Hank Light DT8 Troubleshooting

Hello,

My first hank light I bought is this DT8 with 519As in it. I havent used in a few weeks, so today it made it back into the rotation. However, when I try to turn it on, it seems to “reboot”.

I have tried with several batteries now, always the same result.

Screw unit together, RGB aux lights up and work as normal. Click to turn on (or 1H or 2C) and it just… turns off. Goes dark. Then it turns back on after a second or two, just aux only illuminated. I cant get it to do anything else.

Anyone have any idea what this may be? It was working perfectly fine the last time I used it. I use basically just high quality molicels or vapcells only, but this one has only lived with a molicel. Like I said, multiple battieries have the same issue (and they work fine in the other lights, more hanks included)

I’ve had a two different Emisar lights that turned up defective just a short while after receiving them and with almost no use. I think a chip on the driver ends up being a lemon or something. Both times, I provided Hank with a video showing the issue and he took care of it.

Here is the thread I made about the last one:

Just to discard the possibility, did you also try to factory reset it?

Screw the tailcap off slightly (to where the circuit disconnects), then hold down the button while screwing in the tailcap, the light will start ramping brightness and then go back to off to confirm the reset.

2 Thanks

Depends on a firmware, my 9.3 factory resets differently, it’s 13h.

There is both, 13H is there as a redundancy for tail-switch lights that connect power before the switch, like the Lumintop FW-series

Fantastic. I was not aware of this manner of resetting, only the 13H.

This worked perfectly! Light is back to life now. Thank you!

2 Thanks

I just got a new D4k from hank with RGB lighted switch and it doesn’t turn on and intensify with the light…like all my others do whats up wit dat

Is your battery low? Check that, and if it’s fine then email Hank.

4.15 i will email him thanks