stuck_out_tongue:

G’night.

Clicks!…I thought you guys meant CHICKS!

Adding small capacitor can provide information to MCU that the click was recent (ie. capacitor won’t discharge immediately when you cut power by clicking, it will hold its charge for a while, so when power is back MCU knows that click was recent). That + flash and you can count recent clicks.

One more NW for me please:)

• big thanks to the organizers!