Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

I believe you are mistaken.

my 4 Sevens is annoying enough with the 3 twists to change modes. 20 clicks would drive me mental.

(or is it 6 or 7, I cant remember I never do it because it drives me mental)

Just for clarity, I was not referring to the original person that mentioned 20 clicks, but the person who referenced that comment and added ‘surely that would not annoy anyone’.

Oh, I see that my comment about the annoyment was misunderstood. I was referring to the comments about accidental group changes and blinks that seem to annoy people with the conventional group changing methods.

3-twists on 4sevens light? You are talking about the mode programming on the tactical model? If 2 user selectable modes is not enough, then you should have selected the standard version.

You’d only need to do the 20 click thing once and only if you want to change the mode memory on/off. What’s so mental about that? Certainly better than clicking 5 times every time you want to turn the light on.

Yeah it is the Tacticool model. And 2 modes is ample, just annoying to change them. Not that I do it. I have more than 20 other lights to choose from, I just use them instead. My SWM v11r is the easiest to use and finds its way into my pocket daily.

And I should have noticed it was your comment. My bad. Why would 5 or 10 clicks not be ample though? What are you doing that less than 20 could still be accidental?

Does it have a “Dr. Evil” self destruct option if you get to 100 clicks? :smiley:

Forces a nail through the battery…. ding ding ding

I really don’t get the argument about not remembering what mode it was in concerning mode memory. As the only people who say this, also seem to be people who say they generally use their light in low anyhow.

So if that’s the mode you use most, then with memory most of the time (if not all of the time), you’ll still get the mode you want when you turn it on.

ie - you still win.

Having a compromised UI and no mode memory won’t actually cost you anything, but it will benefit others.

ie a win win for all.

Yeh, I have one of those 4sevens tacticals too. But I think mine is older model, since it needs 4 twists to get to the programming mode. That’s not bad at all, but the overly long waits for the acknowledgement blinks is a bit annoying when trying to reprogram it. But I think those might have been fixed on the newer models.

Since it takes 5 clicks to get to the turbo, someone might accidentally miss the turbo on the first try, and when he keeps on clicking to get back to turbo, he would have done the 10 clicks already. So certainly more than 10 is needed to avoid accidents. But it could be any number, 20 is just an example that seemed safe.

how about worship it to change the mode :smiley:

But that’s quite a heavy compromise, in fact an f’ing annoying one. I tend to use ceiling bounce a lot indoors, as it illuminates more than simply pointing it at something.

High output is good for this. If I’m not doing this, then I’m generally outside, so again high is preference.

The only time I really need low is if used by the bedside when all other lights are off, but I have other better lights for that such as my SWM V11R which offers a better moonlight than this light ever will.

But having to click FIVE times to get to high almost every time I want to use the light is an f’ing ball-ache and would make me not want to use the light.

3 modes - it’s bearable but still horrid.

Memory would at least mean it’d do what I wanted most of the time. Which would be the same if you wanted it to start in moonlight.

5 modes and no memory is NOT a compromise, it’s a piss take, heavily bespoke for only one group of people and completely the polar opposite for the others.

If a more sophisticated UI isn’t possible, then memory really is the only solution that IS a compromise. But at least will suite most people most of the time. Rather than some people none of the time.

Nothing’s been decided about the UI yet, AFAIK. Those modes where for testing purposes, and the final UI should be decided after the samples have been tested, before production - at least that’s the last official word I’ve seen.
There was even some talk about voting about the modes/UI in the beginning of the thread, but I do not know if that idea has been buried or not.

please put me down for 1 NW and 1 CW

:slight_smile: Thank you :expressionless:

Oh Ok. I succumb.

Please put me down for 1.
NW.
3 modes or however they come.

Still I’m not on the list and would like to order 1 additional.
First one was on thread #1475 NW and for another one I would
like to order CW. So total is 2 pcs.
Thanks

It actually works! Put the light on full and start worshipping. After a while the light starts to dim.

Works on all my flashlights! But it could be just me...

We are hashing out the comparative details now on the levels and Krono will be talkin with Neal/EE about making changes. We are all in agreement that they missed the target with the levels, it remains to be seen how they will make adjustments.

As far as overall UI and whether or not it has last mode memory, that will remain Krono’s call.

mattaus has, in the past, done his Hyperion firmware for his P60 drop-ins that utilized 8 fast clicks to step into the modes group, then a menu of x number of clicks to select the desired option, followed by more clicks to change the option whether adding strobe or sos or simply entering ramping to set the desired level or group. With 2 groups and up to 7 levels configurable, it is extremely flexible. I don’t know that he’s still doing this, but I do know that it works fine on an L2P triple Noctigon. :wink:

You’re not worshipping fast enough! It’s supposed to get brighter! Step it up, man! J) Try some self-flagellation. :wink:

Sigster 1x NW

Thanks for the level headed reply Dale. I can get the humor in the jokes about the 132 clicks and such, but I believe the real potential of my proposal (20 fast clicks to change mode groups, whatever they are) was overlooked by many here. I chose 20 because if we have 5 levels, and you are cycling through and miss the mode you want (happens frequently in my usage), or you do a reference cycle first, then you have as many as 10 clicks to get to where you wanted. I’m a believer in doubling the typical margin for error so that puts you right around 20.

With this method, there isn’t any accidental mode group switching, and there are mode groups. So this UI can please most people.

Couldn’t wait longer. Let’s start the group buy… :bigsmile: tell us the price please!