Imalent DL10.

Anyone who bought one of these ever get theirs?

Mine’s still stuck at confirmed but nothing’s been shipped.

So much for being dispatched 3 days or whatever after getting payment…

No movement yet.

Wellp, I got 2 “chat” messages out there, one last week and one earlier tonight, neither one answered.

I’m gonna send email tomorrow, either send ’em or cancel, and if not, I’ll paypal their asses.

I had no movement in 15 days so requested the order to be cancelled and got the cancel confirmation + refund within hours. It should have shipped from the DE warehouse but I am not sure if it even exists :person_facepalming:

I got DHL shipping notification 2 days ago

Awww, man, where’s it shipping from to get to the US?

I got like 3 batches that were taking f’n months coming from there. Languishing in the airport, or customs, or wherever, but no movement since mid-November.

If these are coming from across the planet, I might as well just cancel. I don’t want to wait ’til next Christmas to get ’em.

None of the trio yet. Sad part is I can’t find any records. Like they evaporated in thin air.

Cheers.

Oh, I’m like beyond anal with that kinda thing. I’m like anal, oral, and vaginal about it. Screencaps of the order completion, screencaps from the pay pal page, save the url of whatever I can, even save the webpage itself if I can (’though some websites are so js-heavy that they f it up when you try, hence the screencaps).

I assume I’m gonna get shafted, so grab as much evidence as I can right then and there vs trying too piece it together later, and that the records will have “disappeared” by then.

Mail from Imalent:

Status unchanged:

I found the info.
My lights were charged to the accounts, but never confirmed.
PayPal is going to have a ball with what I wrote.
The least I called ’em was thieves. Stealing from a poor old retired man.

Cheers.

I long ago regretted pulling the trigger on this one.

Anyone remember if it were implied or better yet stated that it would ship from the US?

If I knew back then it would be shipped all the way from Chiny, I would’ve passed. Got sick and tired of everything taking months to get here.

And worse, with the corovirus and slowdown in even local mail, forget it. Got one package literally over a month (11-16) apparently sitting here stateside but no movement whatsoever after that. One order from FT was sitting in Brooklyn for 3-4 days already. Used to be it could go overnight from Brooklyn to Queens to the local PO then to my doorstep.

They sent me an email. Typical Mea Culpa.
And offered to ship ’em NOW!!!.
It will take about 20 days they say. Giving a year or two.
REFUND REFUND and REFUND.

Cheers.

Oh well. It’s just a light.

Edit: OTOH, it’s quite dark outside.

Looks like i’m one of few that is about to receive this one soon

Mine arrives tomorrow according to DHL.

Wellp, I sent a “chat” to ’em cancelling my order and asking for a refund. Their own shipping terms all but guaranteed I’d get it by Christmas, in fact over a week ago, and it’s still not even in Compton (which would take another week to go cross-country).

I wanted to like that light, but the switch makes that hard. The display is fine and the body looks good, but needs grip. Direct low is not available on long press. Beam pattern is tatical with a narrow spill. The OPR makes a nice blurry spot.

Worth the reduced price.

Edit: The OLED display makes me want the TINI2 even more :weary:

Edit2: Turbo seems to be one-way. I can only switch to strobe or to standby. Who is responsible for this UI?

Fully charged (4.2V) yesterday, used it at 10lm for a few minutes, still at 4.2V 24h later. I guess parasitic drain is reasonably low.

BTW, had it run empty (square lit up) before recharging, my (cheap) USB-meter showed 795 mAh. I know it doesn’t count charges less than 0.01 A, and wouldn’t insist on it integrating charges correctly. The specified 850 mAh might be correct.

BTW2, when activating the light right after unlocking, the screen is not cleared before showing the lumens, so part of the lock is still visible. Thought at first that the display was bad, but it’s just a small firmware bug.

BTW3, looking closely to the bezel, there are two identical dents located opposite each other. What kind of machine could have caused them? Is the bezel screwed or press fitted?

Just got mine today, miracle of miracles.

No dents on mine, just what looks like a faint scratch of the blue ano nearest the glass, maybe 4mm-5mm long.

Almost didn’t see the “contact lens” on the glass that needed to be pulled off.

Magnetic charger is a pain in the ass. Doesn’t want to keep the contacts centered, keeps wanting to twist, flip over, etc. Though it was fully charged after letting it sit a few hours, tried 1000lm or whatever… yah, right. Maybe 200lm or so. Looked, 2.94V. What?!?

This time I made sure it stayed attached when putting it down, and after a while, sure enough, 4.20V. Ah, now it was nice and bright.

Ergonomics are kinda bad, though. Looks beautiful, though. No knurling so not much grip. Switch is fairly stiff. Neither one is bad at all, but when coupled with its length and diameter, it’s a small light, so unless you got hands the size of a small child’s, and hold the light with pinky finger shrouding the light, you ain’t gonna be able to easily work the light with one hand. When on, every time I try to turn it off, I end up pushing the light half out of my hand, still on. Or, curl my pinky in front of the lens as a stop, and then push the switch.

Awkward, either way.

Played with it a while, still holding at 4.15V or so, 12hrs or so later, no discernible drain.

Whups, a bit of a blast at turbo, and it’s 4.05V now. Yeah, I wouldn’t count on being able to use turbo for very long, not with a small cell inside. Still, for normal usage, it should last a decent while, the lower the longer.

Meanwhile mine took place on the shelf. What I’ve learned: I want such a display on all of my lights.