Hello from the Netherlands

Post.nl decided to deliver today after all, I am at work and can’t wait till I get home to test the Q8 :smiley:

Hallo BahhZ :slight_smile: True, but I only needed one light, after visiting here I ended up ordering 12 flashlights in couple weeks, this forum is not good for my wallet…

To complete the list:
BLF A6
Convoy C8 Clear
BLF Q8
Astrolux S1 XPL Red
2x Utorch UT01
2x Convoy S2+ CREE XPL HI desert Tan with short tubes
2x ON THE ROAD M3
Convoy S9 CREE XML2
Convoy S2+ XML2 U2 1B Gray
and sign up for The FW3A a TLF BLF

I have no idea why I need 2 of some of those lights, the price was right and I have a 21 year old son, he likes flashlights too, so he will be happy to get some.
I will take a photo when all these lights are delivered, it will be a pile of flashlights.

I sure don’t hope so!

Welkom

Yes, and everytime there are other nice and better lights!
I bought a jaxman E2L host and an triple Nichia 219c MCPCB from jaxman, and ive only just finished my last mod :sunglasses:

Read several reviews, and its a high quality host, slightly shorter then an S2+ but with integrated shelf (so no pill needed) good heat transfer and a nice stainless steel bezel :wink:

And everytime i think, couldnt ive just better buy the Emisar D4 ?
It will probably come, some day

Don’t temp me man! :smiley: It does look nice tbh, but I have enough to play with for next couple months.

Just ordered my third S2+, with warmer color LED form ☢ [Bilakos10 Premium Deals] ● Astrolux FT03 SST-40 ● Astrolux A01 UV ● Seeknite X6S ● JCD 8898 Hot Air Station ● SQ-D60 - #1586 by bilakos10 the code is not correct, put one s less and it works, it was only €12,50 with Post.nl registered shipment. I just could not ressist.

Also I got the Q8 in my hands and tested with flat tops, I have no idea if all batteries touched the plus side but I could test it for now. I will wait for the button tops so I can test it fully.
All I can say is: WOW what a light!

Nice deal on the S2+, but for now i have enough (7)

Yes, the Q8 is fantastic, glad you like it.

Still doubting for the D4, but for now ive spent enough, maybe in a month or 2 or so.

Emisar D4 looks really neat, I have high hopes on the FW3A when its finished. Intrest list is around 1300 people and the height is great for a 18650 light as EDC.

I like the Convoy L6 very much. Een aanrader :smiley:

This is my first week here, also. I’m putting together orders for “all that stuff.” These folks are incredibly knowledgeable and willing to share what they know. Great story and I hope you enjoy your discussions here.

I have been thinking about it, maybe next month or if a nice deal comes around, thing is “I really don’t need a thrower” part of me loses from “I really want it” part of me :smiling_imp: (alleen voor de heb)

Hi liteyear, welcome to the forums too :slight_smile: I have seen your thread, I couldn’t participate to it, because I don’t have the knowledge. I like to research, just for readings sake, I can spend 4 or 5 hours just reading over one flashlight, sometimes even more, thanks to the topics of knowledgeable people here at the forums, I learned a lot about budget lights which can be great value for the money, that’s how I picked up my lights, if you see my list and the recommended list of the guys in your thread you will see a lot similarities, seeing that made me happy to be honest.

Oh boy, there you go :slight_smile:

The L6 is NOT a thrower, at least in stock form
I have an L6 (stock) and it’s a great light, the beam is quite compareable with the Q8, it’s a bit more throwy, but it’s definitely not a thrower like a C8 with XPL-HI
It’s a nice mix of throw and flood, here’s a picture of it i shot a couple of weeks ago (3800 Lm 5000K)

JasonWW has a thread about it where he has done several mods, and has been able to get out 9000 Lumens or so! its a high quality great host (nice thick aluminium walls) and there are lots of parts available to mod it.
If you want something custom, you can ask Simon (the official Convoy Store owner) to make a custom light, XHP 70.2, lighted switch and so on. (i saw in a thread somewhere that you can even ask for a bare unanodized one.)

I didn’t read much about L6, I did see people advice the L6. I was thinking it’s a throw because of the shape. I was planning to check it out, but you already explained it, thanks :slight_smile:

I have written with Simon before for my C8, when the time comes I will contact him again.

Hmm that’s what you get when you type quickly on your phone at work ^ even I have difficulty to understand my above post :person_facepalming:

Anyways I received the Convoy C8 today and it is :sunglasses:
I am really impressed by the quality you get for the money. Programmed directly in to mode 2 and memory on.

You cant go wrong on a Convoy C8, especially for that price.

If bilakos gets a good deal on the M1, i’ll buy one, nice solid allrounder, still on my wishlist.
Like to have the eagle eye X6 as well, but i try to stay with my motto, at one at a time :slight_smile:

Well you got the X6 now :wink: I follow bilakos close, most flashlights I bought are discounted with his codes. Guy is serving his country since couple weeks but he is still dedicated to his discounts :+1:
I got a nice discount for Utorch UT02 from Fin17, since I liked the quality of UT01, ordered the UT02 too, how is that for a small thrower? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to stop now, ordered really nice flashlights, those should keep me busy for couple months. Waiting on SMS 0805 leds, looking at 0805 size it could be little small for me, I am using reading glasses since couple years, so have to use my lighted tabel magnifier a lot!

Today I received 2x Convoy S2+ Xpl Hi Desert tans from Gearbest and the BLF A6 from Banggood.
Really nice lights :sunglasses:

I realized that S2+ has the older firmware, I was assuming all desert tans had the biscotti firmware, but that was not the case unfortunately. I didn’t read the description at Gearbest so it is my fault not seeing this.
So I contacted Simon and ordered 2 drivers with biscotti.

I also did my first tiny mod; spring bypass. First I used desoldering wick, but I didn’t like that much so I used silicone 16AWG test lead wires, I use this wire to make stackable connectors (banana plugs) for my projects. It is little too much maybe but it is very flexible.

Finaly got the 0805 LED’s today, I have a cheaper model S2+ (grey one) with a plastic tail cap, so that was the first victim.

Did the potentiometer a week ago, took the pictures with my old phone, meanwhile I got another phone, that’s the reason for ratio difference in the pictures.

Looks good, only used 3 LED’s on the Gen2 Rev5.2 PCB from pilotdog68’s topic, didn’t need a bleeder resistor:

I did read what the usage was here at BLF, but I like to see myself, so measured 69,3µA at the tail cap, thats almost 5 years on a 3000mAh battery, impressive.

Zijn er ook Belgische of Nederlandse limburgers hier?

Nice to see @spawn did experience the same as alot of us did. Reading and buying… reading some more buying alot more. Cant stop.

I was born in Hoensbroek. Shortly after WWII my father worked for the Justice dept. in Mijnkamp Julia in Eygelshoven. This was an internment camp populated by people who made the wrong choice. The inmates could volunteer to work in the coal-mine Julia. This was the last operational (private owned) mine in the Netherlands. The camp was closed a few years before that. We moved away when my father got a job at an asylum for the criminally insane (look for “Ouwe Nol”).

Looking good spawn!
I just used the original convoy replacement switch + switchcover (lazy me :sunglasses: )

I was born in a small town near Groningen, and now i am an import Drent :wink:

Welcome SpAwN. What a nice workshop you have! As you, I started with a bunch of those budget flashlights and thought all was good. After joining this forum, I progressed to the L6 and thought I'll never need another flashlight. But that is when the bug hits. Now I have four L6's, 2 Q8's and today arrived a DX80. Of course I don't need it, but I'll never regret buying it after turning it on.