GROUP BUY CANCELED AGAIN. Blackshadow Terminator T70

Ive got a feeling there exactly the same light, I’ll tell you why I think that
Just before wallbuys pulled the plug, it said 40 sold and world wide stock 18

Now relisted with exactly same sold and in stock, I can get the sold units being the same, but surely they would have restocked with more units, are the 18 the original 18?

I wonder

Seems like they just took it down for a few days, then listed it back with MAP price

Um… According to some company ( they rather I don’t identify them ) I spoke to, they weren’t aware there’s MAP on Black Shadow lights…Wallbuys decided to cancel the group buy, afraid that many will return the lights back to them or asking for refund thus costing more money for them. so they cancel the order from Black Shadow until they can verified the output will be more than the old U3s.
Now BlackShadow is scrambling to put the new XM-L2 U2 on T70 instead XM-L2 T6 for higher lumen out put. H)

I don’t see why we can’t have group buy at the specified amount in OP, beside on their website it says 4+ is priced at $100.30 and anything more than that is whole sale.

Either they put the sale back or some other company will step up and do the group buy on this light at the same price… we just have to wait a little bit longer until Black Shadow fix the issue with the LED.

Has anybody noticed that the refund was put on hold by Paypal? is it just me or you guys are also experiencing this?

The kung, 4X LED, is definitely more a flooder than a regular SRK, so these beamshots make a lot of sense. The terminator definitely has some throw to it. Thanx Miguel for the shots!

¿More flooder? ¿Sure?

King:

Kung:

i have only my CC “linked” to PayPal…
-> they sent the money instantly to my bank.

Yes paypal has put my refund on hold as well very anoying |(

what could be the reason for this on hold issue? I just noticed it awhile ago when I placed another order.

Mine went back into my banks last week

Last time they refunded hundreds of dollars PayPal froze their account. Probably the same thing here.

Considering that I got my Terminator (pre T70 version) from Illumination Supply right here in the USA for $85, the $150 single unit price from China for the new version seems very high. The $85 was listed as a May special by IS but I presume that it was also a clearance on the old model. I have let them know that I am interested in the T70 if/when they get a batch in. Rather buy from a USA dealer, particularly if no advantage in price by buying direct from a China seller. Would IS negotiate a group buy?

Awaiting another gb!

until black shadow can demonstrate in a review (perhaps by JM) that the new model puts out the advertised lumens (or at least more than the regular terminator) - I wont even be interested in organizing another GB

The BST is a bit hard to measure properly since it doesn’t have a round head. I’m going to have to make a custom stencil for it before I can get anywhere near an accurate measurement from a light box or integrating sphere. Otherwise too much light leaks out and artificially lowers the value.

Even with that issue though, and even with the mods I did on mine to trade lumens for better color and a smoother beam, mine still gets a higher reading than my Skyray King. That might change after the SRK mods I have planned though. :slight_smile:

If you order 2 Terminator T70 to Wallbuys the price drops to $100 per unit, and if you use the coupon code LEDWALLBUYS14, the unit cost 90 dollars.

Knowing this, it does not seem all that complicated to do another group buy.

And we think a thing, a serial SRK gives about 1600 lumens, not 2000 as we could think, and the Terminator T70 gives at least about 2600 lumens, so the difference has to be noticed for sure.

I have really wanted to make the group buy again.

Depends on the SRK. I’m still calibrating my light box, but the original pre-clone SRK I have measured at 2100 lumens last night and I’m pretty sure my estimate is low, not high. The general consensus at the time was that the originals did about 2200 OTF, and the first upgraded authentic models got about 2500 instead.

Sorry to disagree, but I trust more in 1600 lm measured by UPZ of Forolinternas.

My xml t6 3c king does 2100 otf with a UCL installed
my 6x xml 2king does around 2700ish with a ucl

There are a lot of SRK clones, and they perform very very differently.

When SRKs were new, quality was relatively consistent and many different people reported about 2200 lumens. Then it started to get cloned, and the first clones were only 2000 (but the upgraded original was about 2500 due to better emitters). Since then, clones have gotten worse and worse (but some have been surprisingly good). It sounds like UPz either got a bad one or has his integrating sphere calibrated to the least-generous lumen scale available (100 Zebralight lumens != 100 EagleTac lumens, for example).

When the ZL S6330 came out, many people were disappointed because its highest mode measured lower than their SRK, which would not have been true if they had a 1600 lumen SRK.

When I measured 2100 lumens I wasn’t using full batteries, and every measurement I took above 200 lumens or so appears to be lower than it should be (XinTD C8 V4 measured at only 900 lumens, for example), so I think the actual value will be higher once I find a better calibration function. This shows how: Lightbox Design – Selfbuilt's Flashlight Reviews.ca

Modded SRKs can easily outperform a stock Blackshadow Terminator. It’s common to get 3500 to 4000 lumens (sustained) from a pimped out SRK, or as much as 5500 lumens at start (but it drops like a rock due to heat). See 18sixfifty’s recent thread about the 6x SRK he’s selling, or RMM’s limited run for sale. The very similar Supfire M6 can sustain about 4800 lumens after some mods, and it’s possible to buy one configured this way for less money than even the cheapest BST.

I’m guessing my original 3-LED SRK mod (wide-spectrum with BLF SRK driver) will probably do about 3000 lumens after I get the parts and put it together. This was actually what motivated me to finally build a measuring device… I wanted to measure how much difference the mod would make.

(edit: 5500lm OTF from a SRK at start, not 6500… I remembered the wrong number)