Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

I worked at HD for a while. Every manager I worked under was very proactive about clearing out the “penny” items. They came up on a report each day to be cleared out, and my managers would run the report a day early so there was virtually no chance of finding one unless it fell down in a crack somewhere. Even then the cashiers are told to not let the customer out the door with it if they can.

All that to say: I’m jealous of you guys.

Your managers must run all the stores around me.

there are pixi LED ceiling panels on clearance in socal. 189 retail marked down to 48.03 for the 2x2’ led panels. the colors are 4000k and 2700k. the commercial electric ones go for about $99 regular price.

This penny hunting is not that easy! I went yesterday to one of the HDs in town, one I have not pilfered yet. I found 3 pairs of Milwaukee pliers they were on the rack but there was a newer version of the same plier out. In theory they should have been a penny, when I walked up the the SCO and attempted to check out, they wouldn’t ring up and it notified the associate. He was bewildered and wanted to know where I found them, so I showed him. I said since they won’t ring up does that mean they are free, jokingly. He had to call the tool manager and they wouldn’t sell me the pliers and gave me another pair(the new model) which I declined.

Also every store I have went into the MET team is there walking around scanning stuff, I also tried checking clearance stock on the in store PCU and found very little. Either it has become increasingly difficult to find deals or this isn’t a good time of the year for clearance, I’m not sure.

I have a few items I am keeping an eye on to see what happens to them, we need some new patio furniture and they just went on clearance so I will keep an eye on them.

I have 5 HDs near me that are pretty busy stores so I would’ve assumed there would be more deals to be found. Their clearance sections are not that impressive.

Dchomak must have some unique stores, or I am not very good at this and need a new hobby, lol.

Those pliers were probably too old to be a penny. A couple of months ago they would have been. You have the right idea I how it’s done.
BTW, last week I was in a store that just had the crew go through nd scanned the store that morning. I was still able to find 2 items at a penny. They were just too lazy to go get them to check
You are right though, it is harder right after they do the store. It is done about four times a year. Even so starting the next day more stuff is going to a penny, and so it goes.

I am traveling this week and I was in one store that had four LED under cabinet lights marked at $60.06 But when I brought them up to scan they were too old and came up as item not found. What a bummer. Had I been there the month before I would have scored

I found a pile of those lights you’re talking about, I’ve seen them on here or another forum. They were old dusty and tattered boxes. I brought them up to scan and they rang up FULL price? I have seen quite a few items do this, not sure if they attach the old SKU with the new one? Who knows, I’m sure after black friday and christmas we will be able to find tons of “deals” lol.

I found a ryobi 2200 watt inverter generator that just went on clearance that I will be watching closely! I know where several are in different stores and only 1 store has marked them down so far.

I am again in Ohio and found these items at HD’s on the way that were too old to be a penny.
This store had 4 of these LED strip lights.

Some other stuff that was too old “item not found”
This store in NY had scanners in the isles, had I brought this up to the self checkout it would have chocked the terminal and I would have seen the “see attendent” message.

There were others along the trip that I didn’t get shots of.
Had I been to this store last month, all of these would still have been at a penny
Here are some successful finds. down on the bottom shelf of a clearance endcap I found these. They are edgewise in the box.

Can’t tell what they are? Here are 3 more at another store hanging on a hook at a clearance endcap.
The blue package center top marked at $15.00, Artic Cove

The same store had 4 Clearance displays all in a row.

3 of them had nothing at a penny, but the 4th one was full of penny stuff.

Notice I had put down the 3 Artic Cove items on top to shoot this pictute. Look closely and you will see 2 items that look almost the same. One has a sticker marked at $14.06 and to the right there is one marked at $12.97. The $12.97 item is the replacement for the older $14.06 item that had actually gone to a penny a month ago. They look so similar that an employee actually made the mistake of placing the non clearance version in the clearance bin alongside of the ones meant for clearance.
The replacement item is a combination USB charging cable with connectors for the Apple Lightning connector and a micro USB
The clearance item contains both of those ports plus the older, obsolete Apple connector.

Here is a clearance table oddly enough, placed in between the battery station and the self checkouts. Easy to over look.

And it seems it was overlooked by the store as it contained loads of penny items. Everything in the box and more was a penny.

I FINALLY found a “Happy Light” Several times I found the sticker and an empty shelf where they were. Up until now I didn’t even know what they were. I always thought I missed out on something not getting one. 10 cents on the dollar! After finally seeing one, I am happy I didn’t get one.

This store had the crew of 25 pulling penny items, anybody recognize any in this shopping cart?

On this one trip I found 46 penny items.

Now, here are some other “normal” deals I saw.

Tub on the left, the blue one is $3.97. The tub on the right, the green one is $1.90 at most stores IF you can find them.

A lot of stores have pennied them out (I never have found any). And a very few stores have them at 99 cents. If I can find a store priced at 99 cents I can get a refund on the ones I bought at $1.90

My finds today

I’m watching those power inverters like a hawk. They only have about 6 of them.
The led worklights are brand new this week. They were not there last saturday despite the older BOD

That lopper is worth it, i bought it on clearance here in Canada last year, $23.46 i believe, tried it out a few months ago, ate through branches like a hot knife through butter

The 2 near me in Houston do not have any penny deals, NOTHING!!!

That hurts! I already realized I should have got one when I had the chance. I have a feeling I will miss out on this deal.

I thought you got it which is why you posted the pic

I have just started seeing them around too. Notice the “6” price is $3 cheaper around here.

Yesterday at a HD in Ohio that is near where I am staying SHUT DOWN the self checkout AS I WALKED up to it with some stuff to price check. They told me the cashier on duty would be happy to look up the prices for me. :rage:
That particular store does such little business that I just don’t know how they stay open. There is never anyone in there, and there are only a few employees working. The store is as neat as a pin and hardly ever has any penny deals.

Later on I will post about some interesting encounters I have had at self checkouts lately. :slight_smile:

Today I was in “Busy Beaver” store. they are a regional Home Improvement chain in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I like them for their prices on interior trim and they often haves stuff not found at HD or Lowes. Today it was to pick up some 5/4 Pine boards for window sills.
While I was in the store I saw this display!

HDX Gloves in Busy Beaver! Those HDX gloves went on clearance recently at HD and were pulled before they hit a “6” or “3” price. Now we know where some of that stuff goes!

Saw those artic blue rags this am, they were not a penny yet. I looked on my way to work this am.

I found 3 of those chargers(the older version) and a few of those artic blue rags and they all rang up for clearance price not a penny yet.

If anyone gets that inverter for a penny post ASAP, I saw quite a few of them in the stores near me, one store has a pallet in the overhead with dozens on it.

I also found another set of tiny channellock wire cutters, a new model has came out, but the old ones rang up full price!

This penny game is not easy at all! I dont have the luxury of price checkers in the store! I have to run up to the SCO every time, which makes me look suspicious. Is there any workaround for checking the price?

I want to post this a soon as possible. In some stores, the B+D stuff and the CAT stuff has hit the “3” price. I grabbed some of the 2A waterproof chargers and the 1000W CAT inverters. I also found some Battery Tender Lithium jump starters and power banks which seem similiar to the B+D ones I scored 6 or 8 months ago.

On the 1000W invertor, one store was out but I found 2 at another.

These are the power packs, upon first look they seem about equivalent to the B+D units. I will tear one down tonight and have a look see.
This unit also has a little worklight and a USB port for charging phones etc.

39.8 Watt-Hours. Could be 6, 2A 18650’s inside. We shall see. $19.03 is a buck less than I paid for the B+D unit. (which I like very Much)

Interesting, didn’t see any in the clearance section the other day but those are nice enough that I might have to go search the store.

There is also a 1000A CAT jump starter out there, I haven’t come across one at the 3 price yet. It was origianlly posted by Bc412 and the price at the time was $112.06. It should go to about $38.03 or there abouts.
This pic from Bc412’s post

I wounder how they are getting 1000A out of lithium cells? Must be a butt load of them in there!

Made a run at my store. The CAT stuff is all gone. they must have hit a lower price. The B&D chargers are still $23.

I did see the deal of a lifetime! HD has the Atomic Beam flashlight for $19.99 special buy. Try to stay calm fellas!