GYRFALCON S8000, S4000 Pro Battery Charger & Analyzer

The SkyRC MC3000 costs 100€ with VAT, 85€ without, does the S8000 offer additional features to justify a higher price ?
The S8000 charges at 2A ? MC3000 3A
Discharges at 1A max, MC3000 2A(1 slot), 1A (4 slots)

2 Thanks

If the UI is easier to use I am willing to pay a little bit more. What was MSRP for MC3000?

Also the design of this S8000 is much, much better. The MC3000 looks absolutely ugly, imho.

I don’t know, but does it really matter ? It has been at that price from Nkon for a while, and they are also a Gyrfalcon distributor, if I buy such charger it’ll be from there and they’ll be directly competing.

Edit : 107 € incl VAT from Akuuteile

You can’t compare prices of a product which is some years on the market with the introduction price. The new product is always more expensive than older ones (exception for rare or important ones which are no longer available)

Introduction price of MC3000 was around 130 $ at release.

You don’t think that a consumer shopping for a charger will chose the less expensive one between two chargers offering the same features ? Regardless if one is new and the other one realeased some years prior ? (they may not even know about it).

1 Thank

You don’t think that a consumer shopping for a charger will chose the less expensive one between two chargers offering the same features ? Regardless if one is new and the other one realeased some years prior ? (they may not even know about it).

Yes, we will also consider the prices of our competitors. However, we will provide users with some unique value for them to choose from.

4 Thanks

If the UI is easier to use I am willing to pay a little bit more.

The Enova Gyrfalcon S8000 has two UI modes, NORMAL and PROFESSIONAL.

Both professional mode and normal modecan be conveniently programmed through QUICK operation, COPY operations, and RESET DEFAULT PROGRAMS operation.

The normal mode is designed to reduce the number of user buttons and simplify operations. In normal mode, the 0-9 programs set in the professional mode can be accessed (cannot be modified) through shortcut operations , or the default program can be directly enabled(cannot be modified) . If there is a need to set up a temporary program separately, even for the cycle, which has the most parameters, it only requires 5 steps to complete.

2 Thanks

Looking forward to seeing this in the wild.

Any chance of making the slider lever tall enough to be grabbed with a finger so a battery can easily be released without having to pry it out from between other full slots?

Seems like I often damage the wrapper if I’m not carefull.
Good luck with this!
All the Best,
Jeff

It would be nice to have fanless operation below a certain discharge power or temperature, several chargers on the markets can discharge at 4x500mA fanless.

It sounds like this will, at best, be a competitor to MC3000 that costs more? If not actually an inferior product by comparison.

The UI improvement would have to be pretty compelling…

It sounds like this will, at best, be a competitor to MC3000 that costs more? If not actually an inferior product by comparison.

Welcome to follow our latest charger, :smile:. I believe Gyrfalcon S8000 and S4000 Pro can exceed your expectations in many aspects. They are safe and reliable professional equipment with good technical support.

How can you say this if its a new charger that no one own yet.

1 Thank

I feel that $100 would be an ok price based on what we’ve heard about it so far.

$60-$80 will have them selling much faster though of course.

The teardown will prove everything. If its a thin piece of metal instead with a DSP chip, it will all come out with a teardow. Specs will mean nothing at that point.

1 Thank

enova18650 explicitly stated:

“Yes, The hardware is brand new.”
“Yes, completely new design for PCB and firmware.”

Who are you to allege they are lying?

1 Thank

Not sure if you read or understood what I said. Let me repeat it for you.

The teardown will show whats inside and if its worth the price or if its worthless garbage.

Not sure if you don’t understand that

and

pretty much comes across as “I do not believe what you are telling us”. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
That’s pretty rude in my book.

Yes, the teardown will show us but how about just giving someone the benefit of the doubt?

1 Thank

The teardown will show whats inside and if its worth the price or if its worthless garbage.

As a user, I am an enthusiast for chargers and flashlights, and I genuinely love our new series of chargers.

As a designer, we also adhere to the principle of putting users first in our design. I am aware of the uniqueness of our new charger, and the review has already been initiated. Soon, we will witness fair and objective evaluations from the reviewers.

4 Thanks

Thank you, that is a very fair statement. Looking forward to it.

1 Thank

Any chance of making the slider lever tall enough to be grabbed with a finger so a battery can easily be released without having to pry it out from between other full slots?

Hi Jeff,
I got it.
The slot width is 27mm, providing moderate thrust. Two fingers can easily grip the batteries, making it relatively easy to remove them.
Regarding the slider (the positive and negative poles), adjustments will be made based on user feedback after usage.
Regards.
Enova Team

1 Thank