Ikea ladda ready to use

GOOD NEWS!
The new LADDA 2450 (2015) ARE in the same ballpark as the guarantied FDK made Panasonic Eneloop Pro (Japan 2014) and Fujitsu (2014).

Ladda 2450 –2015 2720 2700 2660 2700
Eneloop Pro(Panas) 2014 2660 2710 —— ——
Fujitsu black 2014 —— —— 2670 2690

Discharge current 500mA.
I already checked the AAA size against Fujitsu (in post #216).

The high values are probably due to La Crosse BC-900 discharges to 0.9V instead of FDK specs 1.0V end voltage. I will verify one or two of the cells with an iCharger 106B+.

EDIT: It looks like there are only 1% capacity between 1.0V and 0.9V, but BC-900 showed about 10% too much. So my numbers are about 8-9% too high, sorry!

But that has nothing to do with LADDA being made by FDK.

Possible objections are countless. For instance if an Ikea employee said that they get them from FDK, you could imply that he was misinformed or that FDK has set up a production line to make inferior cheap Ikea batteries. Or whatever…

That brings the real capacity numbers down closer to what Eneloop Pro’s should be, around 2450 mAh.

Given that, it is perhaps worthwhile for someone with a proper test setup (like HKJ) to measure the capacities and compare them against Eneloops already tested. This would not only give accurate capacity numbers, but also compare how they behave under different loads.

If they match Eneloop’s capacity and voltage sag under high loads, then that would be good evidence towards them being real Eneloops.

yeah, evidence like that would make sense. Capacity matching means nothing, otherwise my rayovac hybrid match first and second gen eneloops, but they are not rebadged eneloops, my old ones can’t hold a charge for more then a few days (and they are low self discharge batteries), take more then double the capacity to recharge and don’t get warm at all even if recharged a few hours after charging and show as low battery, i assume the electricity is causing some chemical reaction inside the battery instead of charging them. If someone had an electron microscope and wanted to study them they would make for interesting research material.

Proper, comprehensive testing is complex and time-consuming. It requires good equipment, a fairly consistent environment and extreme attention to detail. We are lucky to have a few generous contributors here who seem to be able to pull it all together to give us some very useful data.

Even so, if these are in fact “Eneloops” under the wrapper, are they the “good” Japanese versions or the “poor” Chinese versions? Will they last for 2000 cycles or only 500 before they begin to degrade severely. If you don’t know what I’m referencing here there is a thread somewhere by CPF member “powermeup” Chinese and Japanese Eneloops Test Comparison

It is pretty easy to do a few capacity checks and it would be easy to leave some sitting on a shelf for 1,2 or 6 months to see how much they self-discharge. Beyond that, I’m not too concerned if they are “real” Eneloops or not these days. Other than simply as “interesting to know”.

With Eneloops here at $20+ per pack of 4 (unless you can find specials) and the Ikea (greens) at $3.99 I know which way I’m going. (Besides which, being a dutiful battery nerd, I have an embarrassingly large collection of the real Eneloops already.)

When the newer versions we are discussing here appear in our local stores I will grab a few packs and see how they perform regarding the self-discharge aspect but I won’t be running cycle tests to see how long it takes to wear them out.

Kudos to those who do.

Agreed.
Be aware that it can take a long time from request to report (Sanyo 18650GA took 9(nine) months). But you can’t really blame HKJ for making the commercial tests first.

“REAL ENELOOP” contra “REAL FDK”?
I really don’t like the much used expression “real Eneloops”. It should be “real FDK”, because “Eneloop” is now Panasonics re-brand of the FDK cells and they also use it for the china produced cells which has nothing to do with the original FDK.
Repeating a little history as I understand it:

2005 “SANYO TWICELL” factory introduces “ENELOOP” LSD batteries.
2007-2009 SANYO has some very difficult crisis years.
2009 Sanyo sells (big) part of their business to Panasonic including the brand “ENELOOP” but NOT the TWICELL factory that makes the batteries! (due to anti-trust laws).
2009 The “SANYO TWICELL” factory is sold to FDK (Fujitsu owned) and is named “FDK TWICELL” (see pictures post #199).
2014 FDK CORPORATION merges with (absorbes) “FDK TWICELL”. (here is the strange thing that the old name and eneloop signs seems to stay on the buildings in 2016 - if Googles picture date is correct, see post #199).

1. So FDK make all the “real FDK batteries” that are sold as “Fujitsu” (the name FDK CORPORATION and the address of FDK is on the back of their blister packs.
2. FDK also makes and sell the same batteries re-branded to Panasonic Eneloop (Pro). (Panasonic spec’s name FDK as manufacturer).
3. Panasonic uses the same Eneloop brand for the chineese made batteries!!.
4. Some believe that Amazone sells re-branded FDK batteries (no comment).
5. I believe that FDK re-brand their batteries for Ikea (I mean who would/could use enormeous resources to copy a 30.3 gram battery to the tiniest detail).
6. They re-brand probably for others too.

Because Panasonic has not made the batteries and name a chineese battery the same, I don’t like “real Eneloops”.

I think that it is fun to study the Firms history. I enjoy this discussion and would like to hear if my listing is wrong.

I guess for me the term “real eneloops” refers to the Japanese-made cells. AKA, Twicell/FDK. But yep, it isn’t a very clear expression.
The Panasonic Chinese-made versions are “real” in nothing but the name and have been proven to be inferior.

I also understand that there are a lot of people out there who really couldn’t give a furry little rodent’s bottom about whether a cell worth a couple of bucks and being recharged once a week will last 40 years or only 10 years! I aspire to be one of them but am finding it difficult. :smiley:

Good info summary there sixty545.

Thanks, gadabout,
It’s really very simple. “FDK CORPORATION”, former “FDK TWICELL”, former “SANYO TWICELL” “is” a battery and
Fujitsu, Sanyo Eneloop, Panasonic Eneloop, Amazon Basic, Ladda “are” sleeves.

I feel like a parallel to Old Lumens in that I find great pleasure in “playing” with batteries but have no greater use of them. Of course I have much too many. :wink:

Is it really important if new LADDA are made by FDK?
I think it is because then Ikea has scored a genuine BLF goal:

To get the best for the lowest price.

I bought the new white ones in ikea Thessaloniki, Greece. There were only empty boxes on the selves but they manage to find a closed box in storage. AAA 4.99 and AA 6.99 european pesos

i am in canada. i went to the vaughan, ontario ikea store to see if the new ladda are in stock. well, the new ladda are not here yet. but the old ones (silver and green) are on sale. AAA is $3.99/4. AA is out of stock at the vaughan location.

Ikea in Turkiye has its website 1000mah AA, and 500mah AAA versions.
May be other versions are on the way. Will visit the store later to check and get some 2450mah version.

Ikea Turkiye link

Just bought 2 bunches AAA white to my laterns and 2 boxes AA coffee to the clocks. :expressionless: 20 evro is a nice price!

Looks like Ikea in Canada (BC at least) are getting rid of their old LADDAs. They are selling them for $1.99 for 4 pack of AA or AAA!!!

You snooze you lose, get them while they’re still in stock.

I posted this a few weeks ago in the deals thread, my local stores have been out of stock since the beginning of the month i think.

i just came back from the vaughan (ontario canada) store. the AAA silver/green ladda are still in stock. the label shows $2.49, but scanner shows $1.99. still a little bit left next to the cash out counter. hurry.
btw, the new ladda are in stock as well.

There’s an “Ikea Family” discount on some Ladda cells— green and white — but I can’t find the mAh rating on them.
Those must be the old ones they’re closing out.
Most confusing website I’ve stumbled around in quite a while.

I don't get it. Is there a problem if the batteries are made in 2012 year?
The battery code is 1639-ST

Edit: I found out that the batteries are made
Year: 2016
Week: 39

http://www.epochconverter.com/weeks/2016

1639-ST

Orange - Year
Yellow - Week
Cyan - Internal Code

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Ikea%20Ladda%20AA%202450mAh%20(White)%20UK.html

I ’oogled for:

lygte ikea ladda

and those links are on the first page of results

Necro bump!

This worked, though it shows as normal, it didn’t auto change to watched or tracking.

Right. Normal notification mode is described as:

You will be notified if someone mentions your @name or replies to you.