If you could only choose one of the Convoys...

The M1 is what I’d choose. I like the fact that I can easily slip it in the leg pocket of my Carhartts when I go for a walk in the evenings. The C8 is just a little too bulky for that.

Usually the Convoy quality is beyond any doubt. So I was a little disappointed that the S2 host from Gearbest’s sale which was in the mail Saturday had a flaw. As I put a 16mm Sinkpad emitter in the pill it shakes to the sides - the pill is (was) not flat but had a bump towards the middle. I had to ask a colleague at work today to do some machining on the lathe. Later I will smooth the surface with sandpaper then it should be much better.

1. S2
  2. M1
  3. M2
  4. S8
  5. C8
  6. S3
I do agree that C8 is bang for bucks for its package, but I prefer powerful (~3A) and portable S2 than C8. If you cannot stand the heat or you only use high mode, you probably want to consider M1 or M2 instead.

it seems the hosts don’t always get the same quality control the full lights get. My S5 host had some issues, although the S8 host was flawless.

If I want a light to survive with, i pick the C8.

If I want a light to show off to friends, I want my S8.

For a jack-of-all-trades light I have to go with the M1.

Convoy S2 FTW! 8)

It's my EDC because it's just the right size.

Do Convoy do zoomers?

As far as I know, they do not.

They do 1. It’s a rebranded dipper that I’ve only seen on Simons AliExpress page.

Haha. Zombie eyeball diffuser. I wouldn’t be surprised if that made its way into the toy flashlight accessories category on some sites.

It sounds like it’s really between the C8 or S2 and the in betweener is the M1. I wonder why no one has mentioned the M2. It looks about the same.

freeme did.

I could live without any Convoy. XinTD C8 and intl-outdoor.com T12 18650 are better.

Was that a ranked list? If so, why do you put the M1 above the M2?

I don't see it...

Is it here?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Convoy-Flashlights/330416_254412389.html

Convoy BD04, yes it is. Bottom-left. :wink:

Yep. The BD04.

In a zombie apocalypse? Probably the M1. I actually have the M2 and like it, but I would've waited for the new M1 if I had known they were revising it so soon. Mainly for the knurling... The M2 is kinda smooth and would be harder to grip if wet, I reckon.

The S series doesn't have enough mass for continuous 3A, and the C8 is a bit too bulky to carry around (though the throw is nice.).

Yeah…very cool on the zoomie from Convoy!

I showed my buddy those, he wants to make a IR thrower for night shooting at pests on his land (namely hog hunting)

I have no less than 6 Convoy flashlights, 2 S2’s (a S2 triple w/ aluminum spacer from RMM that I still need to get working), 2 S2’s, a C8, and a S2 18350 mini that has replaced my S5 as my EDC [My S5 now lives in my truck because the dome light is broken]

They really are that good of lights

i’ve been EDCing S2+ for 6 month replacing my S8 and for wider area C8 is good to go :slight_smile:

S2+
There’s nothing I can’t do with my bigger convoys that I can’t do with the S2+. Maybe not as well (throw and heat management) but it still gets me by.

In my mind the S2+, S2 and S6 are pretty much interchangeable.

Does anyone know if the black Convoy M1 on FT is the matte black or smooth? Now that I have my matte black S2+, I’m kind of liking the feel of it. The one on this Aliexpress site looks to be matte.