Huge half off sale at DealExtreme!

I’m glad I didn’t stay up late for this. Still, got some nice eye drops for Tachikoma.

I logged on around 11PM ET last night. Put about 8 things in my cart, but I was too slow. Only one of the items wasn’t sold out when I tried to check out.

I added 4 Android Mini PCs to my cart in the first 15 minutes of the sale!

Almost couldn’t resist! Each of them was selling at $20-$30, normal price was $40 plus.

I decided to regain my composure so I closed the browser. Came back 2 hours later - everything was gone.

Oh man! Now I feel like an idiot. I get it now...40,000 items but only around 700 SKU to choose from. They may have 342 or one sku, 76 of another sku, 130 of a third, and so on...40,000 items in total but only 700 different items. *smacks forehead*

“Boss, how about I hold your head under water for just a little while.” Tongue Out

Of course, that's 40,000 Chinese items, which means they quadrupled the original number, (just like chinese lumens) and it was only 10,000 items to begin with.

That’s more like it. If its 800 SKUs in all, there’s an average of 50 items per SKU and if the limit per person is 1 item only per SKU then the faster buyers get the better items.

It was 10 AM in my place when the deal started but I decided to go through all items first before finalizing what I would order taking note of the items that interest me. When I was finally done and tried to add the items to my cart, only 2 - a bike light and a cigarette lighter light - were available. The rest were already sold out.

DX kills me .They lured me in after a year with those 'neutral white' lights. None of them were NW, I am such a sucker!

DX is very close to going on my “Never buy from again” list. This “sale” like their Xmas sale was a total time waste.

How did DX ever get to be one of the biggest Chinese sellers? They are consistently at or near the bottom of the heap in shipping times, prices, accuracy, quality and customer service. They only have one thing going for them and that is the huge selection of items. I suspect they don’t really have most of the items listed and just use a drop shipper to make their inventory look impressive.

I have been more pleased with T-Mart and Wallbuys than DX. Even Dinodirect and Manafont were pretty decent for a time but seem to have gone downhill. You would think the bad sellers would fail and the good ones would grow but it doesn’t seem to work like that in China.

And it only gets better

Please kindly understand. :wink:

Anyone else think that the red part of these earrings looks like how DX has treated the forum members?

Have a squint and see...

Should we not be asking for DX to be banned? Isn’t this just like scamming? Making all sorts of BS promises even getting Johnnymac to endorse it all. This makes Wallybuys look good!

Marc.

Wallbuys is better than DX. Although their promotions can be annoying, truly good deals can be had and they ship rather fast too. DX is just a glorified drop shipping interface and often it’s a mystery when they’ll ship anything at all.

Just checked, just 3 sku's left for the discount. Who have bought all that junk?

The main attraction of dx for me is that they keep listing loads of new flashlights almost every day, so there are interesting ones regularly. Fasttech is more a follower thusfar, listing far less new lights and with less variety.

LMFAO what a joke…….WORST SALE EVER.
Way to go delayextreme……

This was the last time that’ll ever happen. Hard to resist the temptation to simply delete this entire thread. |(

It’s been a while since I bought anything from DX, but I think after this whole debacle, I am going to boycott DX.
What a letdown of a sale!
As long as Fasttech maintains their standards, I’d rather buy from them or Illumination Supply, etc.

Huge Pants Half Off Sale at DX!

I don’t think you should delete it! It was nice of you to let us know about the sale. Some of us maybe got lucky with some tablets and other things. We are individually responsible for who we shop with, and DX are solely responsible for their bait and switch and overselling.

It was very good of you to let us know about their sale. No fault of yours that they did it as they did. I actually thought twice about buying the HID light and with 4 more days, I will still be checking each night at 9:00, so don’t be upset over the little stuff that we always blow out of proportion. We all know how erratic Chinese sellers are, one never knows what to expect next from them.