Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

This pic points to the 2 penny items. Another 6 pack of the BR30 LED bulbs and an Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 6 plus and 6S plus.
( I have an iPhone 6S )

The local HD I went today didnā€™t have most of those deals. They did have the 10pk of rough service LED bulbs for $9.90, but the TP Link router was still regular price. Most of the clearance items in the store closest to me (which isnā€™t all that many items in comparison to what dchomak posts) have prices that end in .00 and are barely marked down. I did get 10pk of the bulbs. No idea what I will use them for.

Edit: So I decided to try a few of them out. I had to suppress my gag reflex after swapping out a Philips L-prize bulb with one of them. The light is quite yellow-ish and does not have a pleasant tint. I guess you canā€™t expect much for $1 each, but ewwwā€¦ :confounded: Youā€™re doing something wrong when you make the light from a cheap-o CFL look good. :open_mouth:

Be careful with that light, i have the larger version, the Polysteel 600, i mortally wounded one by running it on high for 30 mins straight, being a plastic body it has no cooling path.
It lasted a few more flickery months before it died.
Also the switch is not heavy duty, a few hundred on/off cycles will wear it down and the battery holder shreds wrappers, its meant for single use alkaline.

I got that $9.90 bin of 10 lamps :smiley:
and WOW the 24 pack is $10.03 now! last I saw it was $30.06. I hope I find one!!!
$10.03/24 is 42Ā¢ per lamp :money_mouth_face:

Yesterday my wife and I traveled to Rhode Island. Of course I stopped at a couple of HDā€™s
On Black Friday I bought 2 of the VR headsets that HD had out at $20 each. They came with a joystick device for playing 3D games. I also bought 1 of the QSee dash cams for $50. One of the stores in Rhode Island had both on a clearance endcap for less.

the VR headset had gone from $19.88 to $7.98 and the dash cam from $49.88 to $25.04
I brought both of these up to the service desk and told them that I had bought these awhile ago and asked if they would please refund me the difference. With nothing more than my credit card, they were able to put about $50 back on my card. :slight_smile:

Then I was able to justify buying this.

On the bottom shelf there are the orignal Wink Hubs. They were originally $69.99 but the Wink Hub 2 is out, so they are on clearance for $37.00. I have lots of Wink bulbs (for a penny) and besides for Christman my wife gave me 3 of the Amazon Echo Dots. They can connect to Wink stuff through the Wink Hub, so when set up Iā€™ll be able to control lights and stuff with voice commands.
Why 3 Echo Dots?
1 for each floor. :wink:
Also on Black Friday I got 2 of the Bluetooth Speaker light bulbs for $14.88 each (they were kind of disappointing) I came across them reduced to $7.54, so guess what, got refunded on those as well.
Last year Radio Shack had something similar for $100.00!

Stores in Rhode Island had the 10 packs of rough service bulbs for $9.90, even if the display still said 19.98 or 15.00
I also saw more 24 packs of LED bulbs. They would all scan for $10.03, even if still marked at $30.06
Couple of penny light bulbs here.

These brooms are junk, not even worth the $1.52!

I was seeing a lot of clearance stuff dated 09/26/2016. In just a couple of days they will penny out. I was just a little too early.

All stores I had been to in CT and RI have C-clamps on clearance.

Here is another Black Friday item. Reduced from $19.98 to $7.98 and it was the last one. I couldnā€™t resist.
Maybe the cat can use it. :smiley:

More Kohler sinks, this time basin and pedestal for $28.03, WOW

And lastly, here is a display of rotating projection lights. They were originally $19.99 and are reduced 50% to $9.98. This is Christmas stock. Just last month I came across these same type of lights that were Halloween themed and they were reduced to $2.49 each! Something to be watching

I hope the wink hubs go on clearance here, still $99

The TCP ones?

We need something better than a thread; itā€™s hard to follow this thread and see what are the current items to look for, and annoyingly when I donā€™t visit the thread it doesnā€™t give me any more email notifications so I completely forget about it!
We should have our own category, and each item/deal alert has its own thread. OSLT

At $37.00 they will surely go lower. Perhaps something like $35.06 and then a 3 price. I will be watching.

yeah, the 2 small flood lights on the left. There were a whole bunch of A19 TCP bulbs at $1.88 that went to $1.03 in stores in CT and then pennied out. These bulbs should have too (there are probably 100 in this pic) but even though they are tagged at $1.88 they scanned for $4.88 :confounded: That was the case for both RI stores I was in.
By rights they should have scanned for a penny.

If it goes under $20 i would love to buy one from you, with shipping it would probably still be worth it. Today i bought this for $26.96 so your post is very serendipitous (a rare instance of an item going on clearance at HD in Canada but still regular price in the US)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/GoControl-Premium-DIY-Home-Security-Kit-Z-Wave-and-Wink-Enabled-WNK01-311KIT/205785810

Itā€™s all too complicated.
I always have about 100 or 200 items swimming around in my head when Iā€™m in an HD.
In my head thereā€™s a que that is constantly changing, older items fall off while new items come into play. It would be next to impossible to follow them all in print form. Added to that, different stores in various regions have different items and dates on clearance.

I suggest that people should learn the principles and keep their eyes open. Form your own ā€œqueā€ and add to that que items that they see discussed in this thread. Others here have found deals that I have not been able to duplicate. For instance, I have never come across the Sharpie markers on clearance. At any price, never mind a penny. Also I wouldnā€™t have found those faucets for a penny had it not been for you listing plumbing deals.

Iā€™ll say it again, each week 50-100 different items penny out. Most of them, by far, get pulled. But some are missed and they need to be hunted down and saved from the crusher

Heck, Iā€™m shooting for a penny :smiley:
Will do though. At a ā€œ00ā€ price though, the next price reduction is indefinite. It could be a very long time, or it could happen next week. Look how little time it took for that tub of 10 light bulbs to go from $15.00 (ā€œ00ā€) price to $9.90

I could use 3 at a penny, iā€™ll send you a nice tip as well :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Bort, we should be so lucky.

My immediate goal is to score one of those 24 packs of LED bulbs for a penny. That is really something to aspire to. :student:

Just think, 24 bulbs for a penny. Thatā€™s 1/24th of a cent a piece. Thatā€™s 0.04167 cents a piece. or 0.0004167 dollars a piece.
For a dollar I could buy 2400 bulbs, and at 810 lumens each, that would be 1,944,000 lumens and it would take 21,600 watts to run them.
But thatā€™s all just fantasy.
What I would do though is make a 24 bulb worklight. I donā€™t think I would use sockets though, just solder them in place.
A 250W light producing about 20,000 lumen. A light like that would brighten up my day.

I seem to recall your 56 bulb monster from a time long ago.
I want to get one of those 7x doublers, i plan to add it to a future order from banggood, i have about two dozen 800 lumen unused LEDs so i will have a bright monster, though not as bright as yours, and most of my bulbs cost $1 each, my best price has been 4 cents each, highly unlikely i can make the discount and coupon work that way again

My investigative trip to Home Depot last night was disappointing. Nothing worth buying. I found the 10 pack of rough service bulbs for $9.90 in my store (plenty of stock), but skipped them. I found some funnels marked down to $0.53 with a date of 10/18/16 and bought two on the chance they might be a penny, but nope. My store also has plenty of the Maglite Combo packs at $20.00.

-Garry

The Cat 40A wheeled charger has finally been moved to the clearance rack at my work HD. The Cat DC to AC convertor is still ringing up full price at the self checkout. I did score a 10 pack of LED bulbs for $10, but Iā€™m happiest about snagging three of the Husky 11 inch locking polycarbonate bins with handle. They were still marked at 14.98, but another trip (my third) to the self checkout told me that I could have them for $9.98. I may still get some more, and Iā€™m going to keep my eye on them for a further reduction. It just so happens that they are apparently designed specifically for storing a Liitokalla Lii-500 charger, power adapter, and several 18650 cells. sigh, lets see if I can post an image:

Imgur link

DCH those wire nuts hit a penny this AM. Also all the ratchet straps went to 3 price this Am. I know where 2 cases of wire nuts are but didnā€™t goto that store this am.

Holy clearance! My local not only had the normal rack, but added 3 pallets of light fixtures and sinks.

They had a cart of centech stuff, which Iā€™m assuming pennied out, but was in too much of a rush to find out.it was in the rack last week, but is now in a cart.

Also saw a pallet of mixed window blinds, but they were not marked. They looked to be staged for clearance as they were in line with the other clearance pallets.

There were 2 shopping carts of mixed items labeled with clearance prices. Lots of chalk lines, plumb bobs and tape measures in the mix. Lots of leftover cleaning supplies from the special buys. Iā€™m assuming this was all just the leftovers from Christmas special buys.

Iā€™m going back tomorrow morning for a better look and will try to get some pics

Donā€™t ask me what Iā€™m going to do with 1200 wire nuts because I donā€™t know! But non the lessā€¦.
!!