【Group Buy】LT1S Pro with Anduril2, Nichia 519A + 660nm Red LEDs

Exciting! Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these soon!

I’m going for one of these Nichia. Will the different colors be available in the launch versions?

@ToyKeeper Just make sure to merge my stepped tint ramping branch first because I guess it would be a hell of a rebase for me otherwise. :rofl:

1 Thank

Interested

1 Thank

Welcome on BLF !

1 Thank

There are enough branches to merge right now that it’s probably going to be messy no matter what I do… especially for tint-related stuff, since that entire part of the code probably needs a rewrite to handle the variety of multi-channel lights being produced lately.

More thoughts on it are here.

I think it may need multiple different tint algorithms which can be inserted into fsm-ramping.c at compile time, depending on the hardware type. It may also need multiple different 3C+3H handlers (tint-ramping.c), selected at compile time. The idea is to make the interface as consistent and convenient as possible, while still working on many different types of lights.

Like, on a cool+warm+red 3-channel light, perhaps 3C would rotate between 3 different tint modes:

• 011: warm+cool tint ramping + auto-tint modes
  • 100: red only
  • 111: red+warm+cool ramping, in a circle

There are 8 total combinations, but only 3 seem like they would be useful on this particular light… so I’d probably have a tiny array somewhere with those 3 values, and 3C would rotate through the array.

I hope that makes sense.

The channel bitmask approach is just an idea for now, but I think it might help facilitate a wider variety of hardware with a variety of different needs. Like, a light with white, red, and UV would have modes 001, 010, and 100… because it’s not useful to have 2 or more active at the same time. Or a light with flood and throw LEDs might have 01, 10, and 11 – flood only, throw only, and ramping between.

Edit: In practice, the flood+throw interface would probably be:

• 3C: toggle between flood-only and throw-only (01 and 10)
  • 3H: switch to ramp mode (11), wait a moment, then start ramping

Something similar could be used on the LT1S:

• 3C: Rotate to next tint mode (white ramping, red only, red+white ramping)
  • 3H: Ramp tint. If in red mode, switch to white mode, wait a moment, and start ramping tint.

But since these are different, it would need some compile-time magic to select appropriate interface code.

1 Thank

Is there a ETA on 519a LT1s and how many will be produced in the first run?

3 Thanks

Interested

Very interested.

1 Thank

Welcome to BLF!

1 Thank

Welcome on BLF !

Can’t see the pics??

1 Thank

Yep, me neither. :thinking:

Probably they have been deleted… !?

Interested

Interested as well

1 Thank

Welcome on BLF !

Thanks!

1 Thank

@Barry0892, will it be possible to buy the LT1s Pro driver separately, and retrofit a regular LT1s?

2 Thanks

Need to wait for the second batch to see if there are more drivers.

1 Thank