How do you carry all the "edc" stuff that you carry?

That gray bag cost me a hefty 14 bucks! It is worth it though. I can fit my biggest edc bag in there too!. I usually find that just one of my edc bags and a bottle of water is enough for general purpose. I dont like sling bags past about 5 lbs or so as it gets too heavy. I make edc bags for fun throughout the years. I’ve gone from 14lb bags down to 9lb down to 7lbs and now down to about 4lbs and the lightest functional one being about 3 lbs and 9 ounces. Its a progress of change and environments and time so as you can imagine as with any hobby you always look for more efficient things as the years go by. If youre interested heres a list of what I carry in that edc bag inside the grey bag.

Signaling devices

1. Yaesu Vx1r micro dual band 2m & 70cm HT
2. 1x Reflecting mirror
3. 1x whistle – Ferros Rod Combo *

Water

4. Hydroblue water filter and addition filter
5. Roll up waterproof bag 1L

Shelter

6. 1x Mylar Space blanket

Fire Starting

7. Matches and fire starters in plastic container
8. 1x whistle – ferros rod combo * same as # 3 on this list
9. 1x Bic lighter

Building Materials

10. Ducktape
11. Small zip ties
12. 25ft of 95lbs single strand paracord cordage
13. 10ft of 550 lb paracord.
14. 24 ft of 275lb paracord

Lighting tools

15. Olight i5t 1 x AA nimh light
16. Nitecore nu17 headlamp
17. Olight I 1r2 eos rechargeable keychain light
18. Refyne P1 Penlight combo

Cutting Tools and Multitool Knives

19. Leatherman Style CS
20. Leatherman Rebar
21. Kbar Dozer Full tang knife
22. Nail clipper big

Writing Device

23. Refyne P1 penlight Combo Listed in # 18

Navigation Devices

24. 2x compass ( Air dampened)

Medical and Toiletry

25. 1x mini Boo-boo kit (small personal first aid) (front pouch)
26. 1x Handkerchief
27. 1x tooth brush (front pouch)
28. 1x Purell hand sanitizer (attached to outside)
29. 1x Ziplock bag with TP (Not shown, but in front pouch)
30. Safety pins
31. 1x Lip balm
32. Sewing kit inside vial with needles and thread.

Electronics

33. 1x ULG Ultralast 2xAA solar usb battery bank
34. 1x Renogy 2500mah li-ion battery bank
35. 1x dc to 5v usb cable for vx 1r
36. 1 x Micro usb cable for phone, Nu 17, I 1r2eos, and refyne p1 penlight combo
37. 1x Usb-C cable

Radio Accessories

38. 1x Sma dual band whip antenna ( for receiving mainly)
39. 1x SMA to BNC adapter
40. 1x BNC to So-239 adapter

Containers Misc

41. Ziplock bags
Misc items
42. Paperclips various sizes
43. 1 x Small condensed towel
44. Container with 3x fishing hooks

Food

45. 1x Small Airheads candy bar
46. 1x Lemon powdered sugar packet

These items may change based on time of year and environment etc etc…

In case you’re still looking - OneTigris.
I have a Border Collie, a Welsh Collie and a Labrador. Each has their own MOLLE harness from 1TG (different models), and they’re fantastic. Pouches are fully swappable with my own kit, too.

They are pretty cool (not that I’d use the molle etc), and actually very reasonably priced I’d say. In general a good harness is quite an expense, these however are not.
My only worry would be where the lead clips on, if that’s aluminium I cant see it lasting long with a big dog, especially if your lead clip is metal, which 99% of the time they are - the rubbing of the 2 would wear out quite fast I’d imagine used a couple of times a day. If you don’t use a lead, then no worries at all. Perhaps you could test it with a magnet to confirm it’s material? :+1:
Good find though. :+1:

I don’t have to - If you scroll down their product pages, they usually give detailed stats.

For example, on the page for one of mine:

• Stainless Steel D-ring, Pull Strength: Tested at 176lb/80kg
  • UTX Duraflex® Buckle, Pull Strength: Tested at 143lb/65kg

In truth, it’s a moot point for me as our laws here still require a dog to have a collar with ID tags on at all times in public. It’s thus far easier to just clip the lead to that, as normal.

But yes, they’re excellent harnesses and ‘tactical vests’. I find the MOLLE comes in very handy, especially as mine are working breeds and love having things to do, like carrying their own water and treats.
The Velcro loops are great for patches, especially ones that tell others which ones can be petted and which to leave alone.

I use a small handbag. Currently a Timbuk2 Macy Bag, but it’s really a bit too small. For several years, I used a Timbuk2 Cargo Tote Bag (size Small), similar to the Macy bag but a litter bigger, but it’s starting to fall apart, so I’ve switched to my Macy bag for the time being. Both of these models are long-discontinued, sadly.

This is the small Cargo Tote. The Macy looks more or less the same, but even smaller and without the shoulder strap attachments. I can just about barely fit my 2020 Apple iPad with a Brydge keyboard.

Murse is a ridiculous word. I call it a ‘mag’!

But pockets still rule. Been using these for about a year now:

I really like the upper back pockets for my phone and maybe a knife.

Still wearing minimalist cotton shorts as the hip/leg is still somewhat touchy. This means my EDC regime is crippled as well, as cargo shorts are not back in. So, all day, 13MaxPro in left pocket, WE Nexusia in right pocket, primary key ring with pill fobs and Ti pry bar hanging on waistband inside shorts to left of center, armament to right of center.

Nite Alpha on SS band lately.

Add wallet to knife pocket if going out. Hang additional car key with fob inside waistband as appropriate.

Some morning walks get a belt added to carry more firepower. Variable as the walk intensity and direction changes.

So far my new hip has 510 miles on it. :grin:

1 Thank

I don’t carry a phone, so that saves a lot of space and weight. I have a keychain knife and light with my keys in one pocket, and my wallet in the other. Watch on my wrist. I’m a simple man, this is all I require.

2 Thanks

i bought a slim admin pack from 5.11 and attached 4 plactic waist clips from aliexpress to the molle system at the back so i now effectively have a concealed apendix carry wisttpack…
there’s car keys, house keys, card holder, backup flashlight (pokelit aa) and some cash…
i carry main flashlight (ts10) and a folding knive either in my pockets for fast access or on a waist band around the admin pack for more concealed carry and less pocket bulges… phone is always in my pocket either in pants or in jacket…
phone, knife and main flashlight are this way always on me even if don’t have the admin pack attached…
also any oversized t-shirt, shirt, hoodie or anything i wear doesn’t get crumpled by wearing fanny pack on my chest like i used to and it’s even harder to pickpocket me… (i always have one hand in the pocket holding the phone)

This is the pouch that I use for my current smart phone…
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095BWWX3G
It’s extremely nice and lightweight.
It says that it’s made for women, but that doesn’t bother me as a guy. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT:
If you don’t need an “extra large” smart phone pouch, you can find cheaper, but smaller, pouches if you search for:
OneJoy neoprene pouch
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=OneJoy&rh=n%3A2407760011&ref=nb_sb_noss
on Amazon. :+1:

1 Thank

Helikon-tex SERE POUCH:

Inside there will usually be a pen, a sharpie, a lighter, BT earbuds, vaping paraphernalia, a diffuser for the D4V2, a USB stick and type-C to type A host adaptor.

Trouser pockets take the phone, Victorinox knife and wallet though the latter consists of like 4 cards and a Swisscard held together with an elastic band.

1 Thank

That’s a nice setup. Do you know if that admin pack is still a current offering on their web site?

1 Thank

Thanks, i don’t know i bought it through an official reseller in slovakia aprox 6 months ago… i believe it’s called “flex admim pouch”

1 Thank

I try to keep all the stuff I actually EDC every day to what fits in medium trouser pockets (keys with small multitool, phone, wallet, light, 2-3 masks, situationally pepper spray), but usually actually end up carrying more (1-3 more lights, charger, powerbank, hand sanitiser, larger multitool, N95 or better masks, etc.) - purses are the best.

1 Thank

I’ve looked far and wide and still continue to search for the perfect EDC bag- Best I have found so far and carry every day is the Vanquest Mobius 2.0.
Great bag but I hope to find better one day…

I have been wearing cargo shorts for all my life. I need to have a light, knife, phone and my wallet on my, no excuses.

Over the years I moved from baggy army/security type pants to more streamlined versions. Summer and winter my main pants/shorts are Helikon UTP.
The wife is ok with it, but she probably just accepted the fact over the many years we have been together.

This is what I prefer (just an example image of the pants)

1 Thank

Purse. Or purses. One to use around the house, another for outside. Designs chosen based on sturdiness, capacity, organization, security, and aesthetics.

I got sick of purses wearing out, so I’ve mostly settled on models made entirely of denim or canvas or other similarly-sturdy materials, so it’ll last longer. Internal organization is important, but I’m not a fan of internal bits built out of thin, cheap fabric which tears open or shreds after a couple months. That stuff needs to be sturdy too.

A torch generally gets clipped onto my purse in a spot where it hides under a flap but is still easy to access without opening anything. Or clipped onto my clothing or kept in a pocket if I’m wearing something compatible that day.

1 Thank

Regular shorts in Miami:

EagleTac D25C Ti. clicky in a front pocket with a pack of gum.

Wallet and a couple of folded paper towels in a back pocket.
iPhone 10xMax and a tissue the other front pocket.

SAK SwissChamp in Zermatt holster on my belt.

Ruger LCP2 .380 in a back pocket.

Keychain clipped to the opposite belt loop.

I’m good to go.

Chris

1 Thank

All that I truly EDC is the basic stuff of leaving the house - keyrings, phone, pocketknife, wallet. Keyring flashlights are pretty basic - Lumintop EDC01, RovyVon A5, Surefire Sidekick - and I routinely have two (one for housekey + accoutrements, another for each of my vehicles) on me. Pants pockets are wonderful things.

Backpacks (work, makerspace) have … a variety … of AA lights: a ~2010 Fenix, Manker Mk41, Thrunite Archer 2A between them. Work bag has one - probably the Fenix. The makerspace bag used to see more use and also sported Fenix HL55 and/or Olight H2R, but I’m not involved as much any more - fewer car repairs, sticking my head up into drop ceilings, and swapping out T12 floros for T8 mains-driven LED tubes.

I probably need to re-rationalize the backpack, vehicles, go bag sets. Maybe once Costco starts carrying Energizer Li AAs again I’ll splurge on another decades’ worth and find a deal on the ideal 1xAA for standby/utility usage - hopefully an angle light I can procure good headbands for.

1 Thank

Why not Eneloops?