Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

Please notice the pun: bambooz-led.

Haha that was clever and sly good job

Please leave it up, as an Asian American, I am deeply offended by those words and I think people should know that Terry used such language in his post.

Someone commented about that on Facebook, and a reply was given. I’m personally not a big fan of the reply either… Sensitive nature… OK then…

I agree 100 % using PayPal, its the only way I buy everything online. I’m new here and to flashlights like these. I did not know better at first, I was trying to figure out where to buy batteries, so I mistakenly purchased some on Ebay that advertised they were Authentic. Fortunately I had just purchased a decent charger/tester and tested them. They were bad and sent them back for a refund. Afterwards learning from you guys at BLF what to buy and where has saved me much grief. So It’s painful to see all this, but lessons will be learned and better days in front will come. :beer:

This does not happen here. It is a very very rare situation.
Normally members here are not cut throat, normally everyone is helpful.
These two Haiklite group buys are the exception. Normally things are smooth.
Look at the q8 group buy thread,

That’s not exactly true. PayPal can rule in your favor, but if the seller has drained the account there is nothing to refund. Happened to me and it was for a whole lot more than $32.

What? This is 100% not true. The balance of the seller’s account is not relevant.

WOW! That just makes it worse. “I’m sorry if I hurt your sensitive nature…” WTF?
That certainly is not an apology. I like how you referred to it just as a “reply” because that’s all it was.

It’s basically saying, “I’ll take it down because I know I look bad, but it’s your own fault if my racist statement offended you.”

I’m leaving it.

Someone on Facebook questioned him about it and it is now edited, with an explanation.

I think it shows character and judgement.

I’m still speechless….

I simply want a refund for a product not delivered, none of his explanations, promises, and etc.
I want nothing more to do with him whatsoever, other than my refund.

^ Yeah. Although I can hear her say, but even Roseanne didn’t say that.

Unless they’ve changed policies, this was a reply I received from PayPal while trying to recover funds from a scammer in 2008.

Dear *,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller’s account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller’s account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Yep policies have changed in the last 10 years. Sorry you got screwed though.

Safe…. but that money though.

I used a now retired Pay-On-Delivery feature of Paypal. I think my money is safe. Here’s the statement I got from Paypal:

This is going to be my last post for this matter. I think Terry said he did make payment to HL for SC26 in the MT09R thread before admin closed the thread. Let say Terry is telling the truth then how come Terry made the remark about unless HL pays him first for the service fee before we get our refund. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Terry, you are HL US dealer so you are 100% responsible and don’t forget you took the money, not HL. I am sure your attorney will agree with that statement.

I love you all I will not leave the forum just hope there is a miracle happen that Terry finally wakes up and make things right.

Sorry to see you go sherman2k, but I think we all understand and can’t blame you. I hope to see you in another thread, maybe a Haikelite thread under much happier circumstances. :+1: :beer:

I always paypal BLF members with friends and family to save them some money so I don’t get any protection anyways and never had a problem. I still suggest people do the same when purchasing from reputable members here that you trust to help them out.

For these HL GBs though, fortunately I did paypal under Products. I gave Terry enough time to explain from his perspective but after reading all his explanations, it did nothing to show he wasn’t lying and intentionally misleading us. Therefore I just filed a paypal dispute a few minutes ago.

You are protected as long as your PP account is in good standing, and you paid via “goods and services”

After reading, Terry’s post of Dale’s email, it actually sounded like HL intended to pay TA. They probably didn’t want to pay upfront until at the end since that’s how Terry have been doing business with them so they think that is appropriate. HL did respond to my PM and also emailed me saying they will send me replacements so they don’t seem that dishonorable.

However, where I find HL at fault is, besides not having proper QC of their flashlights before releasing, is that they decide to keep us in the dark. From reading Dale’s post, his English proficiency appears adequate to monitor these forums and announce/respond to our concerns. When there’s a problem, they should be upfront and transparent instead of staying silent. Reputable folks like TA and Skylumen/Vinh would have no problem letting us know if they see a problem in their product. You need to be honest and open to your customers if you want to gain their trust.