How did we do? (FastTech.com)

It looks like it is different one.
At least mine does not have any adhesive, just shrink-to-fit.
Let´s see, I think it was this one: 2M-10M 18650 18500 Battery Wrap 29.5MM Wide Φ18.5MM Dia. PVC Heat Shrink Tubing | eBay

Might as well get a meter or two from Fasttech to see how it works…

Yes, i will do with my next order.

There is a positive review, are dirty cheap, sure worth a try.

I have tried the AA/14500 size from FT (and I have AAA and 18650 sizes too). It works well. I cut it about 1.5mm too long on the negative end and 2mm too long on the positive end. I used a lighter under the cell about 4” away at first to apply heat, moving closer and quicker to avoid meltiness. Some say a hair dryer on high will do the tick too; sounds safer, but I like fire :wink:

Placed my first order with Fasttech @ 02/17/13, shipped next day via Singapore post I even got a picture of the package :smiley:
Now let’s see how fast it will travel :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s good.

Could you post a shot ?

Thanks GottaZoom, that’s pretty much what I did. Saved me from doing pics :slight_smile:
I tried an 18650 last night too. I left the Neg end too short but it still worked fine.
Great stuff for repairing cells with damaged wrap.

I recently ordered an EA4 and received it in 7 days. This was my first item purchaced from fasttech and all I can say is that I am very impressed. I have never gotten anything from China that fast…it even had a tracking number.

Thanks !

Finally received my EA4W today, about 10 mins ago. Fasttech mailed it out the same day as my order with tracking and a picture of the package (Kudos to FT :slight_smile: ). Tracking says it hit the HK post facility the first business day after on Feb 4th…. where, perhaps as a sign of the low volume of mail to Canada, it proceeded to sit around for the next 9 days :_( (till there was enough stuff headed this way?). It apparently hit my shores on the 16th and cleared the customs in an amazing 1 day (almost on the level of there being an alien conspiracy where our customs office has been replaced) before being delivered today.

Package itself was annoyingly slightly crushed, but not enough to effect the contents. I’ve heard a lot about the compact size of it, but once in hand it’s really something to behold given what I expected from 4xaa.
There was a slight anomaly in that my light was packaged with the old version of the instruction, as evidenced by the instruction to press the button 3x fast to exit lockout. I heard they replaced these in lights newer than December (?) and my brother who bought one at the same time (linked it to him) got one with the new manual. Seens odd since it should be from the same batch, since prior to the day of our purchases they were oos (there’s a white sticker with with Jan 31 on it as well). To my annoyance he received his stateside the same day mine was leaving HK |( . I’ll chalk it up to them having excess older manuals and being cheap about tossing them (or I got old stock, psychologically I just prefer to hope its the former in case there were any tweaks or improvements)

The light itself has no sign of any external defects or damage, unscrewed the threads were well lubed but oddly gritty and the anodization had come off in spots along the leading first couple turns. Not serious, but I wasn’t expecting that; I cleaned off the thread and wiped off as much of the lube as I could then relubed it with pfpe grease. Seemed ok after that and from a quick test things seem to be functioning, but I can’t give it a real test till another time.

So far fasttech has done a great job. Fast to process and ship, tracking was sent promptly and there was a photo of the package (I think I might opt to upgrade to a box if buying an expensive item again, though might that cut both ways since customs might decide to waste time with it), and all at an unbeatable price. So long as no issue crops up with the light I’m happy with my purchase.

I got mine yesterday, very nice. Mine has the crooked bezel, aesthetic only. It is a very compact light. I was expecting bigger. Very bright though.
I upgraded my packing to the $1 box (it is still a $50 light after all). The light and its box were mint; no damage. I recommend the box upgrade if you want the original item’s package to be intact, or for higher priced items.

Please make a picture of the box, never seen something with the upgraded shipping

Here you go:

EA4W package wrapped in bubble wrap (center), most likely that way on the storage shelf (SKU sticker on the outside of wrap). Then an extra layer of wrap applied (left), then all of that inside the shipping box, which was completely covered in packing tape.
Basically a triple-layered waterproof package. For more expensive items, this is definitely the way to go. I think it’s $1 per item so best to break out those high-risk items as separate orders.

Looks like the most Chinese packages.
If someone posts a picture from a fasttech ea4 without this option it would be perfect to compare
Is it normally sent in a normal envelope?

Yeah, mine was.

Just two layers of bubble wrap, a large padded envelope/bag and in the original box. No damage though.

Yup, it would have been wrapped, then placed in a bubble mailer. I wanted the box to be in decent shape when I got it, since I might gift this light someday.
If all you want is the light intact, the standard package should be fine.

and how do you upgrade to additional packing?

P.S. One question gor Jasmine (Fasttech): if I make a request for some product to be added to assortment how long would I have to wait for that to happen (ofcourse if you decide to offer that product)? Thanks

It’s an option during check out. You may have to expand the options.

Oh yes, I see it now :slight_smile: thanks

Yeah I quite agree that the box is a well worth the upgrade for anything of reasonable value, I didn’t see it till I went through the checkout for a different item though. I’ll be using the option the next time I buy something valuable.
Probably won’t do it for small orders, unless they’re fragile or I want pristine item packaging, though since the combination of bubble mailer and item packaging is usually protective enough for durable items.

Also wanna give a word of encouragement to fasttech for the direction they’re developing their business. Having good policies, range of options and customer service makes a big difference to me in keeping me interested in the bargains and range of items you guys carry (both of which are also important of course). Having these assurances make it a lot easier to buy non essential items (arguably lights can be but even then they don’t die fast yet we still get new ones :wink: ) and recommend your store for this sort of stuff. Hope you keep up the good work. :beer: