Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Around here the Gorilla Nuts had a date of 09/29/16, but they sold out at the 3 price.
Some stores have pennied out dates of 09/26/16, but others have not. jAny day now.

2 stores, 5 miles apart. The first store had 2 of these 9 foot “Super Slim” HDMI cables marked at $23.06 and dated 09/26/2016.

That shot missed the price tag and I didn’t realize that until after I bought them and checked the photo.
So I took another picture.

The second store had 9 of them hanging on a hook marked at $28.00 and also dated 09/26/2016

The first store with only 2, scanned for a penny. The second store with 9, scanned for $7.53.

Here’s a few others to keep an eye on. The wire nuts sold out everywhere at the 3 price. These were never marked down but I scanned one to make sure they were a penny and then bought them all.

!!
I really hope I can find one of these even at the 2 price
!!
!!
These led lights already hit the 2 price.
!!

I scanned one of those hdmi cables this morning and it was 29 so maybe they will hit a penny here too soon.

Maybe they were still $3.03 yesterday.
Does that thought make you feel any better?
Or that I wasn’t able to find any (so far) for a penny?

I know that feeling you describe all too well :confounded:

I grabbed a set of these 5 organizer bins for $9.88 They don’t stack very well nor interlock to each other but perfect to use individually. Good quality overall for the lids and latches.

Those wire nuts hit a penny today, they were 3.03 yesterday. I scanned a box yesterday and this am.

I LOVE organizers and I buy lots of them.
Someday I will use them to actually get organized :person_facepalming:

On BF I got some of the Husky tool chests for the garage and basement. Because of that I was able to re-purpose one of my smaller chests just for batteries.
Now that’s organized.

I out grew my large ZAG organizer of flashlight parts. Now the ZAG only holds emitters, drivers, MCPCBs, future project hosts and copper.

The 4 smaller HDX have been dedicated for
Lenses and various optics
O-rings and XP spacers in tray
Reflectors and XM spacers in tray
4 is still empty but getting the Misc status.
Larger #5 is all the tail switch parts, silicone caps, spacer washers and various springs in the 2 small removeable trays.

May pick up another pack of the HDX and start on the workbench to make it useable again. I did get some parts in today to complete some of the mess. Awating another package from KD (took 3 weeks just to get movement on the tracking number).

Your drawer makes me realise my batteries need “something” and I don’t have nearly enough small containers. Should get out early tomorrow and will have some time to casually browse the local HD. I have yet to score my first penny deal.

Saw those clear polycarbonate containers. Picked one up but for some reason the combo lock turned me off and changed my mind. So I set it back down. Charger organizer makes me want one again.

10.03 a piece

I wish you’d have saved yourself the misery with that one. Along with several other BLF members I’m also on DashCamTalk forum and I spend about as much time there a I do here. For the same money you can do a lot better- don’t buy a dash or action cam without doing the research . Just like LED lights, there’s a lot of junk out there and some really good bargains too.

Still no penny items here but honestly I don’t spend much time “playing the game” so I haven’t figured out which stores here mark to a penny and when. There is a system to it and like any system, the more you know about how it works the better it works for you :wink: If I put more time into it I could probably do OK too. If I didn’t spend so much time online in various forums I’d have a better chance of that :open_mouth:

Phil

I need to go grab a couple of those floor lamps. I need 2 I almost forgot about them thanks for posting. I know where 3 are still marked at 6 price.

Dollar general is a great place to get those little containers for 18650s I have about a dozen of em.

Today’s score

Wow! Nice score. Is the light any good? How the tint?

Yeah, it was an impulse buy for my wife.
As you say, it being not so good, I’m glad I got half my money returned to my card after finding it on clearance.
A word on getting money refunded on a clearance item. HD will allow you to, in effect, return an item and immediately buy it back at the reduced price. You don’t have to actually bring your purchase into the store to do that. You only need your sales slip or the credit card it was charged to.
However, the store you go to must have your item still in stock at the reduced price If they have no stock, they will not do it for you.
In my case, I merely checked each store I had been in for the items I bought on Black Friday for discounts. Each time I found an item I bought at a reduced price, I brought that item up to the Service Desk, had them scan for price and gave them my credit card. Easy as that.

Also on Black Friday I bought a Quad Drone for $49.88. I actually bought it for myself, I figured it was a good cheap way to get my feet wet. It includes a camera to shoot video of the flight.
With anything high tech or new tech, I first buy cheap. Use that purchase as a learning experience. The relatively small amount of money spent will enable me to learn just what I should buy later. Being informed later will enable me to recoup that intial investment, and more. Besides, with new tech, prices always drop rapidly. Postponing my eventual purchase will also save me money. No sense on being on the “bleeding edge” of technology. (bleed money)

Here is a receipt refunding to my credit card my original purchase price of $49.98 for a Quad Drone with camera

And 1 minute later, buying it back for $24.00

I never get no worklights for penny :cry:

But today I did score a penny deal. Date of 09/26/16

And every year for the past 4 years I have found 1 and only 1 of these 30 piece drill bit sets. Sizes of 1/16th to 1/2 inch.
Regularly $34.94 marked down to $8.00

Here is where I found it, hanging on a post mixed in with some other 21 piece bits that had been marked down to $9.97 from $14.97
There was no price on the 31 piece set, but I recognized it from prior years.

I only got 1 of the work lights too. I knew where dozens were! I saw them the day before they hit a penny. The next day I went back to get them and they were gone, all but 1 mixed in with the new ones. They are very bright lights like a pure white. No bluish tint to them.

On the bright side the 1500leumen regargable worklights and the 2800 ones are now on clearance, but not at the .88 price. So hopefully they’ll come down soon

Spent a few hours scrounging today. Got 4 packs of 50 LED christmas lights for $1.24ea and one 150 LED pack for $2.50 Multi colored on all.
Another HDX 5 pack of the organizer bins for $9.88 Xmas leftovers this store only has one remaining.
Bucket-O-Bulbs for $9.90
2pack of folding Husky utility knives for $7. Xmas leftovers.
5pcs of the white plastic bulb guards. $2.38ea Like a trouble light. I want to paint them black and use on my project dumpster light in another thread. Industrial look.
And my reason for being there was to get 2 wire shelving units. 5 shelf 72inX16X36 in Black $50ea which isn’t bad for 350 Lbs capacity/shelf Already have a few. And they store Lead and Lead projectiles well. :smiley:
Considered buying the Defiant 2 outlet with remote control. Just looked too cheap and realising it takes 12V A23 battery in the remote I left on a shelf somewhere. Was like $8.

Nothing and I mean nothing with a yellow tag older than 11/29/16
I really think they reissue tags at my local HD. I was in the lighting area on the clearance cap and after 15min a lady came and started scanning everything. Like I found something they had to get off the floor. I kinda stood there for a while watching but realising it was a lost cause, I left.
3 trips to the SCO returned nothing lower than what was tagged.

I think all the Husky worklights will be cleared out soon, to be replaced with multi LED worklights. That’s what everybody else is coming out with.
In my opinion, a worklight with just 1 emitter is too harsh, casting hard shadows etc.
That is of course you need a worklight that throws rather than floods.

vw , did you see any Christmas lights like these?

These are pretty nice, except they could be brighter.
Inside there is a motor that rotates the LEDs and they have a faceted lense that gives a kaleidoscope effect. HD cleared out these same type of lights after Halloween, and I caught some for $2.49
My wife asked if she could take one to their office party for a $10 and under gift swap. I said sure, and don’t you know I found one the very next day for a penny to replace it :smiley:

Look for these to perhaps go to a penny without the normal 6 to 3, or 4 to 2 price. :wink:
The Halloween one I found was on a clearance shelf.

BTW, these lights stake into the ground. Not shown here is a screw in bulb type that are harder to find as they sell. I found 3 yesterday and they are a little cheaper at $3.24

This pattern on the ceiling is in constant motion. The 3 lights I found were all blue, but from the display pic above, there are other colors and even a multicolor light.

We bought two of those Gemmy kaleidoscope lights (staked in the ground ones) from a different store prior to Christmas. I think they are absolutely horrible and nearly worthless! My description of them is “swirling blurry light”. We have a street light nearby and these weren’t bright enough to overcome the streetlight. They came out of the ground immediately after I saw how pathetic they were! (Note: they will appear “decent” when shone on a ceiling indoors.)

-Gary