Have I been had?

We will see, what we get if we get something.

Well, it is ebay's fault. They let the fraudulent listing go up in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

My money’s on the fake Columbia Carabiner light…… :smiley:

Too good to be true. Been there and done that. I am staying away from this one. It is clearly a scam. You can’t get something for nothing.

You’re too generous; they’ll leave off the carabiner. :smiley:

I posit that it's no more eBay's fault that someone would bid on a known fraudulent listing/item than it's Gmail's fault that people get scammed by "Nigerian Princes."

Whose fault is it that the "Rolex" someone buys from the guy-in-a-trenchcoat for $30 turns out to be fake?

The seller of this item has behaved up to this point. eBay cannot be prescient, like some kind of auction-site Minority Report agent. The cost of administering these obvious frauds gets passed down to all of the customers, courtesy of those who would willingly participate.

Being uninformed or a novice is one thing; a "savvy" buyer expecting a $200+ torch for $27 something else entirely.

From ebay: “This listing (190782645026) has been removed, or this item is not available.” Ebay issued a security warning by emailed as well.

Item 300847664533 is still active, but Im sure this one will also be taken down soon enough.

I disagree, Gmail does not promise to protect you in case there is a bad email; ebay promises to protect you in case of a bad experience with a seller. While this one is certainly a scam, for example an Ebay HID for the 50 dollars I paid is a great price but not completely impossible.

Wow. What a long-lived scam-from August of 2010! Interesting. It’s like a sleeper cell implanted in the U.S. The price wouldn’t even cover the charger…

Yes

I hate to say it vickers, but the scammers do it because people fall for it.

Consider it a lesson learned.

Too good to be true = too good to be true

ebay is run buy a bunch of tree huggers and will trust anybody and nearly let them commit murder before they boot them, the fees are a rape and they have had their highest profits ever in 2012, papal used to be great but since ebay bought them they are changing to be more like ebay, but dont worry on losing money because its guaranteed by ppal, buy it and wait a day or so to pay to see if auction has been removed

Its well known Ebay is an opportunistic heaven for criminals. Perhaps some here know that turning your back to criminal behavior is in fact criminal. At any moment its fairly easy to log-on to Ebay and identify 5 sellers in a visit. In fact some well known manufacturers were required force Ebay to remove products that were reproductions by court order. And tree hugger's accept thick envelopes when its beneficial, Ebay will take action only when a Judge will enforce it.

Amazon is smart enough to put up a fence and keep the criminals away yet close enough to keep watch.

Strong language, rix - and I would suggest that if you want people to take you seriously, learn some grammar.

Member ID bin*youli1014

This says it all (bin) (you) (lie)

Lol, I am sure “dorri lu” from nitecore just sent an email to Ebay threatening them: “fix it now” or “they will do something very strong” :bigsmile: :heart_eyes:

Lately the scam from China is to sell a bunch of cheap stuff for a year or a year and a half and then put a hot selling item up for next to nothing. I was looking for a tablet and saw about half a dozen of these. They had $150 dollar Tablets for $30 one seller sold over 1,000 in one day and then they were gone. Some keep the listing up for a while though.

Got my tracking number today………………………coin en route

Yeah, I would say so. I would of bought 3 of them even though I am broke.

wow Amazing. Anybody got theirs yet? I really want to buy one myself now. ANways if it’s a scam… here’s where you report it on ebay.