Help choosing a AAA EDC

may i throw the acebeam L10 i the pot?

i like mine because the battery does not rattle when the head is open (off)
just a bit bigger than a AA eneloop…

The EOSLamp SP11 is a nice little stainless steel AAA light. THread here about it, and it’s available from BG (I got mine from CQG, but they no longer have them).

After seeing beam shots I’m actually shaky now as to whether the dqg is better or the acebeam is better… I guess I’m going with the cheaper one first :wink: Now M4DM4X if you could provide me an aff link so I could tip you? J)

Oh nooo the output on that is disappointing and the mode selections is not what I prefer :confused:

Ah, maybe I gave wrong link - BG seems to have old version. The newer (?) -S2 version is rated 80 lumen, and is as bright as most of the other AAA lights I have. Personally I like the way the twisty works (loosen to switch on in high, continue to twist to low). YMMV.

Have you got a link to the updated Version? I really dig the design as compared to the L10 but the L10 has specs that I really like!

Edit: Found it at Cnq but it’s outta stock

Acebeam does not deliver to banggood any more - so no code

just my opinion of a light I actually own…

rule #1 makes me not comment your (hopefully) friedly-sarcastic message between the lines :wink:

What it wasn’t sarcasm! I’ve used your links quite a number of times! Sorry if I seemed to you that way since the dispute on aff link quite recently :frowning:

Tbh IDC whether it’s an aff link or not. As long as I get the deal and the person providing the deal is helpful on giving advice and not giving links just to get his tip, I believe it’s a win-win situation. Again I’m sorry Martin if I offended you. I forgot about the dispute on posting aff links quite recently :confused: My bad

You may want to review the stress tests (drops, rock tumbler, and washing machine) that have been done on several different 1x AAA lights
https://www.google.com/search?q=“AAA+flashlight”+tumble+washer+drop+test

From that search result, this is exhaustive: A look at AAA flashlights

The Thorfire TS-07 pictured in post #14 is very nice—I have 2.
But aside from 2 really TINY lanyard slots next to the tail switch
( which limits lanyard diameter to very thin thread/cord) , there is no real attachment point.

I prefer my Klarus Mi10. The tail has a full width raised bar for lanyard or keyring attachment. It won’t tailstand, but I don’t see that as an issue for a miniscule AAA
light. Twisty activation is great—because it gives little chance of accidental activation
and more probability that my “last ditch light” will be ready when needed.

I did read that review earlier today :wink:

I normally carry extra batteries w me so it should be okai and most of singapore lacks an area where it’s really dark unless it’s behind alleys or near the wood

I’m going to second the Olight I3s and the Fenix LD01. Both great lights.

My preferences are the Fenix E05 or LD01. I don’t have an LD02. Fenix seems to build quality lights in my limited experiences.
Jerry

I settled on the dqg mini aaa clicky. The eo5ss is in my cart hehe but that’s for another time

Clicky switch on the DQG is very recessed, it is not very comfortable to operate but on the other side it will not turn on inadvertently in your pocket, and it tailstands. Overall it is a very nice light, very compact and with a good, simple UI. Plus it is plenty bright for all the main tasks and in neutral version it shines a very nice smooth beam in a really great tint.

Yeap I read a review on that! I did get myself the neutral tint. With the extension I really like the extra length which also means extended runtime :slight_smile: I might do a review on it since I only could find a single review on this particular ligy :frowning:

im voting on thrunite for higher output

I don’t know where 8 can get thrunite with free shipping :frowning: hke does not provide free shipping

I have the E05 SS in my keychain. It’s my only EDC and I love it

Driver is removed so now it’s single mode direct drive and led changed to XP-L V6 1A dedomed, it’s really really bright I believe over 1,000 lumens at start and the tint is surprisingly cool white compared to the dedomed V6 1A in my courui. It’s almost fun to use and people can’t believe the output when I turn it on.

Because I carry a bigger flashlight in my car and I don’t go anywhere without it, I don’t need runtime or modes with the keychain light.