GYRFALCON S8000, S4000 Pro Battery Charger & Analyzer

So no rebranding of older or slightly modified MC3000 hardware? And completely new design for PCB and firmware?

So itĀ“s Designed/created/developed by Enova?

So itĀ“s Designed/created/developed by Enova?

Yes.

2 Thanks

So no rebranding of older or slightly modified MC3000 hardware?

Yes, The hardware is brand new.

And completely new design for PCB and firmware?

Yes, completely new design for PCB and firmware.

3 Thanks

Thank you, cool! Only one thing I donā€™t like is the max 1 Amp discharge current (because also the Vapcell S4+ is able to discharge with 1 A), but if the charging is good for all the chemistries it could be a good charger for me!

I donĀ“t have the MC3000 but my two other Skyrcs are not so good in charging (problematic) cells while the Gyrfalcon All-44/88 seem to be very good NiMH-chargers. So I hope the S4000/S8000 will be also good in this part.

Charging NiMH is a bigger challenge than charging LiIon IMHO

Only one thing I donā€™t like is the max 1 Amp discharge current (because also the Vapcell S4+ is able to discharge with 1 A)

After fully charging four lithium-ion batteries, discharging 1A simultaneously in a confined space generates a significant amount of heat. Without a fan, it is not feasible. For the GYRFALCON S8000 and S4000 Pro, we have meticulously designed the air inlet and outlet, the fanā€™s placement, and the shape of the heat sink to enhance heat dissipation.

1 Thank

Yeah, but a solution that only in two or one slot can discharged with 2 A simultaneosly and otherwise with 1 A for all 4 slot would be okayā€¦ but now the design of the charger is finishedā€¦ for the future maybe :slight_smile:

How loud is the fan btw (dBA)?

How loud is the fan btw (dBA)?

The noise data provided by the fan manufacturer is 24 dBA.

2 Thanks

The fan does only turn on if discharge is activated, if so, in all currents or only at highest (1 Amp)?

Charging NiMH is a bigger challenge than charging LiIon IMHO

Yes, We have redesigned the charging algorithm for NiMH batteries,

1 Thank

The fan does only turn on if discharge is activated, if so, in all currents or only at highest (1 Amp)?

Yes, only use two fans during dischargeļ¼Œand the fan speed is adjusted based on the total discharge power.

2 Thanks

Can you also tell the slot length? Not every protected 21700er have the same length

Can you also tell the slot length?

76.5mm

2 Thanks

Yeah, but a solution that only in two or one slot can discharged with 2 A simultaneosly and otherwise with 1 A for all 4 slot would be okayā€¦ but now the design of the charger is finishedā€¦ for the future maybe

4 slots discharge 2A simultaneously, and we need to carefully evaluate the heating and cooling. If feasible, perhaps we can consider developing a special version for BLF in the future.

I am the product manager of ENOVAā€™s new series of chargers, and we attach great importance to user feedback. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions.

3 Thanks

Thank you. You are awesome. We really appreciate you commenting here. I canā€™t wait for it to release. Iā€™m very curious about the price for the 8000.

Iā€™m very curious about the price for the 8000.

Welcome to follow our latest chargerļ¼ŒGyrfalcon S8000. :grinning: It will exceed your expectations.
The price has not been finalized yet. Could you tell us the price you would accept?

US$99?

US$129 with Bluetooth and smart phone integration? :thinking:

99$ is a good price.

A version with app could be at 149 $ or similar

US$99?

Itā€™s possible. :smile:

US$129 with Bluetooth and smart phone integration?

If itā€™s just a simple parameter setting, we have already done a lot of work in operation, and users can usually complete the setting quickly with 8 buttons.
Regarding Bluetooth and apps, we have a longer-term plan, and in the future, we will reach out to enthusiasts for their opinions and suggestions.

3 Thanks