How things go on with Jaxman E2L hosts?

You will need the spacer, the stock stack ( :sunglasses: ) is already a not that tight fit, the o-ring not pushed in very hard (but ok).
Btw, I sent your host yesterday.

Nice! And thanks! ! I know what i have to do first on Friday when money is there :wink: .

It is well packed but not as nice as Jaxman did, to get it into a 35mm thick envelope, to save on the stamps.

you will produce black and grey hosts or only black ?

Thanks djozz. :+1:

But before I did that I mixed up some quick dry Prussian Blue just to see if I had any unneeded obstruction <span class=ā€œworldā€ my in spots ā€œhighā€> that kept the MCPCB from seating properly. I did have a very few tiny ones; so I quickly filed them away.

I have a few pics below to illustrate. Most of my interference came from the ā€œtabsā€ that connect the MCPCBā€™s during manufacture. They were broken off a bit rough.

Once I knocked off the ā€œhigh spotsā€ it fit like a glove. :+1:

Things are going great with this host Jaxman!! :+1:
It is very nice & well done!
Thank you for making it available. :slight_smile:

To me, Jaxmanā€™s instructions that came with the hosts were pretty plain.
BUT, if anyone had or has trouble understanding themā€¦ā€¦ Version 2.0 is now out. :smiley: ā€¦ See belowā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

Jaxmans original in frontā€¦. V-2.0 in back.

Considering Jaxmans first language is Chinese, I think he did a pretty darn good job with the instruction in the first place. :+1:
(I would hate to have to think of me writing them in Chineseā€¦ā€¦ :person_facepalming: ā€¦ :slight_smile: )

But, here is V-2.0 for any that need it. :slight_smile:

Marking the 1mm copper (i only needed two).

ItĀ“s cut out drilled then pressed together with the clamps and soldert together with Silver solder paste.
!https://s15.postimg.org/e0u0spn6j/JD600007.jpg !
The shelf is polished in a few steps (finest polishing paste i used was 5microns)

Spacer (2mm) and MCPCB are absolut flat after sanding and then also polishing with paste down to 5microns.
Now the Optic is a nice fit and the MCPCB gets a little preassure to sit tight when i screw down the bezel.
And today the SIR800DP and tiny25 arrived. But now i have to wait for the TA driver boards and the lighted tailcap PCBĀ“s.

Any news about next batch, when will be available on ALiExpress ?

Built my light today aside from having to file down the mcpcb it went together very well.The host is very nice with smooth threads.

Hello, i have purchased Jaxman e2l hosts with optics and mcpcbs, placed 219c 4000K 9050 and i`m happy now) Diodes are perfectly centered in optics, the thermal adhesive I used is MX-4, driver - 7135x6 2100mA (0.1, 1, 10, 35, 100%), always starts from the moonlight, very nice EDC light )) Thank you!

Welcome to BLF, martinoss88, that is a mighty fine first post you made there :slight_smile:

thanks, The Miller, it looks like Blf is a pretty place to look and share all about flashlights ) I hope Jaxman will continue sell hosts, its pity the Mount.Electr. do not ship to eastern Europe(

Okay, I got my host today from Mtn Electronics. I was in a mad rush but slapped it together and like the results. Here are some observations, both good and bad.

- The host looks and feels smaller than a Convoy S2. While itā€™s only a few mm shorter, it just feels smaller. I like that the tailcap is a mm or so shorter (as well as the head) and find that the head, with itā€™s ribs (vs knurling) and stainless bezel looks so much better than the S2 (especially with the 18350 body).

- I used a convoy 18350 body. The colours are a close match. Overall I love the light grey anodizing.

- I had the usual annoyances reported here. I had to drill out and smooth the edges of the wire hole since it was far too small and sharp edged. The Noctigon board I used needed extensive filing/grinding to fit in the host. These are very irritating and should be corrected at the factory. If you donā€™t have a dremel tool you will be very unhappy.

- The retaining ring for the driver is awesome as it fits around double sided boards with AMC7135 chips on both sides. A big time saver and a bonus for future modding.

• It was a bit annoying working on a non-pill light but the lighter weight and retaining ring (see above) were big benefits.

So the light was built with a Dr. Jones H17F driver, Nichia 219B 4000K triple, 10511 Carclo optic, a glow sticker, a titanium clip, and a lit tailcap (I swapped the boot out to light blue). It works well, feels good, and looks very nice.

Overall Iā€™m very happy I got this host but would be much more satisfied if the hole for the wires was bigger (and properly chamfered) and the shelf for the LEDs was bigger to properly fit a Noctigon copper board.

"...a glow sticker..."

Sounds cool; would you share more details? Source?

Thanks!

I posted over in the MTN thread but I purchased an E2L host from the first batch also. Setup with a MTN-17DDm, XP-G3 3000K 90+ CRI on noctigon, 10507, tail spring bypass.

I have the same complaints about wire hole size and MCPCB fitment as others, so those are addressed already.

On mine I also am not a big fan of the switch, for some reason mine feels a bit mushy, and I barely have to touch it to change modes. I have some spares so I will fix it.

Overall Iā€™d say for building a triple the E2L is a winner. The integrated shelf might make assembly harder but I find that worth it for the extra heat sinking. The heat dissipation fins at the head are a nice touch as well.

Looking forward to the second batch and black body hosts. Will probably rebuild this setup in a black body and get the 18500 and 18350 tubes for it once all the small assembly issues are ironed out.

Jax has black and dark grey hosts now and 350 & 500mm shorty tubes for both, told me heā€™s working on getting more of the lite grey hosts and he said he would build the shorty tubes for the lite greys, not without having to be reminded that he did more or less promise us those tubes would be available in lite grey, instead he takes the idea and makes them in dark grey and black.? Nothing new.
Told him the people in Europe canā€™t buy from Mt. itā€™s to expensive so they are waiting on Jaxman.

Yes does anyone have a new source for glow stickersā€¦??
The place I got my last ones is now gone, they were the plastic sort of vinyl kind and really glowed for awhile.

This was posted back in post #20 on this thread. So it does appear they are aware the MCPCB pocket needs enlarging a bit. :+1:

Maybe he will make the wire hole bigger & with campher, but if not; that is a very simple ā€˜fixā€™ anywayā€¦ā€¦. :wink:

Yeahā€¦ /\\\\\ ā€¦ what he said.
What is a ā€œglow stickerā€???

I had a place that sold the perfect reflector sticker that looked like those old adhesive paper rings you could use to fix three hole ring binder paper holes with when they would tearā€¦??,
Itā€™s sort of one of those things not really used anymore, like the old three hole paper punch gadget daysā€¦? Everything is PC now.
But normally I use tape and you can buy the glow in the dark tape at hobby shops or online, along with glow powder and paints and make your own stuff with epoxy and what have you.
Hereā€™s a shop Iā€™ve been looking at lately and one material in particular is sort of interesting, Glow material
I want to try next a vinyl covered sort of tape,
Iā€™ve put the butterfly type centering rings in and painted them with high heat glow paint and it works good and cut tape for inside a regular centering ring but that can mess up your focus some times, just have to get some glow stuff and be creative with it,
Iā€™ll almost always but the glow tape inside under the carclo lenses is the best, even have set the tape cut to thin strips right on the MCPCB with a Carclo and it really looks great, but the big trick is finding the right high intensity luminous materials,
Normally some of mine will glow like crazy for at best an hour maybe a bit more then start to fade but is still visible 5-6 hrs later,

I found some awesome glow sticker material on eBay years ago (in aqua blue and green glow, off white during the day). Iā€™ve gotten some tools and have been custom cutting (and selling) stickers for the triple optics. The material itself is also useful for other applications. It can glow for hours. I also sourced some other vinyl glow tape for alternative colours (day and night) but itā€™s not as nice to work with and does not glow as long but I get orange glow options.

I am steadily running out of my premium glow sticker and am trying to find new sources. I found some on eBay that just arrived (after 5 months!) that seems promising. The best part is a blue glow that seems to match ice blue trits. We shall see.