Introducing XinTD X3 XM-L2 3*AA Flashlight

How does the 3xAA compare to the E4A 4xAA? Is the X3 brighter?

The only throwers I compared it to are my Fenix TK35 and the XinTD V3 with the XM-L U3. The X3 totally blows them away in throw. I'm very impressed with this light. BTW, mine came in flawless condition .

I measured 3 amps with an unprotected Panasonic 3400mAh 18650 cell. It's very bright on high

What is the runtime on HI with the 18650?

Don't know yet. After about 20 minutes it was pretty hot. Next time I'll put a fan on it and see what we get

Check out the maximum reading. 3 amps is pretty decent for a single cell I would think..

the measured about 650 lumens on 3xAA Sneak Preview: XinTD X3 (XM-L2 | 3xAA / 1x26650 / 1x18650)

Anodizing comparison between the V3 and the X3. The X3 looks so much better IMO..

Outdoor shot without flash

I like that pic atbglenn! the X3 surely looks good!

Thanks! I just added an outdoor pic :)

anyone else take out the switch assembly yet? just the switch assembly is built better than some pills i have seen. I had told hank if he could source rubber boots that are exactly like the one in the x3 but blue, I would buy 50 of them right off the bat. he said that he is not able to source them...

Does anyone make a boot that fits? I just want to get spares, black ones

i know the blue 16mm ones from IO fit, but the nub on the inside is too short so its got too much play for my liking.

Hank needs to get spare parts for the XinTD’s…hint hint! BTW, the switch assy sounds like a winner as per your description. I haven’t taken mine apart yet

yeah, i would be down for an extra carrier

and the switch assembly is a hefty chunk of brass that is about 1" tall. I did not take the assembly apart, but it has some weight. this thing is built solid and hefty, and i like that. over engineered (except the battery tube :( )

Unless you drop the battery tube 10 feet to concrete, I don't think there will be any issues. I'm looking at it now. It's not very thick, but I think it's thick enough for normal everyday abuse. (I never abuse my flashlights)

i was thinking more along the lines of only being compatible with unprotected flat top cells

I hear ya. But I have several unprotected Panasonic 18650 flat top cells so it's not an issue with me. I actually prefer unprotected cells in single cell flashlights to be honest

yeah, all of my 18650s are unprotected pack pulls, but my 26650 to 18650 sleeve is too tall and i dont want to cut it down because it already rattles in my other 26650 lights. i will probably make what you did to use 18650s for now until i can order a pair or KK from hank

I have two of the unprotected KK on the way. I have never dealt with unprotected cells before. I know the light protects them from over discharging but what about over charging them? This is my 26650 charger.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-tr006-dual-channel-liion-battery-charger-for-2665025500267001865016340-us-plug-p-9985

Thanks

I've never had any issues with unprotected cells. As long you're careful, which I am, you won't have problems. I charge my cells with a hobby charger. The iCharger106B+ I own consistently charges to 4.17 volts which is a very safe value. I never let my cells get below 3 volts as I constantly check them, especially with new flashlights.. Personally don't trust normal chargers, but that's just my own paranoia