High quality hosts for fairly cheap! Deal Alert!! Some WolfEyes AK6 discussion

Says no longer available. I had ordered 3 to get the free shipping but got an email saying there was only one left, did I want to substitute two AK4's or pay shipping on the AK6 or cancel the order. I took the AK6.

Mine's still in FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY.

Mine arrived very fast! I didn`t even know my tracking number..

Mine was delivered today, well yesterday now, no display box or batteries. Very nice quality though. Tracking never worked on 17Track but showed up early on USPS tracking in Germany June 6th but no further updates. Thanks for posting the deal.

Are you talking about the AK 6?

Thanks for posting this ChibiM.

I would have commented sooner, but I couldn’t remember my login info—it’s been awhile.

My AK6 also arrived without the display box and with a small ding in the anodizing. I was planning to gift it, but I guess I’ll need to keep it for myself now. :slight_smile:
The battery carrier on mine is a little finicky and takes some adjustment to get contact, but once working and inserted into the light everything works well.

It’s an exceptional light for the price. Thanks again for posting it.

Sad to hear they sent them without gift boxes..and without batteries.

I guess the ones that were ordered first got them with both.

You could contact them, because the ad mentioned the batteries to be included if I'm correct.

Mine actually did come with the batteries, just no display box. I would have preferred it the other way around since I won’t be using the batteries anyway.

Well, the batteries are lithium, so they are very useful and can be kept in storage for a long time!

Therefore I'm glad they were included, although I actually didn't know that when I ordered the light ;)

Yes, AK6. It was in a foam block with cut-outs for the FL and lanyard, this put in a cut down corrugated cardboard box.

Hmm, that doesn't sound too good!

Did you contact them about it? Or you don't really mind?

Anybody able to remove the reflector from the pill?

Any news on modding possibilities on the AK6?

by the way. the website shows they still have some Stock!!

great big light for the money!

It says 'This article is no longer available.' for me.

Strange , when I wrote that post it was still available..anyhow..now it shows indeed it's sold.

It's a flaky website. I ordered 3 to get the free shipping and was told via email that there was only 1 left, so it's most likely a database error.

I’m seeing 40euro, or $54US for the V20A.

Hmmm.

You have to log in before you see the price Without VAT.........

Also, the T6 was sold out $39, and the U2 is still available. Which is more expensive. Therefore the higher price.

You should contact them by email, and see if they can help you getting the price a little down. They are pretty helpful.

I may have just discovered why the Wolf-Eyes AK6 was discounted. Mine is no longer working.

Considering how little it was used it’s a little disappointing. The 6 eneloops were actually still on their initial charge. I was simply changing modes-just a few taps-and then no more light. The MC-E led and Battery magazine look fine but the driver smells fried.

Any Ideas what I can do with this?

I like that AK6

I still have mine... wanted to change the LED. but cant get it to open up far enough to get to the mcpcb.

You could open it up (i could get the driver part off) and get a new driver...

not sure which driver though.. ultimately I would have like to replace the LED...

there are different driver boards that are connected...see my pictures earlier in this thread.

Thanks ChibiM, I did see your photos of the driver. Hopefully I can get the pill apart to inspect the damage. I’m sorry to learn that the mcpcb isn’t easily accessed. I hope I don’t need to resort to Ouchyfoot’s methods with his Wolf Eyes Boxer - Yes or No! Should I Take an Ice Pick to This Light? Need feedback. .