Huge half off sale at DealExtreme!

40.000 items divided on 800 products= average of 50 items on each SKU.

LOL… came across this in the link above:
Flashlight and MP3 player, all in one…
I would not buy that even if it was 70% off. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope they will have something decent on sale.

Holy cow! You’re right! was that always there or did they just add that?

Unprecedented discount starts on May 15th.

800 SKUs,40000+ items are waiting for you!

What a bunch of rot! I'm actually regretting even posting about it. I'm going to have to find Sandy and ask her what gives. She told me 40,000 items would be half-price. A SKU is an item and 800 is not 40K. |(

:smiley: I really :heart_eyes: Chinese

They even made a video lol ” UNPRECEDENTED

Nothing to be upset… And well, it’s still 40000 items!

Smile for a discount sale :smiley: I don’t see why you all are disappointed that “only 800 products” are on sale.

For me it’s because she told me it was 40k items that would be half off and said how huge it was. She asked if I would mind posting about it and since 40k items at 50% over 5 days is huge, I agreed. Now I feel taken advantage of. Maybe there will still be some good flashlight deals.

They always take advantage and lie about what they do. After all it's Dealextreme.

Yes thats the word!

They LIE.

I read 40.000 items at first… Like many others I was expecting 40.000 different SKUs. I had my fingers crossed that would involve a ton of flashlights!
I think it was a bit misleading. I never noticed anything about 800 SKUs in the start…

When this thread was fresh I was about to post how sure I was this SALE!!11 is going to be a big disappointment. Then I became unsure, it might be something big after all.

But no, you can always count on DX.

lol 50% off half of all their merchandise would be a sale to end all sales.
That title is misleading, says “50% off 40.000 items” then right below it says “search 80.000 items” Doesn’t make much sense either way. But still like to get some cheap stuff, hopefully it’s stuff I actually need.

EDIT: Cheapest any flashlights are marked down is 28% Not any good ones that I can see so far.

Can't argue with this.

I always just assumed that the 225-5000 lumen discrepancies were due to a drop in atmospheric pressure between China and the US.

This would fully explain why a light sold in HK with "factory rating" of 1600 lumens only outputs 412 by the time it arrives in the US.

To prove my theory we could one of these lights back. Be sure that a few weeks later it'll be back to its factory 1600 lumens.

We could all save a ton of money this way. Rather than buying new emitters, more powerful drivers, copper this or copper that, we can spend only about $6 to ship our lights to China. This will give us a profound gain in ouput. In some cases even several thousand lumens! All for the low price of only $6!!

BeLIEve it! :bigsmile:

After reading this l’m moving to China. No more modding for me.

They have this silicone oil in the sale:
http://dx.com/p/high-purity-silicone-oil-lubrication-for-flashlight-torch-10ml-65927

I have just entered the site and all flashlight deals have gone.
Big disappointment.

it doesnt say "800" anymore!!

:D

I bought some silicone oil, and some other things with my remaining store credit. I hope I will receive this order eventually. >.<

Never and ever!

yep, same with me, people in Europe that do sleep at night don't count at dx.

A thing I noticed when browsing the sale pages is that people do like flashlights a lot and do not care much for watches.

I am curious however what other BLF-members (americans obviously) got out of this sale???