Hight capacity battery

I think these are the same cells as Keeppower 5200 but a bit cheaper http://www.banggood.com/VAPPOWER-26650-5200mAh-20A-3_7V-Li-Ion-Rechargeable-Battery-p-951875.html

can you show me a link to the 22650 batterys? I only heard of 26650 batterys

you can get keeppower for cheaper in some store like this one

my error… it’s 26650

I think you cannot compare mAh of different voltage cells, thats not fair in favor of lower voltage cells. you should compare stored energy. As LiIons have approx three times the voltage of a Nimh, the Ah will be a third of that of an nimh whit the same energy stored. for example, same size batteries: efest 10440, rated at 350 mAh (measured around 300 at 0,1A) has 1,2 Wh (discharged at 01,A) Eneloop pro AAA (panasonic branded in its current generation) rated at 900 mAh (measured 921 at 0,1A), has 1,12 Wh (discharged at 0,1A too) Here you have the best age to compare batteries: HKJ’s page
And here the tests for the mentioned batteries in the example:
efest Test of Efest IMR10440 V1 350mAh (Black)
and eneloop pro AAA Test of Eneloop AAA BK-4HCC 900mAh (Black)

If I’m in a mistake, please someone correct me

Im fairly sure I recall it being said that pound for pound, 18650 outdo the 26650. In absolute numbers, the 26650 has it, but is it worth looking at 18650s instead? If capacity is the goal, you would have room for more 18650s anyway.

a good 18650 like a panasonic or keeppower is around 3400ma the same price then a 26650 at 5200ma

18650 :- 18mm diameter, 65mm long.
26650 :- 26mm diameter, 65mm long.

so maybe with 18650, i could put 4 by level (4*3) and get a similar diameter then using 3 * 26650

Although, more is no always better. Youre talking a lot of batteries either way. Whatever you use, make sure they are protected.

will allow to use the light during more hours.

I think Ejected Filament is right, for both space and Wh per $, 18650s are the reasonable choice. Take a look at what some of the ebike community is doing they should give you an idea of what you will need.

Just to be sure its understood, by protected I mean those batteries with circuits to shut them off if something bad happens. Its highly recommended with 2 batteries, let alone 9 or 12. Im assuming this will be a canister light, not a standard style torch.

this one is protected

ya that will be a canister.

if i use only two battery with XPH70 and want to be around 30 watts… autonomy will be a disaster

I wasnt recommending 2, I used that number to demonstrate how important it would be with 9 or 12. I get why you need them, voltage and run time.

Keeppower are a decent battery. IIRC< they use the KK cell as they dont make them themselves, they just relabel and add a protection circuit, but I think they use Chinese circuits. Im not sure who uses a Seiko circuit for example on a KK 26650. Personally Id opt for 18650 as they would make for a better fit in a tube, with less wasted space.

just need to find a drivers
any suggestion?

Pay attention to the XHP70 thread.

As I said though in edit which by your quote appears you didnt see, personally Id opt for 18650 as they would make for a better fit in a tube, with less wasted space.

Basically every driver in the mt-g2 thread should work with the XHP70

Option 1 is you fix yourself to a number of batterys and search for a driver that fits your supplied voltage.
Or option 2 is you look for a good driver with a good user interface, good mode spacing and the amps you want to give the led and built the rest to fit the driver (this is the better option I think)

ok thanks, i’m a begineer

will need to read, too much new word.

if i use a canister with a diameter of 60mm i could put 3x26650 or 5x18650.
so i i put 3 level, i can put 15 battery x 3400mA

just need to setup all theses batterie.

are there any how to with driver for beginer?

Yeah, but search is less than optimal with the sites old buggy software, at least I find it buggy. Theres actually many threads on various drivers here, including drivers designed by people here. IN the search bar, try MTG2 driver or mt-g2 driver and spend some time going over the results, theres some clued on people here. There is a thread on drivers for MT-G2 but Ive never read it so cant say how many ideas are in there but it asks the question what driver are people using so likely has a lot of ideas.

Here ya go, start here, I still havent read it though…

Taskled has some of the highest quality drivers ready made and the HPflex 6A buck driver would certainly do the trick with a 4 series by 3 parallel battery set up. With any buck driver you will need at least 1V above the forward voltage of the emitter to regulate. For a primary dive light I wouldn’t reccomend going cheap when you’re spending that much on cells. Flex drivers are a bit of a pain to program but that’s mainly due to the high number of options that can be programmed. If you end up using one with a reed switch I’d reccomend wiring in(or using jumper cables) a second momentary switch just to program it. Much easier than long/short “clicks” with a reed switch.

Not read the entire thread, so apologies if this is already covered. But if you aren’t constrained to a tube to the put the batteries in, would a high capacity LiPo as used in the RC world maybe suit better?

4S 16,000 mAh

2S 13,000 mAh (could run say two or three of these in parallel)