i want a triple or quad single-cell lumenmonster...

Subscribed. I’ll be interested in a quad or triple in 26650 form.

Finding a quad MCPCB you like (or even one you dislike) is tough all the time. :~

Who knows of a 26650 that can rival the Sony VT C5 or Efest 35A? Last longer, maybe, brighter…. not that I’m aware of.

True, the VTC5 will probably deliver more current than any 26650.

which driver is needed for a triple XP-L ?

any DD since the LED are parallel ?

first you need to find the host ,small like you said that can take the quad/triple optics and has mass for the heat ,then the driver is easy ,you can have17,20 and 22mm DD driver from mtn and last the copper pcb from noctigon or this

Yes, that is correct.

Keeppower IMR 26650 4200mAh (2014) - Fantastic performance at 3-5A (but also at much higher currents) considering the great runtime.

Efest IMR 26650 3500mAh (2014) - Sick output at 5-15A (if less voltage sag equals more output).

Depending on the light these cells will be better either in terms of runtime, output, or both at the same time compared to a VTC5.

For really high amps (say with multiple emitters in DD), go for the Efest cell. I don`t know which cell is better the first minute. Don`t care. The difference is close to nothing. Unless you swap to a freshly charged cell every minute the best 26650 cells will quickly start to perform better compared to the best 18650 cells. In some cases the difference can be massive.

Darn, i wish i read this post 20 minutes earlier. i just placed an order over at rmm for 3x 26650 cells.
i was looking for the best 26650 cell for my 12x xml2 light.
i went with the icr king kong 4000’s , which i thought were the best.
so these efest 3500’s would have been better for my case?

How much current are you drawing? @10A the Efest cells will maintain around 0.15v+ higher per cell. At 5A it’s more like 0.1v higher. Both are significant numbers, but remember that the KK provides significantly more mAh.

im not exactly sure how much current yet. its in the process of getting built right now. but it will be used for a highly modified trustfire j20…we’re expecting to hit at least 10000 lumens.
so 500 more mah from the KK is pretty significant vs the efest 3500?

not sure if i really care about runtime for this light, i just want the best 26650s available that will give this light the most amps and least voltage sag.

oh, regarding the keepowers, or the 4200s or 5200s more powerful?

you should try putting together a supfire a6 quad.
its a fantastic single 18650 light that will hit 4000 lumens.

Maybe you can try and cancel your order? Or get it changed?

The latest Efest is far superior at the more extreme currents.

KP IMR4200mAh will have less voltage sag compared to the 5200mAh model.

Use HKJ`s comparison tool to easily compare various 26650 cells at different load to see the differences for yourself.

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php

Sounds like you want some purple efest 3500mAh cells though.

+1 RacerR86. Reading these posts, was about to say the same exact things but you covered it all Smile. I got those Efest 3500 26650's in, and on my DD setups, they do as good or better than my SONY VTC5, Sam 25R, LG HE2, or Efest 35A 18650 on the short term (initial tests). Was glad to see HKJ's review confirm that, and like you say, over a full cell depletion run, should do much better. Hands down, nothing better I know of. To me, it's the Powerizer resurrected - I no longer need to whine bout the defunct Powerizer! Also, makes me glad I got a bunch of 26650 based DD lights now, including the K2. In general, 26650 lights will have better heat sinking by design - usually there's more surface area/fins, etc. because the transition from the head to the battery tube has to be wider. You can see that with the K2, SupFire L6, etc.

• I didn’t say pretty significant. A 14% increase in tested mAh (I just glanced at the 7A results) is significant. It’s also probably not a big deal - it’s just not insignificant, that’s all. Meh.
  • You should look at the data and decide for yourself. Follow RaceR86’s link, it will change your life.

Richard was able to cancel the order. I will be ordering the efest. Thanks for the advice and link to data.

okay - i will start with a triple XP-L and a narrow Spot carclo…

where should i place my Order?
RMM is expensive shipping to Austria
intl-outdoor took 43 days for wires (and now waiting since 23 days for a noctigon…)

any others?

Ugh sorry to hear that; RMM is kinda the go-to guy, and has already done the hard work (dedoming, programming, etc)

i sent Richard a mail asking for actual costs… :wink: