GYRFALCON S8000, S4000 Pro Battery Charger & Analyzer

I wonder how the S8000 stacks up next to the Vapcell S4 Plus. :thinking:

S4 is a good charger, but Gyrfalcon S8000 is similar to MC3000, It can charge the cell to any voltage(<5V) at any current(<2A).

2 Thanks

It looks like the S8000 has a lot of advanced features like the MC3000. It’ll be interesting see if it’s better! (not that I have the MC3000)

hopefully this gyrfalcon series of chargers can compete favorably in terms of price and better in terms of performance

upon reading all the BLF likes about the vapcell S4+, I got 2 units of their V3.0 from vapcell and wurkkos stores on AliX

both terminate 4.20v on each charger, but my fluke and hioki multimeters show 4.217-4.218v consistently, no matter the slot

and the discharge shows 2.65v, measured with MM shows ~2.723v. datasheet shows 2.50v…cap test of course underestimate true cell capacity

feedback to vapcell dennis and he told me to get a more “professional” charger

pricewise? for each model?

frankly I am considering the zketech A20 next, but will wait for reviews about these new gyrfalcon models

I love all that information at a glance!

Still need to know the price and exact measurement of the RI.

Still need to know the price and exact measurement of the RI.

Gyrfalcon S8000 and S4000 Pro cannot fully guarantee the testing accuracy of IR, but it can still serve as an important reference. The accuracy of charging current, voltage, discharge current, and capacity is very high.

The price has not been finalized yet. We will comprehensively consider the opinions and suggestions of dealers and users.

3 Thanks

Very interesting chargers, hope it will come soon :+1:

Are these fans always on during discharge?

I have some chargers which can do 4x 1A discharge with NiMH without fan, should be possible with this charger size

My chargers with fan (Opus BT-C3100, ISDT C4 EVO) are both annoying at discharging.

And an important things: Is the discharging use a linear current or does it use impulse currents? After testing the Powerex MH-C9000 which use pulse I think this kind of discharge is unrealistic, I don´t discharge an AA with 5 or 10A impulses to get an average of 1A

An optional 4.1V LiIon program would be a nice feature. Between 4.1V and 4.2V there is not much more energy stored, but battery lifetime will be much better if you limit charging to 4.1V.

frankly I am considering the zketech A20 next, but will wait for reviews about these new gyrfalcon models

Welcome to follow our latest series of chargers. :grinning:

1 Thank

Very interesting chargers, hope it will come soon :+1:

Yes, Gyrfalcon S8000 and S4000 Pro have been released and have also started reviews.

Are these fans always on during discharge?
I have some chargers which can do 4x 1A discharge with NiMH without fan

During the discharge phase, the fan will operate. 4x 1A discharge with NiMH, the fan speed is less than half of the maximum speed,the noise is relatively low. In the future, we can adjust the fan speed based on user feedback.

And an important things: Is the discharging use a linear current or does it use impulse currents?

Gyrfalcon S8000 and S4000 Pro discharge with linear current, stable and accurate.

3 Thanks

An optional 4.1V LiIon program would be a nice feature. Between 4.1V and 4.2V there is not much more energy stored, but battery lifetime will be much better if you limit charging to 4.1V.

Yes, Gyrfalcon S8000 can charge the cell to any voltage(<5V) at any current(<=2A). S4000 Pro can charge the cell to any voltage(<5V) at any current(<=1A).

4 Thanks

Very good news for me, Thank you

Hard for me to say what is “relatively low”. The fan of the ISDT C4 EVO operates only if necessary, starting at 50° Celsius charger-temperature (Temp of the load resistances?)

Depending on the bearing of the fan it can slo cause noises if the speed is very low. I hope you´re using fluid bearing fans?

It sounds it which allows many steps or stepless adjustment of the fan speed?

I hope you´re using fluid bearing fans?

Gyrfalcon S8000 and S4000 Pro have chosen two 3010 fluid bearing low noise fan, but I am not sure if it is of the same type as what you are talking about.

It sounds it which allows many steps or stepless adjustment of the fan speed?

10 steps.

3 Thanks

Yes, I think we talking about the same. Normal sleeve bearing have no good longevity, ball bearings are noisy at low rpm.

10 steps Sounds good :slight_smile:

1 Thank

Charging and discarging-currents are the same for all chemistries? I´m asking because many of my chargers can charge NiMH only max. 1A while charging LiIon with 2A or 3A.

And my Keeppower L4 can discharge NiMH with 4x 1A and LiIon with 4x 0,4A

So NiMH have 1/3 of the voltage of LiIon, so the fans can use much lower rpm on NoMH-discharging

Good, I don´t know what my LiitoKala Li-600 exactly do on discharging but it´s weird than discharge NiMH with 0,75A leads to big voltage drop (sounds similar with old Powerex MH-C9000) and capacities of 500mA while my Powerex MH-C9000 Pro can discharge with 1A and shows capacities of >2Ah with the same cells.

Charging and discarging-currents are the same for all chemistries?

Yes, and the 4 slots work completely independently.

so the fans can use much lower rpm on NoMH-discharging

Yes, the fan speed is adjusted based on the total discharge power. 4x 1A discharge with NiMH, the fan speed is less than half of the maximum speed.

If accuracy in capacity is desired, the current must be precise and stable.

4 Thanks

Big Thank you for answering the questions so fast :slight_smile:

One of these 2 chargers will be on my “Most wanted”-list, not sure which one

One of these 2 chargers will be on my “Most wanted”-list

It will exceed your expectations.

2 Thanks

Question: Is it similar to the MC3000 or is it a modified MC3000 :innocent:

Jep, I know I´m annoying :grin:

BTW, I miss photos from the bottom and the top

Question: Is it similar to the MC3000 or is it a modified MC3

Just indicating that it is on the same level as the MC3. However, this is a brand-new charger equipped with completely new and unique software and hardware.

1 Thank