HaikeLite MT09R Group buy Feeler(First Beam Shots)12-29-2017

In for a XHP70.2!

Interested in a XHP70.2 depending on price.

interested depending on price.

Interested depending on price…

Green xhp35 neutral

interested.

Interested in NW.

Wow, 15k lumen and 650m throw. That’s gonna be a pretty big hot spot. You could light up a football field or building side with that.

I’m interested in the 70.2 version.

What can you tell us about the ramping?

It would also be nice to know if it can be reflashed to NarsilM.

Interested depending on price.

I always wanted a multi emitter XHP35 flashlight, so I am very interested :

XHP35 NW high CRI, if that’s not possible a bare MCPCB would be a nice option so I can re-flow the emitters myself. Don’t know what color yet.

Thanks for doing this :+1:

Interested

Interested

I’ve been thinking about some engineering details of MT09R vs. BLF Q8.
In particular - reflector choice. Deep triple vs. shallow quad. Please note that I abstract away the difference in size and emitters. They are crucial for comparing the actual lights.

Deep = narrow spill, wide beam
Shallow = wide spill, narrow beam
Clearly, deeper is a better choice for a thrower

Though at the same depth:
quad = narrow spill, wide beam
triple = wide spill, narrow beam
this means that a triple should be a little deeper to maintain beam profile. This one is much deeper.

Quad fills the head better. There is less non-reflecting area on the sides of the head. This means that with the same surface luminosity, it will throw better. But not much better.
With the same surface luminosity, quad will have:

• ~30% larger hotspot
  • ~33% higher power consumption
  • maybe a few % better throw

But we’re talking about FET based lights. Quad will not reach the same surface luminosity. In practice, throw will be lower and power consumption higher. Lumens will be higher though.

Taking thermals into account, quad will sustain more lumens, but fewer candelas.

So overall, with XHP35 this may be a nice flower (a cross between a flooder and thrower).
With XHP70.2 it will definitely be a mega flooder (nice or not). I feel a quad would be better though.

On a separate topic, I wonder if HaikeLite uses voltage regulators capable of 12V with XHP35 or is it pure unregulated FET?..

Interested

The ramping operation is narsilM-like. Press&hold ramping up , press&hold again ramping down

Merry Xmas to all

:+1: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Merry Xmas to you too.

Interested in XHP35 HI so long as they are neutral white.

Interested

Interested

Interested in 70.2 depending on price