Guess s1mp13m4n's Anonymous Friend and Win an Ultrafire UF-T50

Please see rule #7. I might have already voted for someone else to throw you off, or I might do it later, or not at all. :)

Please see rules #3 & #4.

I am guessing ChicagoX

You are not going to believe this, but I used a little of my geek training from back in my computer days and college training. It turns out that my wife noticed something.....the person who sent me the lights in the first place had used clear packing tape on the box. Well guess what my wife found? A nice pretty finger print in the tape. This gave me an idea. I cleaned the glass on the all in one scanner so it was spotless. I then scanned the finger print. It came out very nice using the highest resolution on the scanner. I then did a free background check and the finger print did show the person had a criminal record on file. Now I did not pay money to get all the details, but I did find out the persons name and general are of residence. The name was listed as Angelica Louge. If what I found was correct....then my gift giver is a woman. Somehow, I just do not put much faith in that search. Oh well.....that is what I did anywho.

I guess ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

I thought about that. But the Admin has never been anything but fair and upstanding, near as I can tell he's a boy scout. None of us have any reason to believe he would cheat to win a contest. Shadow would know this too. Therefore, there is no reason to exclude the Admin because I think we would all trust that he would abide by the honor system for the duration of the contest. So the only reason the Admin can't win is because he is the Shadow.

And now we have simpleman do some psyops down in post # 29 just to throw us off the sent. Don't get caught up in the smoke and mirrors. Just follow the bread crumbs... all the clues we need are right here!

Thank God I don't solve real mysteries, nothing would ever get solved.

later edit: I was just at this thread and I realized there is a member here named Shadowww. I'm not changing my original guess, but how funny will it be if Shadowww just dropped two "w" and is playing us for chuckleheads?

Since these giveaways are all about the fun, I think it would be fun to hear about the logic of our guesses. Anybody else want to explain why the picked who the picked?

Actually it's because he can match up IPs. Not that he'd do that to take a flashlight away from a BLF member but someone brought him up so I amended the rules.

You are correct, Sir :)

No, I totally get that, but who among us wouldn't trust the Admin not to peak for the duration of the contest? I have no idea about the behind the scenes workings of a forum, but I imagine IP address aren't visible all the time.

I still think you and Admin are the same and now you are just messing with me to throw me off the scent. Totally not going to work! :glasses:

later edit: BTW, I think you/Admin should join some of the giveaways; obviously not this one, of course. You are not taking anything away from any of us. You/Admin deserve a gift now and again for all that you've given us.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. But what I need to know is, is that your final vote? Because you've also said EDC.

If the admin....aka "The Shadow" can enter their own contest to maybe win their own flashlight.....then why can't I enter to? LOL I mean it isn't like I was just sent a bunch of lights or anything. LOL. Besides....who says that whoever sent me those lights could not be hiding behind a VPN....or doing all this from a public library so as to not be able to trace them in the first place? :) It is just a thought.

No I didn't. Mr. Admin has always been my choice. From post 16, "So I'll venture to say it is our beloved Admin".

Sorry for any confusion about that. I could/should have been more clear.

This is the best contest we've had here 8)

Neat idea

No, my bad. Your vote is noted :)

1. Check

2. I vote TheShadow . . it had to be original to be registered. If you had said previous (or regular as below), I would probably guess ChicagoX just because of the donation thread.

3. Nice!

4. That's gone.

5. Hmm . . like Cone's logic, but it's circular and this is direct. :)

6. One guess is enough for me!

7. There - regular username and original username are different . .

Is that your final answer? Because to me (and for the purposes of this contest), my original username is the one I first joined BLF with. So if you want to stick with this, your only chance is if rule #4 kicks in. :)

Yes, because by that change or addition to the written rules then my backup guess was in that answer to provide for such action. If your last sentence is true because my backup answer was wrong and nobody has guessed correctly yet, I hope there is a consolation prize for getting it right before the rules changed! :)

Sir Foy!

And I thought I had way too much time on my hands. LOL! No good deed goes unpunished Shadow. You are going to have a rough week with all the wild speculation and crazy conspiracy theories.

And just for the record, I don't really think that "no good deed goes unpunished". I just imagine Shadow/Admin sitting at the BLF world headquarters with his head in his hands wondering, "Why did I open that can of worms?" and "How could cone have guessed it?"

No, you're trying to twist my rules into something that they're not. And you're ignoring my clarifications on top of it. You're disqualified.

Ouch!