groupbuy: nitecore TM16GT available again

sure… :wink:

it needed the heatgun and lot of force….

look in my TN16 review :wink:

OK, I want one. More is better.

I got mine today, I ordered 4 3400mAh NCR18650’s (unprotected) as well and they got here two days earlier.
I charged them with a new Nitecore D4 charger, took about 4.5 hours to get to 4.20 Volts (at least that’s what the charger is telling me).
Everything on the flashlight looks and feels normal, but it simply doesn’t turn on while the batteries seem to be fully charged!
Does anyone know what’s going on here? No contact? Should I send it back?

I just realized I didn’t see the blue indicator when I put the batteries in. Does this mean the batteries are not okay?

Does your batteries have button tops?

No they don’t :~ Right…

Then that’s problem.

I would recommend these that you can get from the Netherlands.

They aren’t cheap, but at least they’ll arrive quickly.

Or if you feel comfortable using unprotected and don’t mind the wait you can get these. 30Q button top - new deal for Q8

I see (should have known). Thanks man!
I guess I’ll spend a bit more then.

Even though it sucks paying more than you have to you shouldn’t feel too bad. Either of the ones I linked should give you better performance on turbo :slight_smile:

Haha that is comforting :smiley:

I ordered some protected 18650GA’s for my tm16gt and so far they seem pretty good. Not to get off topic but……
Has anyone used Liion Wholesale? It looks like they are based in PA.
I ordered 4 Sanyo 18650ga 3500mah protected batteries from them for $8.77/ea. I received them in about 4 days. They were all at 3.69v when they arrived and charged to 4.2v. Shipping was around $5 (i’m in Michigan).
They are slightly LONGER than the 3400mah Olights/ Panasonics and are a VERY tight squeze in my tm11 due to the extra length. So much so that I didn’t feel comfortable twisting the battery tube tight enough to make the light function without a little flicker. But in the tm16gt they are great.
I’ve had them for a week and so far they seem legit. I was just curious if anyone has ordered from them since I don’t recall seeing any mention of them on the boards.

Sanyo 18650ga 3500mah:

If this GB is still active, could I please get a PM?

Mahalo

I have several button tops on the way for this light but for the time being I JB Kwik welded these magnets on top and they work great. With JB weld you definitely won’t have to worry about magents coming off but I’m not sure I’ll ever get them back off. Oh well :cowboy_hat_face:

Mine arrived yesterday and I’m not allowed it till the middle of Feb as it is a present to myself :bigsmile:

I managed to get it for a 60 second test against my original TK75 and all of these various photos online dont quite do it justice. At 200m down the road you could put the TK75 on a group of trees, put the TM16GT over the top and you’d forget the TK75 was even throwing.

Indoors it made me realise how much stuff was floating around in the air :~ The TK75 doesn’t do that.

I was getting worried thinking the TK75 was about as good as I was going to get but when I fired it up I smiled instantly. I only had some Panasonic 3400’s and some magnets to act as spacers but I’m fairly confident the test was as accurate as necessary.

Top work :smiley:

/\\ hah, this sounds great.

I’m interested. Please PM me the price. :slight_smile:

I take it the tk75 is stock? And is it the 3 led or 4 led?

Yes the TK75 is stock and it is the original 3 LED one. From all tests I’ve seen the 3 and 4 LED have pretty much the same throw.

I was hoping to get some photos but I was allowed the light for a few moments to test it actually worked before the wife packed it away.

Newbie question as there is a lot of knowledge on these forums. Received my light yesterday and it has bubbles on the reflector. Will this effect the output of the light and is it something I should worry about?

!!

Hi Raider, I believe the reflector is plastic? Air could have been introduced in the forming process. It’s not great from a QC point of view but with imperfections that small I doubt you’ll notice anything adverse at all. I’d be concerned if there was warping which would affect the beam profile.

Size of the defect versus the total usefull reflector surface area seems small, + the 4 blended beams, should be completly unnoticeable.

I should have my TM16GT any day now, i’ll measure the throw asap.