Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Florence, SC

Like I said, buy ’em all, figure it out later!

They had 2

Well, I did it. After sleeping on it, I got up and went to both stores and wiped ’em out. Ridgid and Ryobi.

All told, between the two days and two stores I ended up with 8 twin packs of Ridgid batteries and 8 twin packs of Ryobi batteries. By my math, that’s 256 individual Samsung 18650-20R cells for a total cost of $365.84 including the state sales tax. That’s an average of $1.43 per cell.

Now I feel like some kind of crazy battery hoarder and my girlfriend is giving me strange looks. I’m still not sure what to do with them all. Could just throw the packs on ebay, but that’s boring. I could assemble one massive pack and build myself an electric bicycle? It’s enough to assemble a 12Volt, 170AH pack.

Wow!!!

You don’t need IMR’s to build a bike pack. Because so many cells will be in parallel regular ones will do and will give you more capacity.

If you want to off load some of those, PM me

BTW. Be very careful disassembling the 12v packs. I was and still managed to short out one of the batteries which quickly got tossed onto the stone patio but hasn’t detonated. I also damaged a couple wrappers so they will have to be rewrapped.

Yeah but think of the speed I could get with a 20kW continuous discharge, hah. That’s about, what , 26HP?

Buy ’em all figure it out later.
Here is the Ridgid 1 pack at it’s regular price, $69

Just 1 foot away on the same shelf. Probably still there for me because they are placed edgewise, hard to see. 4 sets of 2 at 18.02

I love Virginia!

Think how you could use those packs for your bike as is, still in their original enclosures. Your could construct some sort of receptical for them and maintain the over charge and over discharge protection. You have enought sets to be able to have spares. The receptical would be easier than constructing the pack.

Ugh, I guess I’ll have to hit up several HDs tomorrow morning.
Ah well, I ain’t got anything else better to do.

Just tried calling, the store just used the website which is showing online-only everywhere.

Calling did not work for me even with the SKU number they wanted to know what the item was…………

After checking SEVEN Home Depots in three states, managed to score one 18V 2-pack. That was the last one they had, too. And the last store was checked by my dad.

Nothing in a store in NJ but found this in CT

Which 3 States? LOL

I’m not going look anymore—I keep finding the Riggid 2 pks and I just cant leave them alone— I have 14 battery pks—took 2 apart—84 20Rs not to mention all the laptop pks I still have (100 Samsung) and all the VTC5 25R etc I have—These cells are making some great trio and quad groups though

I now have 11 of the Ridgid 2 paks. What I can’t find is the Ryobi 2 paks :frowning:

Houston Sux!!! I can’t seem to find any of the good deals you are all getting… :_(

Well now eight stores in four states! My dad checked in Texas (Pearland), I went to Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. :smiley:

….wait, does this mean I have OCPD?!? :frowning:

My Dad said the clerk told him he put out the Ryobi packs just a few minutes before my dad got the one, and there was just one left! I know it’ll make the BLF sad, but I’m just going to use these to power my One+ tools.

BTW chops, which town? I hit two in Slidell and two in NO, no luck at all.

Denham Springs(they were with the clearance items Baton Rouge off I10 (they had a big Riggid display)bought 2 one week for$35 then went back the next and got 3 more then got a partial refund on the first 2—This is the first time I’m lucky—the .03 stuff is usually gone

Yes it does, but at least there is hope for you………
I am long gone, We just got back from vacation to Hilton Head, SC. While on the trip I checked stores in GA, SC, VA, DE, NJ and CT. 6 States! I didn’t get a chance to check NC or Maryland

I hit a couple Columbia area stores looking for that Ryobi 2 pack with no luck. Hoping the single packs of Ryobi's and Rigid's go on clearance next.