Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

SKV89 well said. :+1:

Screw em all. Let’s make our own. BLF style.

Nice one Nick! :+1: :beer:

Let me clarify, I’m not harping on those who are trying to earn a profit. The examples you gave like TA, Clemence, Vinh, Lexel, etc., all have contributed to BLF their knowledge and expertise, as well as selling their services/goods to the forum. They are part of this community, and their services are greatly appreciated because without them, it would be difficult or next to impossible for some of us to get our hands on the services/goods they sell. I’m talking about those who will burn bridges as long as they are able to make a buck.

Commerce is an important part of forum life. Whether it be private or commercial transactions. I 100% agree with you that what is not cool are people like Terry or if you want to go back a few years Kuma Bear who leverage the inherent trust this community has to take advantage of members.

I agree with Vinte77, to quote: …“The examples you gave like TA, Clemence, Vinh, Lexel, etc., all have contributed to BLF their knowledge and expertise, as well as selling their services/goods to the forum. They are part of this community, and their services are greatly appreciated because without them, it would be difficult or next to impossible for some of us to get our hands on the services/goods they sell. I’m talking about those who will burn bridges as long as they are able to make a buck”. .

and for the benefit of the relatively new to BLF, this ‘disappearing act’: Remember this? (among the others I cannot recall atm)

Did the admin’s ever state what they require to ban Terry and his other “Haikelite US” account?

I would think that failing to provide 100 flashlights and refusing refunds would be the only rationale required. When you throw in his racist comment and failure to apologize, I would think it should have been automatic.

His comment was not on BLF.
And as much as I am not happy with Haiklite, they did not do this to us. Terry did.
After this all clears, I am sure Terry will have some sort of punishment. In the least his company is ruined.

While I suppose I can understand how his comments outside BLF can’t be applied, I would think that anyone defrauding 100 people would constitute a ban. But I’ll let the dust settle and let the admins do their thing.

BTW… The “Haikelite US” account is operated by Terry. I wasn’t suggesting banning Haikelite, but since “Haikelite US” is Terry, I would think that account would be treated identically to Terry’s other account.

Edit: I guess it’s actually “Haikelite USA Official”.

I see what your saying. I’m sure admin will do what ever the rules allow. Too bad Terry is using the Haiklite name.
To be honest terry probably won’t want to be a member after this. People are very upset with him.

There’s not really any point in rushing. The damage appears to have been done already, and banning his accounts won’t undo the damage or un-offend the people he insulted with the racial slur. (Incidentally, that remark by itself would have been enough to instantly ban his accounts if he had posted it directly here on BLF.) The only chance of him possibly making things right at least in a monetary sense is by leaving the doors of communication open, so I’d prefer to give him every reasonable opportunity to do the right thing for our affected members.

Of course, this grace period is not without limits, and I have already contacted Terry requesting him to respond to me by a specific (close) date. Depending on how that turns out I will proceed to evaluate the standing of his user accounts here.

I don’t really see a need to ban Terry maybe just the Hakelite US Official account. It really wasn’t THAT big of deal as he didn’t scam you of your house or life savings and none of us are homeless after this. Losing the trust of his entire customer base is already a pretty big punishment. This lesson will probably teach him to be a more reasonable and honest person and bring him success in his future endeavors.

I disagree with much of this statement but I will sleep on my specific remarks and decide if I want to post them later.

I will say I do not think knowledge of his deceit is necessarily all that wide spread so some measure should be taken to prevent him from conducting sales of any kind here. However I doubt he will be back, at least not under his current personal or business accounts.

I appreciate your optimistic take on this. Optimism is in short supply but it seems you’ve got a decent stash of it.

He lied, he’s not refunding (willingly) the money paid to him by his peers, and he’s never apologized or in any way taken responsibility for his actions. How exactly is he learning to be a more reasonable and honest person?

No Haiklite dealer.
No sales from this forum.
PayPal likely will close his account. If PayPal refunds they likely will not do that out of their own pocket. Their lawyers will get the last cent is my guess.

I just escalated the dispute to claim.

Why hasn’t he released an excuse yet?

Probably because doing so would mean he is wrong.

I’m not buying something from him every again.

I assume he refusing refunds because he is broke and has no money to do so. He doesn’t want to owe money to PayPal. They will collect.

I’m pretty sure Terry has no credibility on the Haikelite Facebook page either. Someone (well done Mario!) commented about TA sending Terry ~10 TA drivers, although Terry claims to have serviced 60 lights with TA driver, and presenting the bill to Haikelite.
Terry replied with noise, and Terry is no more a member of the Haikelite Facebook group.