Help me decide on a keychain (1) AAA/10440 light.

Q. Do you have a charger for 10440?

Yes. I have a Nitecore Intellicharger i4 and a XTAR WP2 II…both should be able to charge a 10440.

The YEZL S7 I also ordered comes w/battery and a charger (probably junk)…but I will use my better chargers.

10440 are only 300mAh at best. Both those units charge at a much higher rate than that. I know some people use them….but.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-uft1-cree-r5-2mode-mini-led-flashlight-titanium-texture-aaa10440-p-11955

Hmmm…both chargers claim to charge the 10440. Doesn’t the Nitecore Intellicharger determine the optimal charge rate for the battery? If not, I suppose that I could use the supplied YEZL charger.

Tank007 E09

http://www.fasttech.com/search?Tank007%20E09

OK…now that I’ve ordered 3 different AAA/10440 lights…I need help with batteries.

From what I’ve seen, there are very limited choices…mainly UltraFire, TrustFire and MarsFire. I have a YEZL 10440 shipping to me that was part of the package deal I got on WB, but know nothing about this company…and I don’t see their batteries selling individually, except maybe on their website. I’ve seen a few helpful threads concerning these batteries, but wonder if there are any new choices out there. Thanks.

I use AW 10440 unprotected cells. There are a few protected cells out there, but the length makes them a crapshoot of whether they’ll fit in your light or charger. I also use 10440 IMR. Here’s one link for tha AW, just google for other sites. Vaping sites are always a good place to find them.

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-10440-Unprotected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_94.html

Is AW a brand or type? I’ve seen this term around here, but don’t understand it.

AW is the brand.

A good, reliable brand.

I use the UltraFire WF-138 B for charging my 10440 and 14500 cells. It’s 250mA charging rate is ideal.

Well I rec’d the LD01, EO1 and YEZL S7 today. That LD01 is a beastly little light with a 10400 battery in it…a very floody beam. The E01 should be perfect for the wife…and the YEZL is a beautiful stainless body and has a more defined spot/throw than the Fenix light.

One problem…I shoved a marsfire protected cell down the throat of the LD01 and can’t get it out! I believe the strip that runs along the length of the battery has lightly wedged it in. The rear of the light is not removable. Any idea how I can get the battery out w/o damaging it? Reckon I’ll have to charge it at some point :bigsmile:

Magnet?

A nail with a small flat head. You could try a dab of super glue on the head, and stick it onto the end of the battery…and yank. Silicone or loktite might work also.
…anyway, that’s what popped into my head.

If you know anyone who reloads their own ammunition, they might have a bullet puller you could borrow. It looks like a plastic hammer, with a collet in the head to grip the cartridge case. A few enthusiastic whacks against a solid surface usually persuades the bullet to slide out. It might be worth a try on your light.

I’ve been using the Efest unprotected imr 10440 that seems to have better current supply than TF cells.

Thanks rivet…good idea. I improvised and whacked it upside a 2x4 a couple times and the battery dislodged. BTW…2x4s are good for obstinate teenagers as well.

Found out it is not the long strip the length of the battery that caused the battery to stick, but the protection circuit deal on the + side of the battery. It is a slightly wider diameter. I used a rat tail file to ream out the opening of the flashlight body, and now the battery fits without getting stuck. Does that qualify for a mod? :bigsmile:

How many modes does your Yezl S7 have? It seems those from Wallbuys have 5 modes, whereas these have 3 (no strobes).

It is a 5 mode…not sure if there is a way to turn off the blinkies…no instructions included.

They have a website and the S7 is here.