Have you had QC issues with IMALENT products? (DX80, MS12, R90C, etc)

RT70 - 3 months - so far, so good

I bought two hr20s and two dx80s plus a dn70.
One of the chargers for the dx80 broke but everything else works fine. Im pretty happy with them. The bang for the buck level is pretty hard to be topped, if you receive a good unit.

So im not sure what to vote, since they were 4 for 5 in qc and my one problem was with a faulty 3rd party charger and not the light itself.

Imalent DN12 - DOA (charging but touch buttons not working, so no start)
Imalent DN70 - after heating up (till the heat symbol appears on LCD) if i turn it off, it will not start again (needs battery pulled out to work). Also the menu is stuck in year 2000: turbo,2500LM,300LM,20LM, that it just bad lumen spacing, not programmable … (Imalent people, have you heard of anduril, narsil, etc ?) That is a bad use of a LCD. And voltmeter is off like 0.3Volts.

Hello Shellen,

i have to thank you for your great after sale service: i had a problem with a flickering HR20 and she took care of sending me a replacement unit after that i sent them a video of the problem.

It was very efficient and courteous.

Good job imalent. :student:

My first two, and to date last; Imalents were the Imalent HR20 XP-L HI . This was about 2 & 1/2 years ago best I recall.

My two worked correctly for the most part after some surgery I did myself.

But what really disappointed me with Imalent was the picture below shown below, taken from many in THIS POST about the HR20

Take a close look at those wires. :person_facepalming: … Go to the linked post if you want to see & read more.

Update: my DX80 caught fire, and caused injury in my hand last night: > My Imalent DX80 caught fire, vented smoke, almost exploded (replacement head arrived)

My DX80 failed, smoke came out of the head. I had low expectations but so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised. They responded to my email in about 3 days with an address to ship the failed head. It only cost $23.50 to ship the head out. If they send me a replacement head I’ll be happy. I still have my heart set on a MS18 but I wait and see how this all plays out. So far though I wouldn’t rule out buying another Imalent light. I do appreciate a company that’s willing to push performance to the limit and Imalent is definitely doing that.

Wow that sounds good. Where did you purchase the DX80 if I may ask? And welcome to BLF!

Thanks! I’ve been around here for a while buying your lights, just haven’t signed up and posted until now.
I bought the light on a deal from gearbest back in March of 2018. I really like Imalent lights so I hope it all works out well. The Imalent DT70 is my all time favorite flashlight and the only one I’ve ever bought that came with the emitters dedomed. They did a really nice job on that light and mine has never had any issues.
I understand they’ve had their quality problems but if they’re willing to stand behind their products and replace them when they fail I’ll still buy them.

Wow that’s good to hear. Yes I like Imalent too. I also have the DT70 and DT35. I really like the beam and tint of the DT70. Biggest fault is definitely mode spacing. It’s a shame there is nothing between 1000 and 8000 lumens; I really feel there should be something like 2500 lumens for continuous use.

2500 lumens would be nice in the DT70. Usually I end up using other lights if I need that range continuously. I use the DT70 mostly on full brightness for my kids glow in the dark toys. I got some hollow toy animals on ebay and and pumped them full of epoxy/strontium aluminate glow powder. They glow all night long. The DX80 I’ve used mostly as a work light while rewiring my house. I just tail stand it and set it to 5k. Best work light ever.

Update It finally died. Still under warranty IF I could ever get a reply. Been emailing all kinds of people for a lil over a month now. Only one answer from a US seller. I asked them about how to contact somebody for warranty the they quit answering me. I would be highly ticked off if I wouldn’t have won this POS. I know I’ll never spend a dime with this company now.

I emailed sales@imalent.com and they responded in 3 days. Had to ship it to china but it only cost $23.50 to send the head.

Thanks, That was the first I tried to use. I know I sent at least 3 different ones there with no response. I’ll try again monday morning when maybe somebody is in their office and I might get lucky with a reply.

Imalent is on my blacklist.

HR20 was delivered with loose reflector and lens glass. Bezel ring cannot be screwed into the head. This is a manufacturing defect.
I contacted Imalent, answered their question, and Imalent no longer answered me.

The DM21T came and was not charging the battery. After several uses, the flashlight was completely dead. I have not tried to contact the company after experience of the previous problem solution.

I no longer buy imalent and I am satisfied.
I have over two hundred lamps in my collection, but without Imalent.

Imalent has graduated from my "wait and see" list, to my "ok/fine" list, a few months ago, when my flashlight supplier gave his nod of approval to the R90TS. I grabbed the R90TS right away, as soon as it received that nod of approval. The light is ok/fine, no problems. I then inquired about the MS18, he said that he tested it, he said it is ok/fine, so I grabbed it, and sure enough, it is ok/fine, no problems. Word in the forums is that with the introduction of the R90TS and MS18, Imalent has much improved their quality.

A recent reviewer posted in this forum that he tested the MS18 in the rain, no problems.

PROBLEMS

I have had several problems with Imalent.

The two most serious problems was on two DN35 flashlights, one dead on arrival and one sporadically functional. Those two flashlights was bought about two years ago.

SOLUTION

When I recently contacted Imalent about thous problems, they agreed to repair the two DN35 and send them back to me without cost. I payed the transportation to Imalent factory, and fees for mail handling in my own country when they returned repaired and ok.

In fact, Imalent now showed an excellent customer service and I actually changed my perception of the make Imalent.
After the problems I had, I thought Imalent was a flashlight brand that should be avoided. But after this example of good aftermarket response, I have no hesitation in buying products from Imalent again.

My replacement head for my DX80 arrived two days ago. I screwed it on to the battery but it wouldn’t come on. It looked like the aluminum of the head was bottoming out on the aluminum of the battery pack and not making it all the way to the electrical contact. I marked up the battery side of the connection point with a marker and screwed it all the way down, then pulled it back off. No marker wore off the contact.

I made up a spacer to put in between the battery and the head and tried again. This time it works, but if I set the light to turbo it stays on for 2 seconds and shuts off. Won’t come back on until I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Tried several times with the same result. Battery was at about 60 percent.

Charged the battery fully, and now it seems to work normally. We’ll see how well it holds up.

I wouldn’t exactly call it a win but it’s better than nothing. I now change my opinion of imalent from “wait and see” to buy but only if the price is really good.

If the MS18 ever hits $400 again I’ll probably buy it.

Purchased MS06 direct from Imalent’s website.

Day one of use, flashlight is leaking water into battery compartment, causing light to completely fail - multiple LEDs flashing and not turning on randomly, battery compartment and batteries soaked. It was submerged less than 10cm. Went home and tested it in a shallow pot of water and it got soaked on the inside again. Have video proof.

The light is supposed to be IPX-8 standard waterproof (2 meters submersible), but Imalent explicitly makes excuses in an email response that “the light can not operate underwater”. They repeatedly “play dumb” during email exchanges, making excuses as to why the light isn’t turning on and why the indicators are going crazy, saying how it’s because the battery charge is low etc.

Imalent offers the following options:

1. $20 compensation to keep a dead leaking flashlight, explaining that “they think the light will be fine from now on as long as I don’t submerge it”.
  2. return it to china, they’ll only cover $8 in postage. Also requesting me to under declare it at $8USD value.

It took months to get to me, and will likely take months to ship back as well in this COVID climate. Argued to the point whereby they’ve agreed to have me send it to a local distributor. Opened a case on Paypal to oversee negotiations.

Fortunately, mine have all been perfect. I know people talk smack on the MS18 but man that is a fun light to kick on turbo when you’re out for a walk