If only E-cig mods were flashlights!

every time when I browse through the New Arrivals at Fasttech or Wallbuys,

I stop for a moment to only discover that that great looking flashlight I just saw is actually an E-cig mod... (whatever that is)

Do you also think they look better than most cheap flashlights?

Don`t you think they would look cool as a flashlight!!

Yeah i was thinking that too, a few have caught my eye then i’ve been quite annoyed to find it’s a puffer! :slight_smile:

I honestly have no idea what they are.... but they sure look good!

I quite like this one. The purple tube inside could glow whilst on standby, or just all the time. :bigsmile:

now my question is: What are they? a mod? (sorry for being lazy, but I`m just not really interested in E-cig stuff)

“Mechanical mods are essentially a metal tube with a fire button, 510 connection, and room for a battery. No wiring at all”

Like direct drive for smokers/vapers

I like that copper one, getting ideas here lol

These are basically 18650 containers with a momentary switch and a threaded electrical connection on one end that can handle high current.

Seems to me some enterprising souls could develop matching flashlight heads to screw on, with a driver, emitter, heat sink, and reflector.

What about using a 18350 battery and having the pill etc inside the existing tube?
I’ve never seen one of these in person.

Don’t be hatin’

I wonder if someone can convert it into flashlight? after all it’s also using 18650 battery :smiley:

Where do you think vapers “mods” came from?

If not for the CREE led community, the vaping community wouldn’t be growing…we are symbiotic groups

Check it…this is a kick (variable wattage addon for vaping rigs[boost buck circuit])
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1501000-variable-wattage-kick-module-for-mechanical-mod-pv

Yup

hehe

hm, why not have both, a flashlight with build in e cig, another possible idea for future build, this is one of those 1 in a million moments when i wish i smoked.

Wow!
That ‘kick’ is intersting…
No?

Interesting but limited to fifteen watts and uses pwm.

It wont fire that either due to the three amp current limit.

Some mods it’d be easy to convert into a usable torch, but you’d need a huge heatinked head with a 510 (m7 x.5 thread) or m20 x 1 threading to handle a remotely interesting emitter set up.

Most of mine get dammed hot dammed quick but I’m pushing between 50 and 80 watts, basically the limits of an 18650 cell. Yeah the mods are interesting looking, but I would want to machine a complete head and you would need to modify the switch in a dangerous way - for a torch you want it to stay on most of the time, for an ecig, the last thing you want is it to stay on at all.

looks like a flashlight that will soon be ready for use by the Borg

yeah I got a lot of mech mods…they are fantastic when getting into rebuildables…the kick is only good IMO if you are still using clearomizers and haven’t gotten into rebuildables…

here is a 510 thread flashlight so you can use the mods as a flashlight lol

Interesting but do they really want you to put a potential hand grenade in your mouth, no matter how high tech it looks? Also it is my understanding that little or no medical testing has been done on the concoctions people are inhaling from those vaporizers. Anyone think that the Ecig makers give a rats * about the long term safety of their devices and their chemicals?

It only took 450+ years for the medical profession to figure out that smoking was bad for you and it was German doctors under Hitler before WWII who did so. Possibly due to the source of the studies, and under the influence of the tobacco industry, it took 30+ years for the rest of the medical profession to agree with the German findings. I note though that per Web MD Ecigs have been banned in Canada and the FDA is studying them.

I agree with you but most people are far too trusting and naive and lack data to make a meaningful conclusion even if they are not

Governments move too slowly and have other interests (read bribes) to care about the public