Group buy Brinyte B158 Cree XP-L HI V3 LED

Yeah, it’s not great, not horrible either, very “meh”

I too disappointed with the throw from uniquefire 1405 modded with XML2 dedome and 3A driver.

Waiting for parts to arrive so I can mod further.

Mine arrived, not dark yet so haven’t had a proper play.

I have tried it on a wall against a led lenser 7.2 since the design of the optic makes them a decent zoomie and they lose fewer lumens. The 158 looks a lot brighter so promising signs for how well it will throw.

No comparison in the flood, the extra lumens make it a non contest.

Looking forward to seeing it out in the dark later.

Do you have some b158 with U4 or this is your first b158 ever ?

@Mstevens113, b158 should destroy that led lenser. Do not forget to inform us about impressions !

I have B158 with Fet+1. And I just built one for a friend using a 3A qlite. The 3A one was decent, but you could definitely tell the difference. If you’re not impressed with the 3A output, drop in a Fet+1 or stack some more 7135s on the stock board.

Yeah I’m waiting for 7135 chips to arrive then I’ll stack 4 more to pump more current.

I suspect the lens is shit so lots of lumens are lost when the light travel through the lens

Mine will arrive tomorrow so for about 24h I will see the differences.

Lens on this lamp is excellent, big and large.
This may help you :

Where you buy fet+1 for this lamp ?
Also I see that there are pills available for this lamp, but price is unacceptable.
Pill + driver + led = more than this lamp cost.

I’ve purchased a pill for one that I built for a customer, but only because he wanted a second pill (he wanted both a red and white pill). Pricey, but if I’m not the one paying for it… :wink: I usually just buy the red (or green) version from Gearbest and empty out the pill. With the promo code (found on this site), the price is about $21. Add emitter and driver, and you’re in the ~$35 range. Sure, that’s more expensive, but you’ll end up with an DTP copper board and a FET+1. IMHO, that’s how this light was meant to be.

FET+1 from Mtn Elec (higher quality, US based, but a little more expensive at $10 - worth it!): link
FET+1 from Banggood (lower quality, from US or China, inexpensive at $5 with promo code): link

I’ve used both drivers. For my own light, I’d use the Mtn driver. For building a light for someone that doesn’t know much about flashlights, the A17DD would work just fine.

And when you do all of that do you make some beamshots for differences ?

I’m just wondering how much is improvement with default b158 U4 vs Mtn driver vs Banggood driver.

You know I buy b158 HI V3 for 25 $ and then I must to add 10 $ more for driver, so it is 35$ in the best case + you must work on it… I just wonder whether it is profitable to do all that, because you maybe can buy better light for 35$, and have no work about it.

Unfortunately I didn’t do any side-by-sides with the 3amp B158 vs the FET+1. I do, however, have some comparison beamshots of the B158 against a few UF-1504’s in this thread. It easily reached out to 500 yards, the beamshots don’t really do justice to the light. I wouldn’t doubt if it could reach out to 600 or 700 yds.

Sure, other lights could be had for the money. Would they perform better? Maybe, but likely not. And modding is half the fun for me. I find that if I didn’t assemble the light, program the driver, etc then I really don’t appreciate the light as much. I recently bought a Nitecore P12GT. It’s an excellent light, but I never use it. It’s just not as meaningful to me as any of the lights I’ve modded. As such, it probably has less than 30 minutes of usage. (shameless plug: if anyone is interested in the P12GT, it’s in like-new shape and I still have all the original packaging, etc. PM me if interested)

I will refrain from comments untill tomorrow evening when I will try b158 HI V3 vs ordinary b158 and some other lights.

It is too expensive for me that I can talk about P12GT, and I was just wondering what is the range of it, comparing b158 HI, and UF-1504 ?

It would be unfair to compare beam distance of the P12GT (a reflector tube light) vs any of the aspheric lights mentioned. The B158, UF-1504, etc would definitely out throw the P12GT. But the P12GT is much better for a medium-distance light with some usable spill, and is much more pocket-able (better suited for EDC). The P12GT would be more comparable to a C8 or modded S2 / S6.

Mine arrived.

Got mine today too. :+1:

@gchart, ok, clear just want to confirm that this two are better in longer throw.

And Rufusbduck and Dwantink how are you satisfied ?

Ok, I don’t have too much time tonight but I try it. In general therms V3 version have much smaller square and it is also more visible than U4 version, it will easy out throw U4, and on same distance V3 is much clearer, so if you want a good and clearly visible throw, then choose a V3 version, just to add that V3 version have corona and U4 don’t have it.

I don’t try and compare a flood regime I will do it another night, but I assume that U4 need to be a little better because in general U4 make more lumens than V3.

I will try to get a better camera when friend back from vacation and then I will make some beamshots.

Got mine today and I love it. :slight_smile: Thank you so much.

Is this group buy still on? Is there a code that I need to get the discounted price? Thanks

I send a PM to you.

Could you also PM me the code for the discounted price?!

Thanks.

I will send.

There is another groupbuy active now for light of same manufacturer :