If you could only choose one of the Convoys...

It’s well known that the Convoy line is solid. All of their lights seem to be well built and a great choice at each price point. But my question is, if you could only choose one of the Convoys to use as your only light, which one would you buy? If seen rave reviews for the C8, M1, M2, and S. If this was your only flashlight for 1 year, which one would you pick and why?

Only one flashlight? Either the C8 or M1. It comes down to use scenarios. I think having a flashlight with some throw is more important than a flooder.

While it’s not my favorite Convoy, I’d choose the S2+. It’s my EDC and I carry it around every day.

Let’s say it’s the zombie apocalypse and you don’t have the luxury of carrying multiple lights. You have to choose just one light to be your only one, all purpose light. Which one between the C8 or M1?

I wouldn’t pick just one. At this price point I’d just pick the what I wanted the most at the moment, then not do something else to enable me to buy another should I want.

Also comes down to what you want too. The C8 and S2 are equally good, but very different and suit different situations and uses.

I’m aware that to us flashaholics, we will usually have a light for each specific purpose, but I just wanted to know which one of the Convoy line you would deem most all-purpose.

C8

C8 it’s a no-brainer.

I just got this S4 host in the mail today. I have a qlite driver and a XM-L2 U3 1A LED to put in it when I get home. Last night I ordered a XinTD C8 V5 XM-L2 U3 1A from mtnelectronics, hopefully they’ll both turn out to be great lights.

C8 any day.

I only own the C8 but if I had a chance to own the S2+ I’d sacrifice my c8 for that.

It depends on your usage and, in part, the geography of your area. C8 if you have more fields and wide-open spaces, M1 if not. C8 is probably your best bet, especially if size is not an issue.

The C8 is great I agree.

For all round use though, the M1 has to be better. As it offers a bit of throw with a bit of flood. You could use it to read a book or a map, use it close up indoors. Tailstand it on high for prolonged use. But has enough throw to use across the fields and outside in rural or countryside areas. It’s also a lot more pocket friendly than a C8.

Zombies C8
Everyday living M1
House renos S2

Satiating diehard flashaholics… priceless

For everything else keep an eye on paypal’s dispute window :bigsmile:

In that case, I’d pick a C8.

Dunno yet… I’ll tell you in about two days when my three various C8’s, one M1, and one S2+ arrive and I get a chance to try them all out! yes… I splurged because I could not decide and spent like $65 at BG… but 5 awesome lights for that price was hard to argue with.

The M1 is the best all purpose light i have ever used, all others are specialty situation lights

Am I the only one who has EDC’d a C8 in my front pocket? I hate tight jeans so mine have large pockets

I’d prefer to carry both a c8 and a s2+

But if I could only have one, then a
C8 and some sort of diffuser for when inside, doesn’t have to be a proper diffuser, what ever is laying around would do, tape, bottle top, cone of paper, zombie eye ball etc

S2 2.8 amp 5C tint XML with a clip .