Hi all, I'm relatively new to flashlights. Coming here from /r/flashlight and flashlights Discord server

Hi everyone! My first ever lights were a Wurkkos FC11 and Sofirn SP36 BLF, both of which I purchased a few years ago. Last November, I don’t know what happened, but I was bit by some kind of bug and now I’m addicted to collecting and playing with more and more lights. I was recommend to come here by YBF650 from the Flashlights Discord server.

It’s too long to post in bullet points, but here is my current collection of 100+ lights I’ve amassed over the past four months: Current gear - Google Sheets

My favorites among all of them so far are probably the rainbow E12C with Osram W1, and my D4SV2’s with 26800 tube and 4x SFT-40 3000K HD2 bin from Jackson.

I’m hoping to make some new friends with others who are also deeply interested/invested in this hobby and talk about lights! Happy to be here.

7 Thanks

Welcome!

1 Thank

What’s up!!! I should’ve known you also hang around here, lol

1 Thank

Welcome to BLF, good to have more people here.

1 Thank

Thanks again for the help! Good to be here.

Welcome to BLF! Pretty long list of lights!

If you got bored one day, you could edit your list to include form factor: headlamp, keychain, lantern, ?small/medium/large?

And if you got really bored, could also include cd/lumen values!

Anyway, again, welcome, glad to have you here!

Welcome :slight_smile:
As is your clear, easy to understand thread title :smiley:

Wow, wait, 100 lights in 4 months? It took me years to get to that stage… guess that bug has evolved.

2 Thanks

Good ideas, it’s definitely a bit of a mess right now and I’d definitely like to add that information. I also want to split the # of emitters + the type of emitter into separate columns so I can do sorting on those fields.

Yeah… my wallet hates me…

1 Thank

Welcome!

Which emitter is your favorite in the Emisar D1K?

The SFT-40 5000K really makes the D1K stand out as an excellent usable thrower. The emitting area and power draw is perfect for the size of the D1K’s reflector and amount of thermal mass. The W1 is also fun to use, but less useful as an actual flashlight.

A close second place is going to have to go to the XHP70.3 HI 4000K, which makes the D1K into an awesome flooder/throw-ish light.

2 Thanks

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Both of those emitters are at the top of my list of possibility for a D1K.
I currently don’t have any 70.x emitters in my collection so I’m sorta leaning towards the 70.3 HI.

1 Thank

Welcome to the party. O boy, you’ve been seriously bitten by that damn bug. It took me about 10 years to buy that much lights.

1 Thank

I hope you have fun here, 636_year_old_loli!
I’m guessing you’re a fan of anime.

1 Thank

Hahaha, I am, how could you tell? :rofl:

1 Thank

I haven’t watched much anime lately, unless you count the Persona video games (and some other video games with anime in them.)
My two favorite series are Cowboy Bebop and Fooly Cooly (FLCL), both of which are pretty ancient.

Welcome!

A true masterpiece. Have you seen Trigun (the original one, not the weird remake)? Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and the old Ghost in the Shell movie are my favorites.

2 Thanks

I saw the original Trigun on Cartoon Network.
(I don’t know if I’ve seen all 26 episodes, though.)
I don’t remember if I’ve seen the old Ghost in the Shell movie.
I probably have, but I don’t remember it.
I know that it’s a classic, though. :+1:
I used to watch anime (and cartoons) on Cartoon Network (and especially Adult Swim) all the time. :man_swimming:

1 Thank

Are you responsible for the website 1thedeals.com? I actually found your page while searching for the cheapest option to buy an MF05/MT90P, ha. Ended up going to Neals and using the ND30F coupon for it.

1 Thank