Group buy feeler, Kaidomain Nichia 219A 92 CRI 4500K bare emitter

I’d presume it would be less then $4 each. KD is already selling it on a star for $4. Nichia CRI92 NVSL219A-H1 B11 LED 14.5 x 1mm Star

The 219B R85? :bigsmile: Shhh. They might not have noticed that one.

Looks promising (if the advertised data is correct and real! ;)) but is it really the version with the lower Vf? :santa:

Yea, I do wonder if we can trust their specs. Others have said they are not that good with specs. Plus its a rather exact top tier led we want. SW45, Rank L, B10 or B11.

B11 is the highest brightness bin for 219A 92cri. The brand new 219B R85 can go a bit higher in lumens (if its really available yet in high bin, top voltage rank & in quantity).

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022933 (same LEDs also available on a series board, same price)

I have some of the 219A B10s from I.S., they're... not very bright, I don't think just the next higher bin of B11 would be enough of a difference to bother with. The 219Bs might be a different story (I have some of those too, but not used them yet).

I thought that the OP was about these new 219B's, I must have read it wrong. That actually changes it for me. Chloe, could you ask for the newest and brightest 92CRI 4500K Nichia 219 ? I am still confused what its full name is, but I guess that it is the new one that IS sells as well (and is on backorder :-( ).

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022931

http://www.kaidomain.com/category.227

edit: The one I.S. had for a limited time (now sold out/no longer listed) is NVSL219BT 4500K, 92 CRI, D220

Chloe, if you ask about the 219B, ask for its voltage rank please. :bigsmile:

Comfychair, do you recall the forward voltage IS had for their 219B? I saw it listed but didn’t actually copy it down.

I’ll throw some links to their specs in here. KD gives the japanese links.
NVSL219A-H1 specs datasheet link
NVSL219B specs R85 datasheet link

No, all I have is what's in the confirmation email:

Nichia NVSL219BT 4500K, 92 CRI, D220 Bin -Bare (Limit 5 per person) (NVSL219BT Bare)

Here Calvin says "fitted with the latest Nichia NVSL219BT SW45 D220 LEDs, the successor to the popular NVSL219AT-H1 with lower VF and higher output." And over at The Bad Place he links to .pdf for NVSL219B-R85-E. I guess if you know the voltage bin for the old 219As you might could narrow down which applies to the 219B, I have tried to figure out the Nichia docs until my head hurts, and the best conclusion I can come to is that the Nichia folks hail from some strange parallel universe. (to be fair my head was hurting already before I started, but it's worse now)

Yea, nichia datasheets are a bit different then cree’s.
Thank you for looking.

I know it should be rank L1 2.8 - 3.0v but I just felt like I saw something different on the IS 219B page. I’m likely mistaken. The 2.8 might have made it look higher then 219A at first glance. 219A is rated at 350mA whereas 219B is rated at 700mA.

Standard hoilday headache or something special? :weary: I would offer some eggnog but I don’t know if that would make it better or worse.

in if 219B D220 :open_mouth:

i’m in for 35$ including shipping IF they are capable of THIS
now, if this numbers are correct:1224 lumens from three emiters im fine with that…

No, they won't. I think they got a little too clever with their marketing on those dropins, if you read it carefully what it actually is is 'up to 1224 lumens', and is available with either XPG2s or Nichias.

…nooooooooo!!!..…

So far no additional info, plus why from KD?

Why not try the supplier? Alibaba.
Shenzhen Lanhaite Electronics Limited Co.

Same exact boards listed as KD resells.

Or for a group buy, why not jump all over to Nichia? Or where does IS gets them?
Although if the order is not big enough then the only option is to go through resell anyway.

Anybody tested these Chinese sold Nichias 219 B11? Test and compare to IS 219 B10s?

Also notice the 219B has different lens, is wider than 219A.

Not the lowest voltage bin. So it’s 3.0-3.2V for that one.
And is also CRI 70, and is something like 3B tint.

Who knows what voltage bin they’ve got from their supplier for the NVSL219B.
Output from datasheet seems to be what 25-30lm more, 5-6%?
If the voltage rank is not the best or the bin is not the highest D220 as they try to sell on KD as B220 an BLF database lists as D200, then it is basically equal to the older NVSL219A of equal bin B10 (low voltage bin) ~ D200 (crappy voltage bin).

Nice to see Nichia pushing it further but nothing really impressive there, just an evolution that might bring the Vf lower.

…speaking of which…why don’t we just ask calviniS from IS what would it take to get hands on those B11 nichias at all…cos’ it seems to me that it is very hard to get them in the first place let alone cheap group buy…EDIT: as a matter of fact, this nichia 219 B11 high cri is something like YETI…-everybody is looking for it but nobody has ever actually seen it… :bigsmile:

I tested the output of these (but I can not check the tint/CRI unfortunately):

Post is here :-)

It's pretty likely I.S. will have the 219Bs back at some point in the future, whenever they're available in quantity. I managed to get 3 but haven't used them yet...

edit: If this is like the 3rd time I've said that same thing in this thread, just ignore it. lol

For people outside the US, Illumination Supply is a bit less attractive than for Americans (although their shipping rates to Europe are more than reasonable, I just placed an order today). Apart from being a bit more expensive than the chinese companies, packages from the US are picked out every now and then by dutch customs (costs me 12 euro's, whatever the value of the contents of the package), that never happens to packages from China.

I asked again about 219B but their supplier can’t stock it. So the group buy is for 219A (probably just as well, given Djozz’ findings of the 219B). Alysonhe did not seem to understand voltage rank.