Is there a 5050 3V high CRI LED?(Rollercoster of emotions --- 3V 5050 9070 --- GT FC30 6V R9070 5050 --- GT FC60 12V R9080 7070)

Max 80 CRI? I’m not the best at reading data sheets but that’s what I’m reading, thought we were going for 90?

@SG3, this is just a generic datasheet for the generic LED properties.

No worries, they will make R9080 LEDs for the final batch :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a use for either the GT-FC20 or 30, so I could use either. But I guess for the sake of the poll, I’ll go 30. Go big or go home right?

Wow thanks for organizing this! This is massive for modding. This can be swapped in to any flashlight that use XML2, SST40, SFT40, and XHP50.2 3V emitters!!! That’s plenty of flashlights out there.

I’m thinking FC30 will be better for this size footprint. Hopefully they have a way to manufacture the emitters with a DUV below the BBL.

I find both interesting. Though the higher output of the FC30 is pretty appealing.

Definitely interested.

So, since the LED of choice has been the GT FC30, I would like to tell people that I’ll try to order samples next week to then test it out myself and send them to a few other people so we can see what the GT FC30 is made of :smiley:

Woooohooooo!

Yeah, I’m so excited.

LES size?

@Sk9, I’ve already asked the question to my fellow contacts, but you’ll have to obviously wait until later since it’s currently the weekend.

If I were to guess though, it’s probably half the area of the FC40.

In first post, attached datasheets, somewhere in first pages is graphically illustrated....

I did check those, nothing specific. But I found on their website that the gt-fc20 is 2.9x2.9mm, or 8.41mm².

https://www.gt-led.com/getian-new-design-leds-high-power-15w-20w-25w-30w-40w-cob-led-flip-chip-for-logo-lights-projection.html

Oh god freaking damn it!

It looks like our dreams have been dashed almost entirely: while the GT FC30 can be made to work in 6-12V, 3V is not currently possible.

“the circuit structure determines that it can not shifted to 3V without an entire redesign”

I am currently trying to get Getian to make us a semi-custom LED in 3/6V variety, but I’m not sure we’ll be able to make that order, as with my previous experience at a luminaire manufacturer, Cree and Luminus required us to make quite the large order to make it so.

I’ll still order the samples for testing obviously, and I’ll be hard at work to convince the higher ups at Getian to make an internal redesign :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, I’m now able to order the samples.

Update 2: Unless we can gather up the cache for 100 000pcs, it looks like we won’t be able to get a 3V GT FC30 lmao.

So, I also discovered something interesting talking with Getian more.

The lower the CCT, the more expensive the emitter.
The higher the CRI, the more expensive the emitter.
The higher the R9, the more expensive the emitter(the function cost goes up faster than CRI as well).

Any reason why lowering the CCT would lower cost, and why increasing R9 color reproduction make the cost go up faster?

Oh, very interesting.

So the FC30 has the same LES as the FC20, but uses different higher quality emitters with quite a bit higher efficiency to boot and much higher current handling.

So yeah, the FC30 was the right choice after all, as it could work as a direct XHP50/70 replacement.

aww that sucks. Maybe a 6V version will allow it to work as a XHP50.2 replacement assuming it can be directly swapped in.

Those bastards :(

I am still interested, even if it needs to be a 6V version. That will still be suitable for a number of hosts with XHP50.2’s or SST/SFT70 LED’s.