【Group Buy】LT1S Pro with Anduril2, Nichia 519A + 660nm Red LEDs

I need this!

Created an account just to get my name on the first batch list please :slight_smile:

Put me on the list.
Question for sofirn: is a magnetic tail for the lt1s (pro) in the works? That would pretty much make it a perfect lantern.

3 Thanks

Interested

Interested

interested

UPDATE: We are pleased to announce that the LT1S Pro will be available this month.

:eyes:

4 Thanks

It looks like the March date was missed, but if I understand correctly it should be soon. Sofirn sent tracking numbers to me and to gchart for a LT1S Pro, so we can update the multi-channel features and generally finish the firmware. Once those arrive, the rest can probably be finished pretty quickly.

13 Thanks

Awesome news! :grin:

Very interested in 519A-Version, best case dedomed 2700k LED … thanks !

1 Thank

Just curious, why “dedomed” LEDs in a lantern. Are you just wanting to lower the CCT? Not for changing the beam…right?
It would seem the wider pattern with the dome on would be better for use in a lantern.

2 Thanks

Lowers the CCT to approximately 2300k and lowers the DUV so the beam is rosy.

3 Thanks

Dome on versus off actually has a relatively small effect on the emission angle from the LED. This can be seen in the XP-L datasheet, for example, comparing the spatial distribution graphs for the HD vs HI variants (page 15):

The main effect on beam angle of using a domeless LED is the way the smaller apparent emitting surface interacts with the reflector or other optic.

So in a diffused lantern, the beam battern is minimally affected. The change in CCT and tint are the main effects of interest, although there is a reduction in total output, since the dome helps extract the maximum amount of light from the emitter.

3 Thanks

Thanks for that. It sort of reinforces my thoughts on LEDs for the LT1S Pro.
For my purposes, anyway, I would prefer more output in the lantern over a couple of hundred points in CCT. Or marginally changed DUV. Obviously, that is just me though.

2 Thanks

Agreed, especially with the red, can just mix those LEDs in a bit for similar tint to dedomes with more total output.

Luckily the 519a is very easy to dedome, so hopefully this light will be also easy to disassemble for LED-dedoming.

The combination of a lower CCT and DUV means that at a 4000-3500k CCT it ends up way rosier, even more than the combination of 5000k+2700k adds to.

1 Thank

Thanks for the info and for your work!

Hopefully the Pro has a dimmer low setting,
the original is much too bright.

2 Thanks

I haven’t used a LT1S yet, but I generally set the bottom of the ramp as low as the hardware can go. I don’t know how low that will be on LT1S Pro, but on the original LT1 it was about 1 lumen. On most other lights, the bottom is usually 0.3 lm or less. Depends on the hardware though.

1 Thank

Interested

The LT1S Pro arrived today, so I forked the code and started working on it.

I s##t you not, this was actually the easiest way to get at those flashing pads, deep inside the lantern.

Here’s a closer view of my “flashing kit”.

10 Thanks