Is there a good place to get fake Oakley sunglasses?

If you say so. However, I know that lawsuits have been won over copies many times. I own a few “lawsuit” guitars. These are guitars made in Japan to look feel and play exactly like Fenders or Gibsons but with different names on them. I think there was only one actual lawsuit and it only covered a specific model but all the copies from that time frame are now called lawsuit models. After the lawsuit companies in Japan changed the headstocks so that they were not exact copies.

Do you have a Tokai? I have wondered what they are like…

Okay. Just looked around that site. Check out their “About Us” page. Me thinks I’d be pretty cautious before buying from them.

http://www.oakleyeoutlets.com/about-us

I suspect that you're just trolling, but what does that have to do with sunglasses and trademark? Will the US sunglasses industry begin when Oakley loses its trademark?

[quote=wdkingery]

1912 shall explain what you need to know. Stop letting your government ruin your understanding of invention. !ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs!
[/quote]

[quote=18sixfifty]

If you say so. However, I know that lawsuits have been won over copies many times. I own a few “lawsuit” guitars. These are guitars made in Japan to look feel and play exactly like Fenders or Gibsons but with different names on them. I think there was only one actual lawsuit and it only covered a specific model but all the copies from that time frame are now called lawsuit models. After the lawsuit companies in Japan changed the headstocks so that they were not exact copies.
[/quote]

I think the one lawsuit was brought by Gibson and it won because it successfully argued that its headstock design was synonymous with its branding and was thus afforded trademark protection. It basically argued that the headstock design was the same thing as a logo.

You can get “design patents”: Design patent - Wikipedia

Lol. I was very wrong about patenting look and feel. I stand corrected.

I had one and sold it. I actually bought it on ebay and had it shipped over from Kyoto. it was just one of the basic black fender copies. It was a very nice guitar. I would say it played as nice as any Fender with the exception of a couple of Fender Plus models I owned. They shipped it with EMS ($110 for shipping). What was funny was that I bought another Fender MIJ tobacco burst made in the 80’s on the same day. It shipped from Texas and the one from Japan showed up first. Over the years I have bought and sold thousands of guitars. Everything from Gibson Les Paul Customs to Epiphone specials.

I was also one of the guys you would see on ebay selling the “2nd” or “used” guitars. Yes I even sold the infamous “Starcasters” for years. I bought them for $48 each 100 guitars at a time delivered to my warehouse.

I still have a small collection but the days of making good money on e-bay are over. The fees are sky high including paypal, there are too many thieves and with the Post Office subsidizing shipping from China it’s just not worth it anymore.

Well anyone, yes the Tokai is a great example of a first rate Japan copy.

In the US, it is not really illegal to buy counterfeit stuff. It is definitely illegal to sell it. By soliciting info on where to buy, you end up publicizing sellers who sell counterfeit goods and are engaging in illegal activity.

Me asking the OP to reword the title of a thread is nothing at all like the moderation on CPF. This is one peer asking another to consider a different perspective. There's absolutely nothing to fear because there is no power imbalance, and he can say no if he wants to.

Just buy genuine Oakrey sunglasses. A local flea market used to sell them. Also had Vike shoes and Ralex watches.

Then there’s Sorny, Panaphonics, and Magnetbox audio equipment (saw them for sale on the Simpsons)

Fakes are a bargain. But can it give you a potent UV protection? Will the lens and the frames last longer as you would like to expect it?

What's the big deal? Who am I really hurting? Everyone does it. etc, etc, etc.

I have a pair of RayBan RB8303 014/83 TECH… i love them

Rayban Chromax… but probably 99% of them you see are fakes. Haven’t been made in years.

You should be looking for Jokeley’s or Foakley’s or Croakley’s….just like we buy Trustfire, Ultrafire, and Uranusfire instead of Surefire here :wink:

I misread this at first! :bigsmile:

Frames:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AUTHENTIC-Oakley-Flak-Jacket-Silver-Frame-Nose-Pieces-/161000492841?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item257c608f29

Lenses:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-VL-Polarized-Slate-Grey-Replacement-Lenses-for-Oakley-Flak-Jacket-XLJ-/140947026073?pt=US_Unisex_Accessories&hash=item20d118f099

Saves you $100+ dollars.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/oakley-complete-convertible-sport-glasses-correction-lens-frame-set-0094-p-12422

-Garry

I am looking for a similar design and shape to the Flak Jacket. I don’t need or particually want it to have the name Oakley on it.

Basically I was looking for a decent pair of sunglasses that fit and functioned like the Flak Jackets because I know there are tons of copies which would suit my wants. I couldn’t care less what brand name they say on them. I’m not looking to fool anyone into thinking I have real Oakleys. Just tried on a pair of Flak Jackets and they fit and felt good and had the coverage I like in sunglasses. I hate it when light gets in on the top or sides.

Here you go.