Guns you regret buying

I have not regretted buy any gun I have purchased. I do regret selling the following;

SPAS 12

HK-91

That Canik C100 imported by Tristar is a great clone. I’ve come across them a few times while researching the Sar B6. The C100 looks very nice. Here is something I found on czfirearms forum:

How is the factory service and parts availablity? Do any parts swap with CZ?

That’s the achilles heel of this pistol. The importer that I bought both of mine from no longer imports them. Tristar imports them now, but I honestly don’t know who they are. Century imports some other Canik pistols, but their support is below par. I know that the C100 slide won’t interchange on the CZ75 Compact frame and the other way around. It appears to me like the Caniks are actually more closely related to the Tanfoglio (EAA Witness in the US) than CZ’s. As for magazines, I could get full sized CZ75 magazines to work, but the CZ75 Compact magazines would pop out. However, I did read that the CZ75 Compact magazines worked for someone else, so it’s worth a try. In spite of the lacking factory support, I’d still buy both of mine again. The compact with an aluminum frame is just too nice to pass on.

BTW, if you want a CZ75 Compact clone, but want better factory support, and are willing to have one with the slightly wider plastic frame, you might consider a SAR B6. They’re imported by EAA and are light too. Here’s my review of the SAR B6 if you’re interested. EAA SAR B6

Lol that’s awesome man. Counterfeit haha. Still got it? Any pics?

200k? Dayum. That’s pretty impressive.

I hate you. Those are two of my all time favs that I will never be able to afford. So jealous!

If you tell me next that you sold a Porsche 911 GT3RS and a Lotus Exige I might cry like a girl.
:stuck_out_tongue:

There actually aren’t many I regret buying - even the duds taught me something. On the other hand, if you started a thread on the guns I regret selling, I’d be writing a very long time. :cry:

i do and its not counterfeit. but i brought my mkII 22/45 hunter in to try to sell to them, and he offered $300 off the bat. i said i got to have atleast $350. he said he cant do it, and asked the owner over to look and he told the guy he already offered too much. i asked what it said in his book what it was worth, and he said the book doesnt say what they are worth and just what he can buy them for. and i said well its a discontinued model, they only made it 5 years and this is a first year production, and they were retail $550 before discontinued. he said, no, they are not discontinued… i said, well thats funny, ruger says different, you must be buying your mkIIIs from a different manufacturer. he said no its right here… wait a min thats the wrong model number.
he continued to look for a couple mins, set the book down and just starred at me. i said so, couldnt find it in the catalog huh? he says no. so i said going to look it up in your blue book yet. he told me that was the only book he had. then went on to tell me that the 22/45 is a composite frame gun not steel like most others… and i said yeah, i know… said well guess if you cant bother to look it up in your blue book, then we aint doing business. he said guess not. as i was walking off i heard the owner ask the guy if he found it in the book, and he said no… they said some other stuff too, didnt hear what. they are fn idiots talking down on me like i dont know anything about my guns when they dont know shit about 2 different ruger mk pistols

/rant… sorry

No I got ya. I’m sure its legit. Funny that was their reaction.
“Well… I’ve never seen that… so it must be fake!” Wtf

if you scroll down to just before half way there is a pic of one just like the one i have.
if anyone is interested in more pics i can take some later on

Do you notice any real benefit from it?

Jaynick - looked up the PPQ…. that trigger and striker design does sound kind of interesting. Not much of a looker but sounds like it shoots quite nice.

I read that it was inelligible for german police use because of too short trigger pull on the first shot and too short reset. It was promoted for military use instead of police.

Nope!

I never minded acquiring a bullet unloader, only selling them. I have totally regretted each and every personal gun I’ve sold. Retail sales make me happy.

Thanks for asking.

FWIW, if you’re looking for guns to avoid buying, I look at it this way: “I want a gun to ”do X” (kill varmints, defend my home, poke holes I can’t see from the next county, whatever), so what’s the best gun for that?” Then I only use that gun (treating it like its my only one) until it’s “grooved in” and muscle memory “knows” it. That works for me.

to be honest, that is the only gun i have ever bought and not shot… kind of ashamed to say that. but i also had my mkIII 22/45 hunter, that is a great shooter

its just something about being so rare i guess. online ive found that the ones with the muzzle break adds a $100 premium to the value of the mkI

later today ill get a pic of my mk’s and a few more pics of the mkI. too bad i wasnt at my dads, id throw his slab side mkII target in the bunch for a 3 gen pic

When I bought them they were cheap. I bought the spas for $300 and sold it for $1500, but it is worth more now I believe. I cant remember what I bought the HK for but not to much more. I may not have either of those cars but I did total a Porsche 944 turbo once long ago. LOL.

Lmao classic :bigsmile:

Pulsar - yeah throw up some pics if you want. That little ruger is pretty cool.

Anyone have anything to say about the Ruger SR series? (SR9, SR40) They look decent but reviews are kinda mixed. Some love em others not so much.

Glock 21 - I bought a first gen years ago, hated it from the beginning. Growing up shooting a 70 series Gold Cup since the age of 8, I found the Glock 21 to be unwieldy, the trigger to be horrible, the grip angle totally wrong, and the balance atrocious. I sold it years later after 1000 or so rounds through it, including a trip to the woods where I got a chance to shoot one back to back against a SA XD-45 compact - The next day I bought an XD - I’ve never looked back - a superior firearm in every way.

A Kel-Tec PF9 - I’m a Kel-Tec fan, as I believe that their weapons are a great value and their designs are definitely
groundbreaking - that being said, I never enjoyed shooting the PF-9 - while the slimness of the design lent itself well
to concealed carry, the trigger left a lot to be desired and my XXL hands had a hard time getting any purchase on the grip
for accurate rapid fire. I traded it to a famous custom knife maker for a piece that I had been lusting over for years but could
never find one on the open market - AND he made it to my specs… Much happier with the knife…

Iver Johnson in .38 S&W (forgot model number) - Belonged to the grandfather of a friend who needed a cash loan. I lent him $70 for it and a year later he traded me his grandfather’s mint 1953 28” bbl 12ga Wingmaster for it since the IJ had sentimental value. After selling off the original furniture and bits, I added a +5 mag extension, Shurshot thumbhole stock, Wolff mag spring, Vang Comp follower, and MOE forearm and ended up with an AWESOME 10+1 MINT ultra-light 870 Wingmaster for under $100 - so… I guess I don’t really regret picking up the Saturday night special after all.

The thing I didn’t like about mine was the lightweight firing pin. I know it’s a safety feature, but it makes for light primer hits. If you use ammo with hard primers it makes for some misfires . I love my 32 though.

Ended up ordering a Sig P250 in 45, 10+1 fullsize, 4.7” bbl, for $400 shipped. Best deal I could find for a good new 10+1 45. Eager to try it out. Better get here soon! :slight_smile: