Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

It’s a BIG unit. Here is a shot of 2 of them I snapped a couple of weeks ago on a clearance table, upper left corner. For scale, here is the 2A B+D charger in my hand. There is also one of those on the table to give you an idea of size.
I would LOVE to get a hold of one of those!

What a bummer, I’m as bummed out as you are.
However, I think I will make a trip to my local store tonight. It’s only about 4 miles away.
I WANT ONE OF THOSE 1000A (2000A peak) JUMP STARTERS!

I don’t see an easy way to take the “Battery Tender” jump starter apart. Here are some pics though………….
The unit itself and in the background is the included 12V mobile charger.

And as an added bonus, it comes with a carry pouch :slight_smile:

And I almost forgot, this being a flashlight forum after all, here is a shot of the included light.

I am going to guess 50 lumens, enough to see your car battery to hook it up.
I am in the process of charging it up. I want to time the 2A discharge thru the USB port.

You’re presuming it actually delivers 1000A. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re probably ‘Chinese Amps’ to go along with the ‘Chinese Lumens’ in the light :smiley:

Phil

My local store in MI had most of these items, at full price on the shelves in the automotive section of the store. I guess the clearances are regional.

I did get a USB O2COOL fan for $2.83 so my trip wasn’t for nothing. They had a bunch of them, but I wanted to buy one to test before buying more. It’s pretty chintzy. Pulls 0.09A on the low setting and 0.17A on the high FWIW.

I need to pick up some paint …hopefully they will have 100’s of penny items all laid out for me .

Yeah, I did one of my in-store tests and forgot to post it.

I just got back from my local store, 9PM, and no luck on any CAT stuff. The employee KNEW what I was looking for and said he was watching that stuff too. He, like I, missed out at that store.

While I was there I did find one bargain. Here is a before and after pic.

I am placing one next to where I store my 18650’s

Here is a new flashlight at HD. It does contain a genuine CREE emitter. None of this Lattice Bright crap at HD!
Of course the light is rather boring. Maybe a Ryobi fanboy would like it. When it goes on clearance at about $2.53 I would get one just for the fun of it.

Today I found 2 more of the flat HDMI cables that were so old they were past the penny price, “item not found”
I brought them up to customer service and explained it all and offered $2 each. They gave them to me for free, saving me 2 cents!

Later at another store I found 2 of these remotes that rang up for a penny. This pic is from 2 weeks ago when all the stores had them at $2.83.

As I left the store, just through the exit door, I looked down and found 3 pennies laying on the sidewalk. As I picked them up I realized I just netted a penny and 2 remotes on that deal, beating my free deal earlier. :smiley:

Thats incredible, i have never seen fire extinguishers go on a big discount like this in my life in these parts. Just the 12.88 regular price would be a fire extinguisher deal of a lifetime here (the cheapest is $20ish on a great sale)

That is hilarious :smiley:

Looks like I’m going to HD again on my way to work. All 4 stores near me are tough to find deals. I got a dewalt tap handle for a penny a few days ago. The MET team has been in all 4 stores every time I’ve been in there. I’m almost positive they are always there. The tool guy knows me now at one store and kinda stalks me a little. lol I’m easy to spot, I’m a RN and wear green scrubs and stop at HD on way to work a few times a week. DCH your posts help a lot thanks for taking the time to write them out !!

Update

None of those inverters or power packs are on sale at the store I stopped in this Am. They have a ton of them though all 3 DCH posted so maybe they’ll go on sale soon.

I did grab 3 penny deals, those ryobi phone works laser levels. Grabbed 3 and a stud finder that rang up for 7.48 which ill probably return. I assumed it would be a penny and had already rang up 2 of the levels. I didn’t see an option to void an item at the SCO without calling an associate so I went ahead and bought it. They had those little camera/scopes too but they rang up 99$ so back they went.

The MET team was there this am too, same guys I’ve seen every time… They are pretty good at their job too. There was about 15of those under the cabinet led lights on a rack last week at the 3 price, I planned on getting a few today for a penny, but they were gone.

The round energizer emergency lanterns are back. They are on sale for the original price of around 18 bucks.

Weather ready 360 area light. I got a picture that I will try to link later.

I also got a picture of the “Atomic Beam Tactical” / G700 / SK98 knock-off for the low, low price of $19.88!

Same here in Columbia, SC. I didn't haul any to the front to confirm though.

I did, I saw a stack of them and was about to go get a buggy and load up! But decided I would take one up first and check it. Full price… Maybe soon!

For those that find that the CAT stuff is still full price, consider these discounts as a sign of things to come.
“will be coming to your area soon”
Today I went to a few other HD’s looking specifically for CAT stuff. The first store I came to I spotted 2 big CAT battery chargers in the lower right hand corner of this picture.

The price on the sticker was 112.06, discounted from 149.98, but they rang up for $38.03 :slight_smile:

The lady at the self checkout was VERY skeptical of me at first and really put me thru the wringer. She re-scanned and rescanned, entered the model number in separately and every time came up with the same price, $38.03. After she was fully satisfied THAT was the price she checked inside on box that had been opened. Presumably looking for other foreign objects inside. Then when she finally decided that EVERYTHING was legit, she started pulling ALL clearance tags off. There were “$149.98”, $119.00, and $112.06. I offered to help with the peeling of tags but she told me she wouldn’t want the security camera recording me doing that. After that was done, and it took awhile, she was FINALLY ready to help me checkout.
After I paid, she told me that 2 managers were going to hear about this. Not about me, but about the fact these 2 chargers were not marked down to the current clearance price.
Here they are sitting in the back seat of my car.

I went to a couple of other stores but never saw any others. I did find 3 more of the CAT 1000W inverters though. Here are 2 of them in my cart. Notice that they didn’t have the current clearance price on them. They rang up for $23.03. Also in the cart is a 500W B+D inverter marked at $38.06, but it rangup for $13.03. I saw a few more of those today, but only got that one.

This store had one more of the 1000W inverter. They were no clearance stickers of any kind on this one but the shelf in the lower left corner had the price of $23.03

Here’s all 5 inverters that I found yesterday and today in my trunk. 3 of the 5 are already spoken for among my friends, and I only spoke to 2! :wink:

While I was out, I bought a lot of phone works tools along with the carry cases. Why would I buy so many??

I was waiting for that phone works stuff to penny out. I saw a few of the cases the other day but the MET team must’ve got them before me. I’m going to check another store in AM for inverters. Thanks again for posting all this stuff!

At one of the HD’s I saw a display of the fire extinguishers marked at $12.88

They scanned at $12.88 too

However and a different HD in the same local area I found 1 and only 1 of them on the clearance endcap marked at $3.33
Roughly center of pic.

Those B+D and Battery Tender jump starter kits I think are being moved out to be replaced by these. This is a smaller unit and I saw a whole display of them up front in the main aisle of the store

I found the B&D battery tenders they are at the 6 price here. I stopped at another store on my way to work the AM. I didn’t have to much time to hunt because this store is a little bit out of the way. The one I normally hit I have to drive by it into work.
There was about 8 on the rack and in the tool section there were more on pallets. Also a bunch of the CAT stuff but it’s showing a “new lower price” which I presume they will start to clearance out soon.

Your stores have a bunch more displays than mine, there aren’t any of those big yellow boxes in mine nor any tables. The 4 around me are big stores and they are high volume stores. Not sure why ones in CT would be better than FL?

This is still all a mystery, I didn’t think the MET teams were store based, I was under the impression they covered a region, but as I said before they seem to be in every store every day! The clearance racks are all neat and tidy, I have found the penny deals in other areas not on the racks!

I looked for more phone works gear today too and it’s nowhere to be found. I am determined to figure this game out…

I

Absolutely thrilled I found the B&D battery chargers for $7 each! The price was still marked $22 but I had an employee price check and they were at $7. She actually got a thrill out of it and price checked a whole bunch of other things for me. Nice to see some enthusiasm for us bargain hunters.

The 50 cent degreaser is a huge deal! It says it is a “substitute for simply green”. I’m going back in the morning to buy a lifetime supply, as well as getting 2 more of the B&D chargers.

The Rock-it Stainless steel cleaner is great also. We have stainless appliances so this will actually get used. They also had a rock-it brand wood cleaner that I may pick up tomorrow.

Otherwise the clearance rack was pretty boring today. All the LED shop lights are long gone, all the CAT products are long gone. Only items of interest were a few high end Klein electricians tools that just arrived ($50+), and the Estwing double bit axe is at $30 marked down from $39.99 that will go down a step anytime so I will be grabbing them soon! Other than that just the usual endless supply of light bulbs and ceiling fans.

I use that HDX green degreaser. Awhile back I got a deal on some gallon jugs with an included spray bottle. Wasn’t as good a deal as yours though. In other cleaning news, the Brillo 10 pack pads just went to a penny………

I found another CAT 40A charger, upper left corner of this pic. On this same endcap was also a penny deal. A package of 3 white, 15A GFI’s. Over the last several months I have found lots of GFI’s, but never a 3 pack for a penny.

Can’t believe the signs. The CAT was stickered at $119.00 but rang up for $38.03, the 3 pack of GFI’s was on the “25%” off shelf but rang up for a penny :slight_smile:
Can anyone spot the GFI’s?
Also these Linksys Powerline 200’s were a penny also. There were a total of 4.