Yep, me neither. :thinking:

Probably they have been deleted… !?

Interested

Interested as well

1 Thank

Welcome on BLF !

Thanks!

1 Thank

@Barry0892, will it be possible to buy the LT1s Pro driver separately, and retrofit a regular LT1s?

2 Thanks

Need to wait for the second batch to see if there are more drivers.

1 Thank

I am also interested in a driver.

Interested

Interested

Interested

Sign me up for the interested list for a 519A/anduril2 version.

I mix red and white a lot. 5700k 519A + red SST20. Lets me add a tiny bit of the red to make the light slightly warmer (I prefer cool CCT overall, but there are moments warmer is useful). Having it as a default switching-only might make sense but I’d definitely be configuring/hacking it to ramp as well.

2 Thanks

It would be a lot of work, but might be helpful for these situations: Make FSM fully n-channel compatible.

What I mean: Each of the n channels is by default fully independent from other channels. When the UI implementation wants channel 0 to be 50% and channel 1 to be 10%, all it needs to do would be something like:

set_level(channel_0, 75);
set_level(channel_1, 15);

This would allow the UI implementation to have full flexibility of how the channels are used. Additionally implement a mixer that can be configured to create virtual channels that can be controlled together. I’m thinking about various modes like a simple linked mode where both channels get the same value or a tintmix mode that allows to set a ratio between both channels.

// I hate "OOP" in C...
Channel channel_0 = MAKE_CHANNEL(...);  // warm white
Channel channel_1 = MAKE_CHANNEL(...);  // cool white
Channel channel_2 = MAKE_CHANNEL(...);  // red
Channel mixed_channel = MAKE_CHANNEL_TINTMIX(channel_0, channel_1);
set_level(mixed_channel, 42);         // set total brightness for both channels
set_channel_mix(mixed_channel, 128);  // set mix to 50%
set_level(channel_2, 50);             // add some red
2 Thanks

I made an account on here (finally) so I can put my vote in here. I got my BLF LT1 earlier this month and already want to nichia 519a swap it… especially with the 2700k dedomed.

2 Thanks

Yeah, this seems like the best approach - let it be up to the individual light model to determine what makes the most sense as being available, but the underlying code should be able to support mixing an arbitrary number of channels if possible. Consider me available as a development resource as well.

1 Thank

That’s the plan.

Different channel modes are relevant on different hardware, so the modes would be pluggable at compile time. I think of them as conversion functions, to convert from UI parameters to hardware controls. For example:

• A FET+1 light (or FET+N+1) uses a stacked mode, where both channels are active simultaneously but have different PWM tables. Tint isn’t a concept here, just brightness.
  • A warm+cool light uses linked and/or tintmix modes, using a single PWM table which is either duplicated to both channels or divided between two channels according to a tint value.
  • A RGB or RYGB light uses a HSVmix mode that I made for my lightsaber. Hue works like a tintmix light but goes in a circle around 3 or 4 colors of emitters. Value goes up and down with the brightness control. And when brightness is high enough, saturation goes down so it’ll go past the maximum for any single color and turn white.
  • A cool/warm/red light might use a combo mode which does a tint mix between red and white, while further tint-mix dividing the white portion between warm and cool.
  • A flood/throw light might use two single modes, one for each channel by itself, and a tintmix or linked mode which uses both. Or a more complicated light like the K9.3 might use a stacked mode for one set of LEDs, a single mode for the other, and a combo linked mode for both at once.

… and more than one of these modes could be used per light. The plan is for the available set of modes to be matched to each type of hardware, and 3C would change between whatever channel modes that light has, and 3H would modify the current mode’s secondary parameter like tint or hue or how much red to add. In the simple case where there’s only one channel mode, 3C would retain the old function of changing between stepped and smooth ramps.

I hope that makes sense.

4 Thanks

Created an account at last to say: Interested!

3 Thanks

Interested in an LT1S Pro!