Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

This one is interesting. Marked $3.70, but rang up $1.03. Bought the 2 they had on hand to use with some files dchomak sent me (Thank you!). Date is 5/20/2015. Package is about a foot tall. The handle is very comfortable and grippy. Has 2 different inserts for holding different type of files. Works quite well.

I found one of those too.

At one time they were at Lowes reduced from 3.97 to 99 cents. This was from 2 years ago.

Those files I gave you and the Handle you got is a perfect marriage of Home Depot and Lowes. I got the files in 2013 and you found the handles in 2015.

2 years ago Lowes was having some amazing deals, haven’t seen these kinds of discounts in awhile…………

I have been following these on clearance. They are now at the “3” price. Looks to be of that same quality as all the others I see in various places, including Harbor Freight. The best price I ever saw at HF was 9.95.
These were originally $34.96

Here is something, nothing to do with lights or tools, but perhaps a new clearance pricing method. The 2 items are on clearance at about 50% off and the price ends with an “8”. Usually a price ending with “6” is about 25% off and a “3” is about 75% off.

Orange, not very bright, 110v LED bulbs -- I got the last 3 at Emeryville.

My $40 kit spectrometer says these are 590nm; looking at them, they appear much closer to red-orange than the bare amber 590nm emitters I have.

Maybe there is some filter inside? Haven't cracked one open. Figure for Hallowe'en, they'll be fine. And they're tolerable as late night don't-wake-me-up household navigation lights.

When I heard the Halloween reference to the orange bulb, it gave me the excuse I needed to pick one up :slight_smile:

Here is a deal now repeated at Home Depot that you may have missed last year at Lowes.

Simultaneously last year Lowes ditched the “Bessey” line of clamps and vises and switched to “Irwin”. Home Depot dropped “Irwin” and went with “Bessey” Some of us were lucky enough to catch deals at both stores as they each cleared out inventory. :wink:

This desktop suction vise was originally 29.95 but is now on clearance for $7.53. This is a great little vise, clamps onto any smooth surface with its builtin suction cup base. Highly useful and highly recommended by ME!

Last year I followed it at Lowes as they kept reducing the price. I finally got the last one for $7.47 then, although ImA4 got some for as low as $5 something.

I'm hitting a HD on the way home. That suction mount vise is so handy and the quality is pretty decent. Love the photo progression on the prices on that vise. Thank you dchomak!

And thank you hank. I need to try to get some of those orangish lights.

I did a friend a favor today. That put me 1.2 miles from an HD in State that I have only been to once. Of course I walked the store. Within seconds I saw this display. What makes this display special is that previously the Almond colored switches had already gone on clearance.

All styles showing in the picture are white, but could there be any almond ones hiding behind them?
Turns out there was 1. I knew with would ring up for a penny because I had watched them go to 8.96 to 5.53 and then to a penny every where else. Here is one at 5.53 from last week, just before they turned.

I also came across this display.

There is 2 of the Nicholson file handles that have gone to $1.03. Like the one ImA4 found, these are still marked at $3.70. Either $1.03 or a penny, I grabbed both.

Then on the way to the self checkout I saw these.

43 cents and the date is 04/22/15. Just about old enough to have gone to a penny, so I grabbed 1 and went on the checkout.
Scanned the fan control——-a penny
Scanned the 2 file handles —— penny each
Scanned the Camo Strap ——- $1.98! WTH!
Too late now, had to eat that. Finished up and paid.

You win some and loose some (one) :slight_smile:

^ Damn, I just love/hate watching you do your thing. You really are the Deal Finder Master. Congrats on those scores.

Have you signed up for my giveaways? Random org will determine the winners, but you have no chance if you don't sign up. And, it won't even cost you a penny.

Aww man I forgot about this thread again and didn’t get notifications for it! |(

I could use some of those white fan control toggle switches. I recently installed a new ceiling fan (completely installed new wire, box, switches, and fan) and have 3 more rooms to install a ceiling fan in. We’ve already got a fan for the next room… someone threw it out while renovating. Perfectly good, just missing a mount I think.

We could also use two ceiling fans for really cheap from Home Depot for the two other rooms.

I noticed your giveaways early on but decided then that I wouldn’t enter. What if I won? Somehow it seems that just wouldn’t be right. I already get more than my share of good stuff cheap. :wink:
I will though celebrate with you on your 5K and 6K posts! Congrats on that

It may not be too late, just visit that display and look for any almond color switches, there could be more than one style. Also check up over the shelf on top of the display, there may be some up there out of sight.

I checked the fan switch stations in all the home depots we went to and didn’t find any almond togglers at all! :_(

If only I had a barcode for an almond toggler, then I could scan a white one with it and get a white one for a penny!

Don’t do that, you will get in trouble. :open_mouth:

What I have done, and continue to do is carry a barcode for an item of interest and scan that at the checkout for price BEFORE I turn the store upside down looking for stock. :wink:

No sense in wasting time if it’s not on clearance

I checked the fan switch centers at the home depots we went to today, and at the second one…

I FOUND AN ALMOND!!! YAAAAY!!!
And, YES, IT WAS 1¢!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :bigsmile: :smiley: :bigsmile:

YAAAY MY VERY FIRST 1¢ ITEM!!!

But that’s not all………
At the next home depot……

I FOUND ANOTHER ONE THERE!!!

YAYYY TWO PENNY ITEMS IN A ROW!!! :smiley: :smiley: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :smiley:

Pics

It’s leaded! (that means it has leads (wires) coming out the back, instead of screws or holes where you connect the wires directly to the device). I like leaded devices. (“lead” is pronounced leed, as in leader. Not lead, as in the metal.)
You can see the capacitors inside through the holes. Do you know how a fan control switch works? It uses metalized-film capacitors to limit the inrush current. Dimmer switches use a triac chip to chop up the wave.

Who do you think makes these wire connectors? :wink:

I wonder why Home Depot is discontinuing the Lutron light-almond Toggler fan control switch. Their collection of switches would be incomplete! Maybe the light almond ones were very unpopular.

What does Home Depot do with discontinued items that they pull from the shelves? Send them back to the manufacturer? Donate to ReStore? Recycle them? Throw them in the garbage? :open_mouth:

BTW… This isn’t an item on clearance but rather it’s a good deal.
Push-in wire connectors at Home Depot are cheaper than twist-on wire connectors, in the packs of 100.
Here is the Ideal 3-port connector; it is $6.48 for a pack of 100. That’s $0.0648 each.

Here’s the 4-port. $7.48 for 100; $0.0748 per connector.

Compare that to the tan Twister. $9.97 for a pack of 100; that’s $0.0997 per connector, almost $0.10.

And the red Wing Nut. $10.97 for 100; $0.1097 per connector.

How neat is that? This new technology that is easy and quick and reliable, is CHEAPER than the old technology that has been used for many years. I wonder why. These connectors are more complicated inside and I suppose are more difficult to manufacture. This is a good deal! :bigsmile:

Unless you buy larger quantities of twisters or wing nuts, in which each connector is cheaper.

Today I found 3 more of these at my home town HD.

What’s really strange though is that 2 weeks ago I alerted the price change guy at my store that they were still there (there were about 15 of them) and that they would ring up at a penny. I watched as he pulled them. Why did I warn him? Because occasionally when I run into him, he will ask if he “missed” anything. On this item he missed both the penny price AND the 5.53 price. They were still marked at 8.96. Anyways, with all the gutsy moves and confrontations I have with checkout people, clerks and managers, I have to have a pure heart. No cheating or underhanded stuff, it’s the only way I can be comfortable with all of this. He asked, and I told him the truth.
What was really strange is that 2 weeks ago I watched him pull them ALL, then 2 weeks later 3 suddenly appear on the rack. Where they came from, I don’t know. I had to wait 2 days though as the self checkouts were closed until Saturday.
So even though I gave up getting 15 or so, I was still able to get these 3. I also found 1 each at 2 other stores.

I first bought one of these at NAPA a few weeks ago.
They were 6 something. Since then I have been watching these at HD as they have been on clearance. Today they hit the “3” price

At least around here HD has brought in their HUSKY line of containers. All of the Plano brand containers have gone on clearance. They have just been reduced to the “3” price. Not all stores still have them, it seems only the stores that had not changed the price on the clearance stickers.
This store had a few of each size, they had not updated the prices to reflect the further reduction. No doubt that is why they were still there. I knew better and brought them up to scan.
BTW, these containers are no only good for storing flashlight parts, they are also an excellent temporary place to put parts from a disassembled light as you work on it. If you should not be able to finish the project in one sitting, at least all the parts will be in one place.

The 14” container marked at the reduced price of 4.56 went for 1.53
The 11” container scanned at 1.33
and the smallest container with 2 different clearance prices actually scanned for 1.03
I also got the UV flashlight for 2.73 marked down from 10.47.

Also on clearance were these HUSKY 1/2” drive sockets. 10 piece set with the largest socket at 15/16ths inch Originally 22.97 with a markdown to 18.06, then down to 5.83. On this display they didn’t remove the older markdown sticker.

If, a month from now or so you see any of these items in a HD, there is a chance that they will ring up for a penny.

Thanks for all the alerts dcho. I see an early departure for work tomorrow morning. I need more organizeration.

Nice

I'll have to try to get to a HD soon.