Hunting and Fishing Brag Thread

Very cool, he def got some bites on those 3 dogs

Okay, I’m an avid fisherman pretty much every weekend I’m on a boat. I hunt dove every season. I don’t hunt deer, but my friends do and I often help butcher the animal. Most everything I’ve ever learned about hunting centered around killing the animal as quickly and humanely as possible.

It’s possible this is just my ignorance of the activity shown, but this seems absolutely asinine to me. You have rifle(s) that are accurate well beyond 10 yards. Why have 3 dogs tear at this wounded animal for 10+ minutes?

I have a custom 22-250 Ackley Improved that turns any prairie dog or ground squirrel under 300 yards into a pink flash. Probably got 2-3K notches on it. The last time I had it re-barreled, I had a muzzle brake added. Made all the difference in the world recoil wise. You can now watch the varmints meet their maker at 20 power.

But my real love is saltwater fishing from a skiff.

How about two of us catching 100+ of these in a day on leadheads and swimbaits (lures) that I poured myself? My secret is to put pure anise oil in the molten plastic right before I pour it into the molds. Makes the fish hold on just a little bit longer… Those lures helped us win a tourney that paid for a badly-needed radar for our boat.

My partner can get a little carried away

OK, maybe me too

Skippering the boat and finding my own fish 30 miles offshore.

But I’m proudest of making outdoorsmen out of my girls. How many MIT alum can say they have caught a tuna on a private boat?

My girls can outfish 90% of the inshore bass fishermen out there. Both have won tournaments.

The trick was to start them early.

Feesh:

Those are actualy young hunting dogs m8, thats how they got trained, it cant be done properly with dummies and toys
Thats why i wrote that one could find the following video disturbing….yet, a hunter would know

Since EU banned the jackal hunt for 4 years (before) their population growed from arround 20k to like 150k … and since the rest of the EU is literaly clean of free living wild predators( they killed their last wolf like 130 years ago) it was very hard to persuade them otherwise

Poor animals |( (all who are in the video) I also hunt, and I think you have to respect the prey, kill cleanly without suffering, see this is sadistic unnecessary, with a wounded poor animal, not hunting for my view.

Catching Snook at Sanibel Island today .

Wow nice snook!

Caught quite a mess of fish last night .
13 Crappie and a nice bass .

Darn near enough for a good fry .

Nice crappie

There ain’t no better eatin’ than that IMO.

Wow... now you need a bidet