How would you rate your winter weather-wise?

Spring arrives 11:06 PM EDT today.

The winter here in the snowbelt of PA has been a freak with the lack of snow. We have had around 3.5 feet so far. The average is around 10 feet. It has been spaced out so there was not a single time it needed shoveled. If someone would have told me that a few years ago I would have thought they were crazy.

Temperatures were slightly above normal with most of the difference being the nights. It has been incredibly cloudy keeping the nights warmer. The coldest was -1.8º F.

I sure wouldn’t mind if all the winters were like this.

(Please try to keep this non-political. It’s weather not climate)

1 Thank

I live in a Southern California desert, so our winters are extremely mild.
Many would argue that winter is the best season for this area.
Some people only live here about half of the year–the cooler half of the year.
Personally, I like it most when the daily high is below about 90 degrees Fahrenheit, but I also don’t like it when I have to wear one of my fake ski jackets. :+1:

It’s been milder and wet this year, we’ve had a few days where it got to about -5 Celsius (fairly usual UK winter temp) but mostly it’s been between 1 C and 6 C. Typically we would have had more days below freezing and less rain, which I would have preferred.

Hate snow.
Snow is Satan’s Dandruff.
Snow is evil.

I’m fine with this year’s and last year’s winters. wish they’d all be this lack-of-snowy.

I read the original post twice and I am not sure what is being asked. “Rate your winter weather.”

In NYC we did not get any snow however I do like the snow. So what should the rating be? Its also been warmer than normal however I like the cold as well.

I cannot assign a rating as more information is needed.

In Connecticut this (2023-2024) winter has been warmer with less snow. Less heating oil too!
I enjoy the snow cross country skiing and hiking. I do hate to shovel.
A lot of rain - I don’t have the measurement’s.
This area has plenty of water now nearly full reservoirs and aquifers

WNY (Upstate). Milder than I can ever remember. I think I only had to plow a half dozen times. My maples started budding three days ago. Don’t recall that ever happening this early in the year. The big lakes never froze, nor most bays/ponds. Zero ice fishing this winter. I saw folks out on the local golf course February 9th. It was damn near 70 degrees.

Mild , snow free mostly in NEPA. That’s good cause shoveling snow hurts the older I get.

Winters in Poland are getting strange. Almost no snow, lots of rain and very mild temperatures of around 0c/32f. Basically a very long autumn. Snowfall often occurs now in April. Summers are wetter and much colder than they used to be.

This winter was more mild than average, which is nice.
I rarely had to wear my ski jacket, and even more rarely did I have to wear pants.
(I prefer to wear shorts.) :shorts:

Our local weatherman wears shorts all winter. Says if women wear dresses in the winter why can’t I wear shorts.

Warm and dry winter in Northern Wisconsin. Only got on my XC skis twice so I had to run all winter. No pond hockey. Cheaper heating I guess is nice.
2/10

Now its a very very dry spring early. Hoping some rain comes up this way.

It’s all it what you like. Some would say it was a great winter with no snow and some would say that the same winter sucked because they wanted weekly blizzards. Hearing what people like is always interesting.

I was thinking more along the lines of warm vs. cold or dry vs. wet and not good vs. bad.

I’d have to rate my winter weather as 3/7 here in the UK, very wet.

Thankfully work has taken me abroad for much of the winter, so I’ve successfully avoided the dull grey, wet weather!

I’m out in northern Arizona. We get tons of snow but it rarely falls below 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Overall, I don’t mind it as long as they keep the roads plowed!

Barely got cold in what passes for winter in DFW. Spring effectively started in February with the 26th reaching an incredible high of 91F / 33C.

Pretty mild, a few snow storms, but it seems like an early spring in Montreal!

Here in Northern California it’s been a wet winter. Great for keeping fire season weaker in the summer here, less dry vegetation. Not too cold either.

Not great. We only got one good snow, we had a couple more that were predicted but unfortunately never materialized.

Northern Indiana, warmer than usual. Not very much snow this year. Probably only got 2 feet and most of that was at one time. Seen a few desperate snowmobilers riding on barely 2 inches of snow. Nice to have it warmer, but had mosquitos out in February already. Trees budding out and then it freezes again.