Guns you regret buying

Glock 19. I Had four that I couldn’t get to eject reliably . I don’t have a problem with the 26 that has the dual recoil spring.

I had one of these, w/ the dot sight but w/o scope. (springfield armory m6 scout, stainless, .22 hornet/.410 shotgun)

worst “trigger” pull of anything I’ve owned, which made the rifle basically useless.

it was a bad idea to buy, but even worse idea to buy it in centerfire instead of rimfire

You can say that the High Power is inspired by the 1911. You can also say that it isn’t. You have to remember that the 1911 came before the HP and that John M Browning was coming off of the success of the 1911 and needed to design another home run. The HP was probably an evolution of the 1911 mechanicals.

Any gun these days that locks the barrel to the slide then drops away (Sig-Sauer, Glock, H&K USP and its variants, to name a few) can trace their lock design to the 1911 since the newer versions are an evolution of the link design JM Browning introduced over a century ago. Likewise, the Beretta and Taurus designs are based on the locking mechanism that was used in the Walther P38. The Walther P5 is a modernized P38, BTW.

Daewoo DP-51! i would never drive a daewoo so i wonder why i ever purchased that POS. trigger spring jumps all the time. i had to macgyver a little aluminum bushing so i wouldn’t. then it had that useless gimmicky “fast action” hammer system. junk!

also had 2 taurus revolvers. they went bang but shaved/spit lead. cylinder alignment wasn’t too good. junk!

There you go PCC. You put it much better than me. You got the jist. I do find heritage of design and similarities interesting.

Very surprised to see the Glock 19 mentioned. Hmmm

Good call on RIA. Need to look into those! Thanks fellas.

Regret Buying

Ruger Mini 14 - Great gun, but I should have gone straight to the AR-15

Run-of-the-mill AR-15 - Wasn't bad, but I realized it's very easy to build one exactly the way you want it

Ruger SR40 - Shot fine, but hurt my hand and I could *not* get rid of the grit in the trigger

Regret Selling

CZ P-01 - Damn sexy, but the trigger killed my finger. Should have kept it and replaced the trigger.

Best Purchase

Tristar C-100 9mm - CZ75 Compact clone (well, w/ alloy frame instead of steel), inexpensive, accurate, and reliable

i think one of my best buys is a ruger mkI with factory muzzle break… pretty rare, and im not really sure what its worth. brought it to two dealers and they both told me it was aftermarket and one said it was a counterfeit. one of them said they wanted nothing to do with it, wouldnt make an offer.

I didn't read thru every response but the truth is i never really regretted not one firearm purchase. Some better than others but even a bad rifle or gun is a good one...Assuming it fires in the direction i aim it with some accuracy.. I regret not buying a couple of dozen LWRC CNC uppers and lowers when i had 40% opportunity...Got a few good ones!!

Everything made after that is pretty much crap in comparison. I know of one that went 200K rounds before rebuild. :open_mouth:

My favorite rig too. :bigsmile:

You are wrong.

Read Here to further educate yourself on the topic.

I regret buying my Glock 36. I had thoroughly convinced myself that it would carry significantly better than a Glock 30 based on thickness and the weight of the 4 extra rounds. Not true, it was me just being a naive gram wienie.

I also have pretty large hands and have come to find out that the 36, while being comfortable to hold considering it’s a single stack 45, just doesn’t quite fill my hand like I wish it did.

Didn’t think I ever wanted a pistol with an accessory rail, so I considered that a plus for the 36 over the 30. Now flashlights have ruined that…….

Long story short, 36 is a great gun, just wish I would have bought a 30 instead.

i liked my glock 23 so much i decided to get a 27 for cc. it really is a brick with a kick, not that much smaller than the 23 which can be cc’d no problem in a pinch. really like the 23, reliable, accurate. just picked up a walther pps 40 which carries really well but do not have enough rounds thru it yet to have a final opinion. beside my bed within close reach i have my benelli super 90 m1 auto loader 12G and a customized, magnaported S&W mod 629 Backpacker special. both of the last two are tried and true over the years, pull the trigger and they go bang every time.

ken

Maybe I should have just said none are copies and left the inspired part out. You could also say the Ford GT was inspired by the Ford Model T. Both have round wheels, both have a gasoline powered engine, both have seats, both have a steering wheel, etc… They are alike in a lot of ways and very different in a lot of other ways.

I have a RIA full sized nickel plated model and I love it. I was looking for that specific finish and that was really the only option in a reasonable price range, especially new. It has “stove piped” on me twice since broken in, but damn it shoots smooth. I’ve shot other 1911’s but not enough to get a feel for what a “good one” is. I cant tell you its the greatest 1911 ever, but I am very happy with it for less than 450 put the door. I have 4-5 Wilson Combat mags for it and I’ve never had an issue in that regard. It did take a few times to learn the breakdown procedure, but I mastered it pretty quick.

I am also surprised to see of multiple malfunctioning Glock 19’s. If I had to get rid of all guns but one, I would keep the 19 hands down. I dont plan to live a day on this earth without my Glock 19 and 21.

I regret buying a PF9. It was really a handful and I did not enjoy shooting it. It functioned properly and all, I just didn’t love it. I sold it to a buddy recently to make room for an XD-s I still don’t have.

I see someone mentioned Tri-star, I have a Tristar semi auto 12ga w/ minimum barrell and it has been amazing. It holds 5+1 * 2 3/4 shells and will empty them all in a heartbeat. I keep 4+1 * 3in BB for home defense. I bought it brand new at a gun shop on close out for $159 on a whim. I’ve shot trap with it and it does ok if you can get a shot off right out of the gate :wink:

if youre looking for something different try getting a hold of a walther PPQ. AMAZING out of the box. only thing it needs is metal nightsights or fiberoptics. it comes with sturdy plastic white dots but i much prefer metal sights with some type of visual aide. if you can find a “first edition” model then its perfect out of the box with tritium sights and a threaded barrel.

it will outshoot a glock 19/23 all day. barrel,ergos, and trigger are all better. its a single action, with 100% precocked striker. the pull is smooth,light and perfect because the trigger isnt doing the job of a double action. the break is crisp and clean and the reset is literally only 0.1”

only other pistol i really lust over is the h&k p30L but the trigger is crap and trigger jobs on that gun run about $250 for a complete professional job and the gun itself is about a grand. you can get a walther for under 600

Paid $165 for one of these with 10 spare mags included, and paid $70 for 1200 surplus rounds.

400 or so rounds later it has yet to jam FTF stovepipe or not go boom. Shoots nice and flat with a 1911 flair.

EDIT: it has no safety

anyone got access to the latest blue book of guns by chance?

Bersa thunder plus 380. Big POS.

i’ve got the 380cc version. pretty good! what’s wrong with yours? i’ve never met anyone disappointed with their bersa

Wife had just gotten her CCW and wanted a .22 Our instructor had said that a triple tap with a .22 isn’t a bad way to stop a bad guy. Well, that may be true, but looking back, the Ruger is just too unwieldy. Since she would purse carry we didn’t think the size would be too much of an issue, but now I think the size and weight is. She doesn’t carry it.