How many lights do you carry?

I tend to rotate my lights, be it every few days or weekly……………no rules for me. Most on me tend to be no bigger than 16340 flavour due to me finding it a good happy medium for size/output and run time(love 16340 lights for edc). AAA just dont cut it other than key chain for me.

Always with me on my keys

Sometimes gets swapped for one of

Pocket/coat pocket
v11r with a nichia 219C inside, infinite control ring UI just works well, dial up/down on the go without all that clicking to find the mode. Flip side, it never seems the “perfect” light amount, so always needing tweaking.

Or

Some other little EDC lights i rotate, still today the d25c ti is a fav

Around the house(yes my coffee table often looks like…………….

Once the boss gets used to the mess……………it becomes the norm :smiley:

I like variety, i do have favs but i still swap about, even for cooler tints just to break stuff up…………variety is the spice of light
Work edc………….well i have a few, these tend to be the most used 3

Mainly i dont have more than a couple of lights on me at one time.

2xAAA LEGO’d penlight in pocket (PF04 tube + IYP365 head). If I’m dressing up, or otherwise want a smaller/lower profile pocket light, it’s a Lumintop Worm (Brass/Nichia) instead.

Work bag (basically goes with me whenever I go out) contains BLF-A6 & BLF-348, plus others (usually Skilhunt H15) if traveling.
Flashlight on smartphone, if that counts, plus backup battery for smartphone in work bag.

Plus a few more in each car, of course! :smiley:

CooYoo quantum on my keychain
L3 Illumination L10 in my pants pocket
18650 tube light (convoy, ultrafire) or p60 light (solarforce, ultrafire) or C8 in my backpack
Supfire M6 in my car during winter, no light during summer coz it’s too hot inside the car.

YMMV but I’d be wary of that NiteIze krab - I bought one and on it’s first proper outing my house key came off it. Whilst I was in the middle of a muddy field, at night.
Fortunately I had a tritium keyring attached to my house key as all I could see was reflections of dew until I turned the lights off - then I was able to spot my keys.

In short - I’ll never trust NiteIze krabs again.

On the OP however:

Keyring: Jet II MK.
EDC (currently): Mi7.
On daysack (because I refuse to throw it away) - Tube.
Car: UF501B and Aurora WF-600.
Work: Nitecore EA11.
Bike light: BLF A6.

Having a Jet II MK and the Mi7 with me does seem like overkill but I like a) the reassurance of knowing I’ve always got a decent light on my keyring, but b) find an EDC much easier to use because my keys aren’t hanging off it.

I’m trying to work out where to fit in any of the 7 or 8 BLF-348’s I currently have and a TIP. I’m thinking that one or other will do keyring duty during summer months.

Normally 1 at a time.

At home, in the city usually an Olight S10R or maybe the S15R.

When I go out for an evening walk I usually add the Nitecore MH20. I like side switch lights as the switch is right there under a finger or thumb which makes it easy to change mode with one hand.

Up at the mountain property I like my Shadow JM35 with a MT-G2 for field use.

My other lights get rotated in or out of use as my mood suits.

Touch wood no issue, well one issue when i did drop a key and it was because i had not locked it off(that little plastic part that locks/unlocks). Since then its been OK, but thanks for warning, will keep an eye out!

I have trouble fitting lights on my person or i would be carrying a Convoy M1 whenever i leave the house. When i have the space (coat pocket, plastic bag, case, car etc) i do carry it.
But i do have the cell phone with its 50 lumens of light

The car has two soon to be three dedicated lights for emergency needs.

I have a nitecore tube one my house keys, nitecore thumb on the car keys and jetbeam mini-1 on the necklace with my spare car key. Sunwayman c21c in my pocket and thorfire vg-10 in the jacket. It’s dark when I go to work and dark when I get home so just in case I have any one of a dozen big boys in the car (sometimes two if I get in the mood to compare beams), such as t6vn, tm16, x7, tn36utvn, k50, k60, k70…

1. At night. Can’t see any real need for more, I’ll take spare batteries if I think I’ll need them but carrying more than 1? no way.

Olight i3s, Trustfire Mini-02, EC25, TM26. This was before I got my attention back to flashlights but now I’m confused which ones to carry and which ones to leave as I want to use them all.

Thanks for creating this thread OP as I’ve been wanting to ask this same question here too.

I wonder how you guys with tons of flashlight still manage to use/enjoy all your lights :question:

Keyring is an M01 Nichia, pants pocket is an i3E Copper NW, back pack is an BLF A6 3D raw Aluminum with spare AAA Eneloops and 18650s.
Also in pack is a COB 3X AAA small aluminum Pen style work light and spare Alkalines for it.

OK now ya made me want to check/charge the lights in my pack…
Found another WF-502 with Mtn 17DD Guppy and Nichia on Noctigon. Don’t remember building that one nor putting in the pack. Bonus!
Also have a neat 4X 18650 USB Bank I got from FT. Has an array of 18 ramping and dimming SMD LED. Don’t think these are available any more. Awesome emergency light.
OH yeah, forgot about my ThruNite Ti2, lost for months & found it the other day… still in my pocket. This is my primary EDC. Has been stripped to raw aluminum long ago and think it’s on the 3rd lens.
Well, grand total comes to SEVEN lights on my person today. :confounded:
Originally my quick answer was 3. Initially forgot about the M01 on my keys. After digging into my daily carry pack I started to realize I may have issues, after finding a light I don’t even recall building or putting in there. But did I take any out, NO.

Also realized the A6 raw never had the springs bypassed and the WF-502 did not have the tail bypassed. Both are done now. Everything is getting charged up.

Key chain AA light most of the time. At work two lights, added 18650 or 26650 light on the belt.

Always carry the Tank 007 E09 and a CooYoo quantum on 2 separate keyrings in 2 different pockets. My dumb-phone does low-lumens flood bursts from it’s screen. Past that I always have bigger lights close-by and will carry whatever else I think I’ll have need or use for.

Ain’t gonna be without light ever again :sunglasses:

Phil

Usually one.
Always have my trusty Eagletac D25A clicky in my pocket.

Sometimes I’ll wear the Klarus Mi10 AAA on a neckchain.

Only a P5r.2 in my backpack at all times :slight_smile:

Jetbeam JET II MK modded with FET bistro, tiny keyhain light with amazing throw. It already comes with Copper DTP and AR glass so no other modification needed.

Usually bear flashlights to “rotation”, (apart the biggest and the particular); but recently I always carry the same:

With the keys to the house only a small “micro-light” (usually they give it for free).

In the front pocket of pants Trustfire R5-A3 (with XP-G2); together, in jacket pocket, I have a Ultrafire C1 (XP-L 1 mode), in winter; whereas with light jacket I have a Nitenumen NE01.

In the backpack (I carry it almost always, especially when it’s the beautiful season ) I have another C1 (XM-L, 2 mode).

This when ride into town. So I always carry at least two flashlights.

On The Road M3 warm white clipped to my left front pocket always. Nitecore MH20, or my BLF A6 in the pocket of my lunch box and Convoy L6 in the truck.

I don’t count the ones in the car but that’s 4 or 5.
Some of my jackets have more than 1 light in them but none w/o a light.
At work I’m running 2 lights, off duty just one.
There are probably 4 or 5 by my bed and a few more in the drawer.